BrahMos Cruise Missile

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Maalik repeating this for the third time. SPICE has a building destroyer version too. We deliberately did not use it during balakot.

Padh lo bhai
Nope. You are really thick.

You don't get stuff.

What I am saying is with Brahmos the combatant commander doesn't have the headache to choose between HR or penetrator variants of warheads.

He can use the same Brahmos against a soft skinned target like hangar. He can use it against a buried target like POL dump. He can use it against a hardened HAS.

WITH SPICE 2000 , THE COMMANDER WOULD HAVE TO SELECT A PENETRATOR VARIANT FOR A HAS AND A BURIED TARGET AND A HE VARIANT FOR A HANGAR OR UNARMOURED TARGET.

BRAHMOS WITH ITS PCB WARHEAD CAN TAKE ON BOTH. NO WARHEAD CHANGING HEADACHE.

ARE YOU SLOW??? OR YOU DONT GET STUFF ? OR EVERYTHING HAS TO BE BROKEN DOWN AND MADE INTO A PULP BEFORE you can have them?

NAMICA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Pls post the preceding text part. Where there are terms like VOD and blast performance .

I have already provided him the url to this. Can't post the image due to low memory.
HEMEX composition has a relatively high density of about 1.84
g/cm3
, high VOD of about 7600m/s, and high shock insensitivity of 3.5 x 103
MPa compared to
existing formulations for warhead application.
Vacuum casting methodhas been developed for HEMEX filling in the PCB warhead for
PJ-10 (Brahmos) missile. The filling parameters like vacuum pressure and duration, temperature
of melt, increment size etc. have been established to minimize defectsin the filling. Casting under
vacuum alsohelps uniform and homogenous flow of HEMEX melt in all the regions of the
warhead.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Read post #2455. It contains links from DRDO and caltech.
Have done that already 😜😂😜

Who are you trying to fool? I am not your mango amateurish defense buff who deals with these things for a change on weekdays.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
HEMEX composition has a relatively high density of about 1.84
g/cm3
, high VOD of about 7600m/s, and high shock insensitivity of 3.5 x 103
MPa compared to
existing formulations for warhead application.
Vacuum casting methodhas been developed for HEMEX filling in the PCB warhead for
PJ-10 (Brahmos) missile. The filling parameters like vacuum pressure and duration, temperature
of melt, increment size etc. have been established to minimize defectsin the filling. Casting under
vacuum alsohelps uniform and homogenous flow of HEMEX melt in all the regions of the
warhead.
People don't understand that if the usual compositions were so good and the warhead design brilliant, engineers and scientists wouldn't have gone to great lengths to design a new warhead and develope a new formulation .

It means new processes, new QA/QC, a Greenfield assembly line , no commonality. Completely new setup.

Or Brahmos limited guys and NPOshould have consulted Defcon and repurpose an existing warhead design which we use with Spice and fit it on Brahmos keeping dimensions and weight considerations into account .

The Russians are developing a new variant of Tsirkon for internal carriage . I will ask them to rope in Defcon as a consultant. Will save them a lot of resource in time and money when they can use the spice for their missile design .

India will be proud at Defcon's contribution . We can say that a mate at DFI has contributed to cutting edge missile stuff.

PS- Why didn't Spice bring down the structure at Balakot top? Brahmos with its tiny puny warhead would have brought down the entire building .

Folks in the west would have seen a pile of debris and charred bodies instead of a building with three holes on its GI roof .

Defcon 1

Country flag
Have done that already 😜😂😜

Who are you trying to fool? I am not your mango amateurish defense buff who deals with these things for a change on weekdays.
Ok sir, I accept defeat. You win. Forgot who I was dealing with. Have a good day.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Ok sir, I accept defeat. You win. Forgot who I was dealing with. Have a good day.
Nope. I am a humble fella. I am not someone to push stuff down others throat . It's not a matter of winning or loosing. It's about what is correct and wrong . Even then , pls feel free to believe what you want . I am not forcing anything on you . You can make your own conclusns.

Have a great day sir.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Nope. I am a humble fella. I am not someone to push stuff down others throat . It's not a matter of winning or loosing. It's about what is correct and wrong . Even then , pls feel free to believe what you want . I am not forcing anything on you . You can make your own conclusns.

Have a great day sir.
What you guys discussing over ?

I was completely lost

porky_kicker

Country flag
What is the difference between TDOA and GPS guidance can any one tell? @porky_kicker
Tdoa means time difference of arrival

GPS uses toa which means time of arrival

Both these techniques are used to find the range to the target .

The difference between two is

1. In toa time at which signal is sent is required , in addition to time at which it was received at another point.

2. In tdoa time at which signal is sent is not required , here time at which the signal is recieved is required. But it requires two points where the same signal is received to calculate the difference in time of arrival of the same signal.

Explanation beyond this is outside my capability

And tdoa technique is better than toa.

WolfPack86

Country flag
UAE, Saudi Interested To Acquire BhahMos Missiles As India Deepens Ties With The Arab World
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Saudi Arabia (KSA) could be interested to acquire Indo-Russian BrahMos Missile, as New Delhi looks to bolster its defense ties with the Arab World, the Financial Express reported.

The news comes just before the Indian Chief of Army Staff General M M Naravane’s visit to the UAE and Saudi next week, during which he would meet many officials apart from his counterparts.

The report noted – In the first-ever visit by any Indian Army Chief to Saudi Arabia, General Naravane is expected to address the Saudi National Defence College, besides other meetings with senior officials.”

Gen Naravane’s visit to UAE comes close on the heels of the recently concluded visit by the external affairs minister S Jaishankar’s visit to the region.

“From the Middle-East nations including Qatar, UAE, and Saudi Arabia have manifested interest in acquiring the BrahMos Missile. The talks are still in the early stages and further discussions put on hold due to the global lockdown due to COVID-19,” the report added citing its sources.

The recent multiple tests of the BrahMos missile have indeed worked well for the Indo-Russian joint venture. Along with Chinese aggression and asserting own dominance in the region, BrahMos serves as a credible deterrence against hostile vessels being the only successful and operational supersonic anti-ship cruise missile in the world, which even has land-based and aerial-based variants which have seen considerable success and been already integrated with the Su-30MKI fighter jets of the Indian Air Force.

The Indian relations with the two Gulf countries have been cordial especially since the election of Narendra Modi as India’s Prime Minister, who has been to UAE three times and conferred with the highest Emirati honor, Sheikh Zayed Medal.

Even with Saudi Arabia, India openly condemned missile attacks on its Aramco oil facility recently in Jeddah.

Last year when the UAE announced an investment of $75 billion in India, Saudi Arabia even increased their investment to $100 billion and invited Indian companies to explore future potentials.

The Reliance-Aramco deal also expresses warming relations among the two countries. The UAE has even expressed its interest in India’s home-grown Akash surface-to-air missiles.

WolfPack86

Country flag
INDIAN NAVY TO ACQUIRE 38 EXTENDED RANGE BRAHMOS MISSILES FOR NEW WARSHIPS SOON
NEW DELHI: In a bid to enhance the firepower of its warships, the Indian Navy has moved a proposal to acquire 38 extended range BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles which would be able to hit targets at around 450 kilometres.

The missiles are to be fitted on the under-construction Vishakhapatnam class warships of the Indian Navy which are going to join active service in the near future.

"A Rs 1,800 crore proposal for acquiring 38 extended range BrahMos supersonic cruise missile is with the Defence Ministry and is expected to be approved soon," government sources told ANI.

The BrahMos would be the main strike weapon of the warships and is already installed on several warships of the maritime force.

The Indian Navy had also carried out the test firing of the BrahMos missile from its warship INS Chennai to showcase its capability to strike targets at ranges more than 400 km in high seas.

India is also working on finding export markets for the supersonic cruise missile which has been indigenised to a large extent by the DRDO under its project PJ-10.

After the launch of the joint venture between India and Russia in the late 90s, the Brahmos supersonic cruise missile has become a potent weapon for all three armed forces which are using them for different roles.

lcafanboy

Country flag

Philippines buying Brahmos missile. This is huge. First big ticket defence deal. And a sack of salt on Chinese wounds...😍😍

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

Philippines buying Brahmos missile. This is huge. First big ticket defence deal. And a sack of salt on Chinese wounds...😍😍
Which version are they buying? Block 2?

KurtisBrian

Country flag

that is indeed huge and also geopolitically very interesting. Duterte appeared to favor China but the military seemed to favors the US and allies.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
that is indeed huge and also geopolitically very interesting. Duterte appeared to favor China but the military seemed to favors the US and allies.
चीन की गर्मी उतारने का सटीक उपाय, उसके पड़ोस के देशों को ब्रह्मोस मिसाइल बेचो और फिर चीन की चीख़ों का आनंद उठाओ।

KurtisBrian

Country flag
चीन की गर्मी उतारने का सटीक उपाय, उसके पड़ोस के देशों को ब्रह्मोस मिसाइल बेचो और फिर चीन की चीख़ों का आनंद उठाओ।
mmm you are correct. Just wait until your people sell those fancy deadly new Tejas jets to Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. China and Pakistan will not be pleased.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles