Border Security Forces Of India and News

shom

BSF rescues minor Bangladeshi girl from traffickers:-
PTI May 2, 2013, 01.46PM IST
GUWAHATI: A minor Bangladeshi girl has been rescued by BSF troops from the clutches of human traffickers in lower Assam's Dhubri district along the Indo-Bangladesh border.

BSF troops deployed at Border outpost(BOP) Mankachar based on specific intelligence carried out a joint operation with police from Mankachar police station and rescued the 15-year old Bangladeshi girl hailing from Uttar Borbandah village under Kurigram district of Bangladesh from the clutches of Human Traffickers on April 29, a BSF release said on Wednesday.
Courtesy:- Times Of India

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
BSF and there cool camo..

=========================================

Note : I dont know Which Company make these camo, But it would be great to have such micro-pattern camo in Indian Army co-lours and can be made available to Indian Army stores..

SilentKiller

Country flag
BSF and there cool camo..

=========================================

Note : I dont know Which Company make these camo, But it would be great to have such micro-pattern camo in Indian Army co-lours and can be made available to Indian Army stores..
Camo is fine, but none of the troops in pics have bullet proof vests, proper helmets.
During patrols they must wear them

shom

Camo is fine, but none of the troops in pics have bullet proof vests, proper helmets.
During patrols they must wear them
I dont think Playing holi and patrolling a undisturbed border needs bullet proof vests,, be updated dude when you are posting in DFI. Not only BSF but every Paramilitary force in India has Bullet proof vests,,, considering the climate and the amount of rage and guts our forces have ,, we dont need a bullet proof vest for petty days...,,, and for your information Bullet proof vests were provided to them in 2010,,, here is a link that will grow your general knwoledge Bulletproof jackets: Govt to float int`l proposals
I am amazed that we always criticize our forces without any reason,,, @Blackwater please dost ,,, dont like these posts,,, dont lower your value in DFI,,,,

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater

I dont think Playing holi and patrolling a undisturbed border needs bullet proof vests,, be updated dude when you are posting in DFI. Not only BSF but every Paramilitary force in India has Bullet proof vests,,, considering the climate and the amount of rage and guts our forces have ,, we dont need a bullet proof vest for petty days...,,, and for your information Bullet proof vests were provided to them in 2010,,, here is a link that will grow your general knwoledge Bulletproof jackets: Govt to float int`l proposals
I am amazed that we always criticize our forces without any reason,,, @Blackwater please dost ,,, dont like these posts,,, dont lower your value in DFI,,,,

mr shom i dont see any of my post in this thread. which post u r talking about

SilentKiller

Country flag
Sir, plz try and understand every petrol is dangerous, u cannot put your guard down.
I no where mentioned that while playing holi put vests....:p
beheading of our jawans also happened during routine petrol i guess.
What i want is proper equipment for our troops and post says, "Bulletproof jackets: Govt to float int'l proposals" so govt still has to float or have them issued to our jawans?

please don't be naive, have u seen army patrolling in north east and kashmir?
they are almost always wearing bullet prrof vest, never underestimate danger.
learn from past mistake instead of crying later.

shom

Sir, plz try and understand every petrol is dangerous, u cannot put your guard down.
I no where mentioned that while playing holi put vests....:p
beheading of our jawans also happened during routine petrol i guess.
What i want is proper equipment for our troops and post says, "Bulletproof jackets: Govt to float int'l proposals" so govt still has to float or have them issued to our jawans?

please don't be naive, have u seen army patrolling in north east and kashmir?
they are almost always wearing bullet prrof vest, never underestimate danger.
learn from past mistake instead of crying later.
1st of all it is not petrol it is patrol,,
2ndly If you are doubtful about BPJs then you have not followed the thread well,, if you have done that then you could find BPJ clad BSF in pictures posted by Kunal da.
3rdly We (rather I must say you) are commenting from a distant place and they (the Jawans) are present in the situation,, they are well acquainted with the situation and they know when to use a BPJ and when not to use.
'4thly India is such a country where you just can't wear a BPJ just for show off that you have one,, the reason is of-course the climate. So they wear that when needed only as you will see in the Pictures.
5thly I am not acting naive ,, but what I feel is you are much more into the American or Russian forces,, and some hollywood flicks where you see soldiers wearing BPJs 24x7. Get down from your bed and look out to the situation.

shom

mr shom i dont see any of my post in this thread. which post u r talking about
Oye chachu,, I never said that you posted,, I said not to like this type of post,,, because you are encouraging a person who doesn't have the sufficient knowledge to criticize the Defense and he is doing that. If you like their posts they will never learn.

Blackwater

Oye chachu,, I never said that you posted,, I said not to like this type of post,,, because you are encouraging a person who doesn't have the sufficient knowledge to criticize the Defense and he is doing that. If you like their posts they will never learn.
well he raised a valid Questioned. Does BSF has night vision ? bulletproof vest ? bulletproof helmates? motion senser ? Quad bike? effective rifles?

SilentKiller

Country flag
1st of all it is not petrol it is patrol,,
2ndly If you are doubtful about BPJs then you have not followed the thread well,, if you have done that then you could find BPJ clad BSF in pictures posted by Kunal da.
3rdly We (rather I must say you) are commenting from a distant place and they (the Jawans) are present in the situation,, they are well acquainted with the situation and they know when to use a BPJ and when not to use.
'4thly India is such a country where you just can't wear a BPJ just for show off that you have one,, the reason is of-course the climate. So they wear that when needed only as you will see in the Pictures.
5thly I am not acting naive ,, but what I feel is you are much more into the American or Russian forces,, and some hollywood flicks where you see soldiers wearing BPJs 24x7. Get down from your bed and look out to the situation.
Spelling mistake :rofl:

anyhow, please see indian army troops while they patrol....
even if american soldiers use BPJ during their patrol, then US army is full of nuts like me.
Thanks for reminding me same.

Its just an opinion, if u don't agree please ignore but i have right to put my views forward.
I expect my troops in full gear and equipped to their best when ever they are in harms way...that's it.
and for me border patrol is dangerous business and their lives needs to be protected.

shom

well he raised a valid Questioned. Does BSF has night vision ? bulletproof vest ? bulletproof helmates? motion senser ? Quad bike? effective rifles?
On BPJs ,, Yeah they have,,
For Vigilance:- The BSF director general has recently visited Iraq to look into surveillance equipment, including those with radar-based technology, which are likely to be adopted by next year.( Courtesy:- Taliban threat: BSF increase vigil at border with Pak - Indian Express)
For Night Vision equipment:-
Israeli night-vision device to help BSF
Vishwa Mohan, TNN Nov 3, 2006, 01.20am IST
NEW DELHI: With existing surveillance gadgets not fully effective in checking infiltration from across the border, India is now banking on an Israeli reconnaissance system — LORROS — to keep a close tab on intrusion bids, both along the Pakistan and Bangladesh borders.

Over 20 such long-range reconnaissance and observation systems, which have already been tested by the Army along the LoC, will soon be made available to BSF. Consisting of a night camera, a video surveillance system and a laser-range finder, LORROS can track men and machines from a distance of 40 kilometres.
The news is 7 years old. So you can presume we have one.
Source- TOI
Some other news:- This news is 2 years old.
MHA To Procure 19,000 NVGs for NSG,CRPF,BSF,SSB and ITBP
New Delhi: Security forces like NSG, CRPF and ITBP have turned their 'night eye' on to undertake special operations in Naxal-hit areas and along the country's borders as the government has recently sanctioned more than 19,000 night-vision devices for them.

The high-end devices, procured from public sector Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), include weapon mounted night-vision telescopes, night sights for rocket launchers, monoculars and binoculars and helmet mounted night vision devices which can be worn by troops.

The Night-Vision Devices (NVDs) are considered the most essential aid for security forces to operate better at night, with a clear vision of the enemy and other static targets. "The various variants of NVDs will give security forces deployed for anti-Naxal operations the much needed visibility in the dark. For special forces like NSG, they help the commandos accomplish a task with better precision," a senior Home Ministry officer said.

Describing the inventory of night-vision devices, he said 2,671 passive NVDs (monocular), 8,052 passive NVDs (binocular), 8,109 passive weapon sights and 203 night-vision goggles have been sanctioned by the ministry for forces like Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Border Security Force (BSF), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and the elite 'black cat' commando National Security Guard (NSG).

While the CRPF is thick in action in Naxal-hit states, the BSF, SSB and ITBP guard Indian frontiers with Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan and China.

Source: http://www.-----------/forums/india...nvgs-nsg-crpf-bsf-ssb-itbp.html#ixzz2SLZQgama

Source: http://www.-----------/forums/india...nvgs-nsg-crpf-bsf-ssb-itbp.html#ixzz2SLYrZQiW
BSF to ditch camels to ride sand scooters:-
Vimal Bhatia, TNN Jul 23, 2012, 11.18AM IST
JAISALMER: For the BSF, the ship of the desert may "sink" and "shrink" too, provided the hi-tech mode it is planning turns out to be viable.

In a bid to keep up with the times, the BSF plans to introduce sand scooters to keep vigil along the Pakistan border. In this series, trials of special scooters and special four-wheeler vehicles from the US, China and other countries are going on in Jaisalmer. These petrol vehicles are priced well above Rs 6 lakh.
The trial will continue till the end of July and if these prove successful, the vehicles will be used along with the camels to man the difficult desert terrain.

Though sources say that camels may not be withdrawn right away, the BSF is planning to reduce its camel fleet in the future as their upkeep is a major concern for the force. Buying quality animals, maintaining the same and their upkeep is quite a task.

Sources said the trial of 500cc ATV scooter Nebula Jaguar of Chinese company Nebula Exports was conducted in the third week of May.

Later, the trial of Polaris field vehicles was carried out during the last week of May. The vehicles that were tried include Ranger 800, Ranger RZR 4-800 and Sportman. Similarly, trial of vehicles belonging to Maini Group was held in June.

BSF sources said a panel has been formed at the headquarters in New Delhi and a report will be sent to the HQ soon after the trial. BSF will also send a recommendation to the Centre to acquire the ATVs.

Armed with ammunition and other equipment, jawans conducted trials in extreme heat conditions.
And They use INSAS ,, they are most effective rifles ,, in any case ,, if you have doubts go to the INSAS thread and post it ,, and you will get good replies from every Army person who uses it, in this forum.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles