Brahamdagh Bugti has no links with the kidnappers of the swiss hostages held in Pak

Abdul_Bugti

(Note: there could be spelling and grammar mistakes in the below article as it is translated by Google Translator)

The French anthropologist Georges Lefeuvre, leading expert of Pakistan and Afghanistan, gives his insight into the presence of separatist Baloch leader Bugti Brahamdagh Switzerland. And the interference between this case with that of the two Swiss hostages held since July in Pakistan

Brahamdagh Bugti, Baloch separatist leader, is wanted by the Pakistanis. In Switzerland since last October, there is applied for asylum, but Islamabad considers him a terrorist and would surrender. Bern is in a difficult situation because of the two Swiss hostages held in Pakistan. The French anthropologist Georges Lefeuvre, leading expert of Pakistan and Afghanistan and former political aide to the EU, gives us his analysis.

Time: The presence of Brahamdagh Bugti in Switzerland Will it have a negative impact on efforts to free the hostages held in Switzerland in Pakistan since July?

Georges Lefeuvre: It depends on the willingness of Pakistan to actually lead to his extradition, something that is not clear. I understand the embarrassment of the Swiss. But Brahamdagh Bugti is not a terrorist. It deserves to be granted asylum. The extradition would be a mistake because of threats against him, although I see it, the lives of two Swiss hostages are at stake I have no advice to give to the Swiss authorities, but the best my opinion would be to allow him to stay in Geneva while dragging the asylum procedure, a fuzzy language that the secret services include pretty well. Moreover, the hunt for Bugti dates from the time of Pervez Musharraf, with whom the power of today is not obliged to show solidarity, even if the repression continues, unfortunately, in the province. I am more concerned to know what is the scope of the Pakistani intelligence with Wali-ur-Rehman, the abductor of the two Swiss kidnapped by Loral, in northeastern Balochistan.

- Precisely: Do not you fear that the Pakistani secret services are less cooperative with Bern?

- There is no organic link between the kidnappers Brahamdagh Bugti and Loral, and even less with Wali-ur-Rehman, co-leader of Tehrik e Taliban Pakistan (TTP) with his cousin Hakimullah Mehsud, who now holds the hostages . They have radically different political positions, one being a feudal aristocrat, but inspired by modern ideas, the other an obscure "wahhabisé." With the TTP, we are dealing with one of the groups that are most challenging. Wali-ur-Rehman is damn Brahamdagh Bugti. Remains that Pakistani do not necessarily fit well and could indeed be reluctant to work for the release of the hostages if the "rebel" Bugti officially obtained political asylum. Hence the need to delay.

- Brahamdagh Bugti would it be able, with his contacts, to facilitate the release of hostages?

- I do not think. Baluchistan historic center and south of the province, that of the autonomy of neo-Marxist persuasion, has nothing to do with the Taliban obscure, although the rebellion is now infiltrated by them. Loral, the northern district where the two Swiss were kidnapped before being transferred to Waziristan, only 5% of Baluchis, 5% against various ethnic Pashtun 90%, almost all tribes Kokar Utmankel and that is to say the subdivisions of the large Ghilzai tribe, that of Mullah Omar, Taliban supporters then. And Brahamdagh Bugti himself was sued by the Taliban.

- Who is he? What role does he in the armed rebellion?

- He became the representative of the Bugti tribe after the assassination of his grandfather, August 26, 2006, following a terrible stalking of 18 months by the Pakistani army. He then created the Balochistan Republican Party (BRP), before going into exile in Afghanistan. Some attribute to him as the establishment of the Balochistan Republican Army (BRA), the armed wing of his party. But I do not believe it too. He certainly is the resistance for the independence of his province, but in my opinion is not responsible for acts of violence. He has no blood on their hands. This is not a terrorist. Instead, he doubled the BLUF, the Balochistan Liberation United Front, made up of well-educated young people who have gone underground and are capable of violent actions.

- Is he still any political influence from Switzerland?

- It has little influence, let alone since he was in exile. Baloch rebellion is not limited to the Bugti district and is also too divided to make allegiance to one.
- Brahamdagh Bugti has helped you in a matter of hostages "¦

- Right. In February 2009, I was approached by the UNHCR, which sought to establish useful contacts for the release of John Solescki, a UN official kidnapped in Chaman (border between Kandahar and Quetta). The procedure and type of claims Seeing me immediately convinced that this was not a Taliban action, I directed the UNHCR to the parts and armed separatist Baluch type séculier-Marxist. John Solescki was released two months later. Brahamdagh Bugti, although his group BRP was not for nothing in the kidnapping, had responded to my request. Even if he did not play a role in this case, it was helpful.

- How the death of his grandfather in August 2006 she was a turning point for Balochistan?

- Nawab Akbar Bugti was murdered in August 2006 at the age of 80 years was an amazing character. I knew him well. He claimed most of the Enlightenment that of Marxism. He has translated Jean-Jacques Rousseau Baluchi language and was reading the heads of its vassal tribes! Britain's Queen Elizabeth II invited him to his coronation in 1953. Nawab Akbar Bugti was not always a fierce independence. In 1946, it has been clear even to the attachment of Balochistan in Pakistan still in gestation. His death, tragic, was glorified. He became an emblematic figure of Baloch nationalism for resisting the military repression of Pervez Musharraf committed in 2004. The youth then resumed his fight, but in a disorderly manner.

- The family Bugti is it easy?

- The Bugti district is full of natural gas, discovered in 1952 and which supplies 45% of Pakistan. Nawab Akbar Bugti received by my count between 40 000 and 50 000 euros per month in rent for use of fields located on his land. He probably managed to make his fortune away.

- Have you been contacted by the Swiss authorities or other actors about the two hostages?
- No. But I put myself at their disposal.
Courtesy: LeTemps.ch

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Baluchistan should approach UN for a separate state just like Palestine. I wonder if that would work?

Adbul there is also a Baluchistan flag available, change to baluch flag.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Baluchistan should approach UN for a separate state just like Palestine. I wonder if that would work?

It's available as an emoticon :balochistan:. but not as default option in profile. Profile flags are pre-made

Abdul_Bugti

I cant find Balochistan flag in my profile setting, please help.... i am really fed up with this disgusting porkistan's flag

agentperry

dont know why i find it difficult to digest that there is really a baluch person fed up of pakistan and educated too. i thought baluch people who are against the pakistan rule are in inaccessible areas of pakistan devoid of education and basic needs

ejazr

Ambassador
dont know why i find it difficult to digest that there is really a baluch person fed up of pakistan and educated too. i thought baluch people who are against the pakistan rule are in inaccessible areas of pakistan devoid of education and basic needs
Well, its most the educated and university students that have become anti-Pakistan. Here is a video shot by a Pakistani channel with discussion with local Baochis

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles