Brahmaputra diversion by China: How should India respond?

lemontree

Professional
A river has gone dry in Arunachal Pradesh.

The Chinese "run-of-the-river" project has turned into a "run-off-with-the-river" project. And this forum is silent!!!

Gents, this is the time when the Govt should activate 22 Estb for what it was created and show some balls.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
LT,

It requires political will to release Est 22.

India woefully lacks the same.

lemontree

Professional
Sir, I agree that we need political will. Maybe when it comes to China the GOI plays its cards close to its chest.
Since we are not aware, we fret and fume.

Maybe that is why a mountain strike corps is being raised and so much attention was being given to the North-east.

Probably 22 estb has already been activated.

p2prada

A river has gone dry in Arunachal Pradesh.

The Chinese "run-of-the-river" project has turned into a "run-off-with-the-river" project. And this forum is silent!!!

Gents, this is the time when the Govt should activate 22 Estb for what it was created and show some balls.
Sir, I am not really worried about this. There are international laws that prevent China from doing this. Also, quoting Rage, nobody can fvk with India when it comes to dams.

lemontree

Professional
Sir, I am not really worried about this. There are international laws that prevent China from doing this. Also, quoting Rage, nobody can fvk with India when it comes to dams.
Who will enforce China from obeying these laws?

If China can offer overt support to LET and veto every UN resolution from declaring the Jamat-ud-Dawa a terrorist organisation, then how do we expect them to play fair. Is only after the Nov 2008 did China drop its resistance to declaring JuD a terror organisation.

A wimpish response to this will prove fatal.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles