Blasts in Russia, Atleast 10 dead

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
JIT for next year's presedential elections.
Putin doesn't need to try Congress tactics of riots and bombing.

He is the czar there anyway. He will win.

But everyone knows that the only man who can deal with terrorism is this guy.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Rest in peace to the unfortunate people who lost their lives and hope Russian goverment will avenge their sacrifice as well as stop further attacks by these Muslim terrorists.

Bhagwan is on their side.

Russia is doing the world a service by fighting Isis and we need to support the fight as well as acknowledge their sacrifice
We aren't backing any initiative taken by Russians. That's where our foreign policy is losing out. ISIS is as much a threat to India as much it is to them. We need to form a common anti-ISIS strategy with Russia and, as much as I dislike to say this, China as well.

Let's face it; CCP may not be a friend but they too hate ISIS and whatever NATO is creating for future along these lines. (Yes, you heard it right)

We need a serious military strategy to deal with ISIS.

China and Russia don't have as many "peacefuls" to get radicalised as we do. Russia does but they have a vice grip on what they are taught and what they are not. Same goes for China.

While for the cow meat ban itself you can see the havoc being caused by 'peaceful community' when all others have accepted the law.

The chances of ISIS creating cells from within are highest in India when compared to Russia and China.

We need to stop yapping to USA so much and focus on aggressive counter strategy for ISIS.

This would mean working with CSTO and China very closely.

Bahamut

Russian Investigators Establish Identity of Petersburg Metro Suicide Bomber
RUSSIA
12:57 04.04.2017(updated 16:05 04.04.2017)Get short URL
Blast in St.Petersburg Metro (52)
The Russian Investigative Committee has established the identity of the suicide bomber who attacked the Saint Petersburg metro on Monday, killing 14 people.
"The explosive device might have been detonated by a man whose fragmented remains were found in the train's third car. His identity has been established but is classified to help the investigation," the Committee's spokeswoman Svetlana Petrenko said.

Earlier in the day, the Kremlin spokesman confirmed that a suicide attack was one of the possible causes of the tragedy.

"This is one of the versions that are being discussed, which is mentioned," Dmitry Peskov told reporters of the Monday afternoon bombing that killed 14 people and wounded dozens.

On Monday, a blast in a train of the Saint Petersburg subway killed 14 people. Forty-nine people were hospitalized.

Russian President Vladimir Putin said all possible causes of the St. Petersburg underground explosion, including terrorism, were being considered in the investigation.

The Russian authorities announced they opened a terrorist case with respect to the explosion.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Putin doesn't need to try Congress tactics of riots and bombing.

He is the czar there anyway. He will win.

But everyone knows that the only man who can deal with terrorism is this guy.
You read me wrong.

I did not mean VV Putin but the scions of this particularly enlightening chap, Mr. Z. Brzezinski.

Here he's cheer-leading for his favorite team, proto-taliban. Go Bunnies.

Bahamut

Investigation establishes identity of St. Petersburg bomber suspect
April 4, 2017 GENNADY ZUBOV, GAZETA.RU
Twenty-two-year-old Akbarzhon Jalilov from Kyrgyzstan named by police.
Facebook19

Twitter

Pinterest
WhatsApp
ST. PETERSBURG METRO EXPLOSION, KYRGYZSTAN,RBTH DAILY

Suspected bomber, 22-year-old Kyrgyz-born Russian citizen Akbarzhon Jalilov. Source: Russian Archives/Global Look Press

Investigators looking into the terrorist attack on the St. Petersburg metro on April 3 have named 22-year-old Akbarzhon Jalilov – a native of Kyrgyzstan with Russian citizenship– as the main suspect. Fourteen people were killed and another 49 injured when a bomb ripped through a metro train carriage.

"We confirm that the suspect thought to have organized the terrorist act, is a native of Kyrgyzstan and a citizen of Russia called Akbarzhon Jalilov, born in 1995 and a native of Osh (Kyrgyzstan’s second largest city)," said Kyrgyzstan's National Security Committee representative.

Photos of the alleged suicide bomber have been found on social media, according to a law enforcement agency source quoted by Gazeta.ru.

Experts say St. Petersburg bombs most likely made by Syrian rebels

The source says that in 2015 Jalilov worked as a cook in a St. Petersburg sushi bar before disappearing. A former colleague said he heard that “Akbarzhon had left for Korea."

According to another source cited by Gazeta.ru, Jalilov supported the ideas promoted by an extremist group with links to ISIS. "Now the investigators are finding out the whole range of his acquaintances and connections," the source said.

The Fontanka news agency claims Jalilov had been living in St. Petersburg for the past six years. During this time he changed his local passport several times, and also had a foreign passport.

The investigation also believes the suicide bomber did not act alone and had accomplices. One of the terrorists must have therefore laid the bomb in Ploshchad Vosstaniya metro station. However, after the first explosion, communication in the metro was blocked, and they failed to activate the second device remotely. The homemade explosive devices were very similar and both were made of empty metal fire extinguishers. Inside, steel ball bearings were fixed to explosives with tape

raja696

However, after the first explosion, communication in the metro was blocked, and they failed to activate the second device remotely. The homemade explosive devices were very similar and both were made of empty metal fire extinguishers. Inside, steel ball bearings were fixed to explosives with tape

Can any one help me understand, did russian stations have signal jammers in case of emergency?.

How did they stoped second explosion from going off?

Do we have that capabilities, if not we have to think about it.

I am otm shank

We aren't backing any initiative taken by Russians. That's where our foreign policy is losing out. ISIS is as much a threat to India as much it is to them. We need to form a common anti-ISIS strategy with Russia and, as much as I dislike to say this, China as well.

Let's face it; CCP may not be a friend but they too hate ISIS and whatever NATO is creating for future along these lines. (Yes, you heard it right)

We need a serious military strategy to deal with ISIS.

China and Russia don't have as many "peacefuls" to get radicalised as we do. Russia does but they have a vice grip on what they are taught and what they are not. Same goes for China.

While for the cow meat ban itself you can see the havoc being caused by 'peaceful community' when all others have accepted the law.

The chances of ISIS creating cells from within are highest in India when compared to Russia and China.

We need to stop yapping to USA so much and focus on aggressive counter strategy for ISIS.

This would mean working with CSTO and China very closely.
I agree India needs to work diligently with Russia to tackle Isis and any other Islamic terrorism in the middle east. I'm not sure about doing it across the board outside the ME with them in places like central Asia though? Indians face so many terrorists from pakisalafis that drawing new enemies would make things worse and would be little to no chance of achieving strategic aims there in India's favour.

imo Russia has much reason to worry, they have 9 to 12 percent Islami population. They've suffered some of the worst attacks and suicide bombimgs imaginable from apartment bombings to that heartbreaking school attack.

I think China wants neither Russia or the west to defeat isis or any terrorism because it bogs the westerners down and ties up their resources so chinese can enter these areas and they can pretend they're a white knighy. I think it'd be naive to engage chinese at this point unless they take a more responsible approach to things already in their scope like tackling paki state sponsored terrorism and not engaging/covertly supporting terror groups within India.

BTW good to see you back again. I've been reading dfi and pdf a long time and always enjoy reading your sensible and calm posts to friends and foes alike

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Indians face so many terrorists from pakisalafis that drawing new enemies would make things worse and would be little to no chance of achieving strategic aims there in India's favour.
ISIS already has India on its crosshairs.

I don't see how they won't try to use the Islamic 'biraderhood' to get into India and target soft sites.

IB and RAW need to get aggressive. First, it is important for them to form a semi-deep state entity to deal with Fifth Columnist terrorists.

The real danger is not these gun-totting maniacs; the real danger are their agents and pro-supportive entities that are spread deep within the Indian democratic system, exploiting its freedoms and weaknesses and pretending to be "victims" across softer modes.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles