Blasts, gunfight rock Indonesian capital Jakarta

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
@Bornubus Yup. Just saw this on Twitter

Moral of the story is that Hindus are stupid no matter which country they belong to. A violent ideology is hell bent on chopping off their heads but Indonesian Hindus, just like sikular Hindus all over the world, are busy giving certificates of innocence to terrorists even before the operation has concluded. This timid, suicidal attitude will spell our doom one day. I believe, Hindus in West Bengal and Kerala have some first hand experience to share in this regard. Aur khelo secularism-secularism.
the damningly sterile/compromised/apologist/'casual' way in which Hindu kids are raised up (from home to school/education, everything), they're bound to turn fence-sitters/dhimmis/fellow-travellers of the we know what kind/HINO (Hindu In Name Only). "aah am not interested in religion/politics! let me take my new style waali selfie on my latest octacore 4GB RAM phone & share what am eating now on instagram/FB", "all religions are same onlee, preaching be good and love blah blah"....................

am sorry to say, but many of us here (or perhaps most?!), we are what we are today despite our environment (for good or for bad)!

Alien

Navneet Kundu

am sorry to say, but many of us here (or perhaps most?!), we are what we are today despite our environment (for good or for bad)!
This exact paradox stuns me. I mean, Christians put up a brave fight during the crusades and still lost to the Ottoman, similarly many ideologies put up brave fights and were eventually devoured by Islam. On the contrary, India has been a defeated and enslaved nation for 1000 years. First 800 years India was ruled by Muslims and next 200 by Christians, and still retains its Hindu character. I am dumbfounded.

Also, your comment about new style waali selfie hit close to home. I used to think maybe this double edged sword of technology might have the same effect on muslim youngsters and wean them away from jihad. But I was wrong. One of my acquaintances (female muslim), was part of our group, we used to go out together. She was a modern liberal, secular, educated, muslim working in an MNC. But one day, during Navratri festival, I saw a WhatsApp status update at 10:05 pm saying that 'it's been 5 minutes past the deadline, but still these Hindus haven't stopped playing music'. She seemed very annoyed, clicked pictures with her 'octa core' smartphone, made repeated rants on Facebook, called the police and caused a lot of ruckus in the society. The hatred against infidels is so deeply imbibed that every symbolism associated with infidels becomes difficult to tolerate. It struck me how succinctly the same instruments of modernism were being used to fuel a very medieval hatred. Just like Jinnah used the institution of 'modern secular democracy' to meet his jihadi goals.

That day I realized, those who claim that extremism is a result of poverty or lack of education are wrong. Two best counter examples are Osama and Jinnah. Osama was the son of a billionaire and Jinnah was a highly educated person. The cornerstone of this 'religion of peace' is based on antagonism and intolerance towards every non-believer, which is at the core of their political ideology. This is not a fringe belief, it is a mainstream belief. This will never go away, regardless of wealth, social status or education. This will keep springing up from time to time and we must be aware of it. In fact we are being intellectually dishonest when we claim that it is only the extremists that are a threat to us and further using a very narrow definition of an extremist as someone who carries guns. But extremism is more than just guns, it's in the head. Getting enraged because someone played Navratri songs for 5 minutes extra is also extremism.

Last edited:

Navneet Kundu

For so many years, the victims were infidels which allowed them to be flippant and make defensive claims about being a religion of peace, equivocate and evade all criticism. Now, the terrorists and the victims both belong to the same religion; Let them tell each other that it is a religion of peace and let us see if the relatives of the dead victims are convinced.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
This exact paradox stuns me. I mean, Christians put up a brave fight during the crusades and still lost to the Ottoman, similarly many ideologies put up brave fights and were eventually devoured by Islam. On the contrary, India has been a defeated and enslaved nation for 1000 years. First 800 years India was ruled by Muslims and next 200 by Christians, and still retains its Hindu character. I am dumbfounded.

Also, your comment about new style waali selfie hit close to home. I used to think maybe this double edged sword of technology might have the same effect on muslim youngsters and wean them away from jihad. But I was wrong. One of my acquaintances (female muslim), was part of our group, we used to go out together. She was a modern liberal, secular, educated, muslim working in an MNC. But one day, during Navratri festival, I saw a WhatsApp status update at 10:05 pm saying that 'it's been 5 minutes past the deadline, but still these Hindus haven't stopped playing music'. She seemed very annoyed, clicked pictures with her 'octa core' smartphone, made repeated rants on Facebook, called the police and caused a lot of ruckus in the society. The hatred against infidels is so deeply imbibed that every symbolism associated with infidels becomes difficult to tolerate. It struck me how succinctly the same instruments of modernism were being used to fuel a very medieval hatred. Just like Jinnah used the institution of 'modern secular democracy' to meet his jihadi goals.

That day I realized, those who claim that extremism is a result of poverty or lack of education are wrong. Two best counter examples are Osama and Jinnah. Osama was the son of a billionaire and Jinnah was a highly educated person. The cornerstone of this 'religion of peace' is based on antagonism and intolerance towards every non-believer, which is at the core of their political ideology. This is not a fringe belief, it is a mainstream belief. This will never go away, regardless of wealth, social status or education. This will keep springing up from time to time and we must be aware of it. In fact we are being intellectually dishonest when we claim that it is only the extremists that are a threat to us and further using a very narrow definition of an extremist as someone who carries guns. But extremism is more than just guns, it's in the head. Getting enraged because someone played Navratri songs for 5 minutes extra is also extremism.
spot on! and we are meant to 'not paint everyone with the same brush'. well if we do, are we so much to blame?! have also always wondered how come all the things generally associated with 'modernity' (as you've written) seldom seem to have any effect to root out the infection in the followers of this ideology to the extent these work, on say, Hindus (who BTW are/were more than eager to distance themselves with revulsion from their cultural, hereditary, religious, what-have-you identities under the very same effects). there's definitely some thing to it. BTW your post is worth exhibiting on the walls of the SM!

P.S. - SSwamy repeatedly uses the first point of your post to drive home the reason behind the (sub-conscious?!) jealousy & hatred of the domestic & int'l momin (& to an extent the evanjihadis too). as to how/why Dharma still survives after so many hundreds of years of relentless onslaughts by beasts, the answer to that i think lies in the Bhagavad Geeta. can just hope that Hindus don't negate it by their epic foolishness over time.

salute

Indonesia is not much Islamic country(compared to Barbaric arab & Terrorist Indian Sub) but gradually it is also swallowed by jihadis. :frusty:
they accept islam laws as a national or maybe even constitutional law which makes them pretty much muslim country.

Navneet Kundu

Indonesia is not much Islamic country
It is very much an Islamic country. It's laws are based on Islam. Their president is a certified Islamist. Here's what he said :

Finally, the president of Indonesia described what he called “two important assets which stabilize and anchor our society.” These are, he said, Islam and democracy. As the largest Muslim-majority country in the world, and the globe’s third-largest democracy, “we are proud,” he said, “that Islam in Indonesia plays an important role in consolidating democracy.”

Religion the dark horse in Indonesia election
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fe...ction-religious-tensions-201478610125765.html

In April, hardline Islamist groups announced the formation of an "Anti-Shia Alliance" to crack down on the practice of Shia Islam in Indonesia. The governor of West Java province sent an assistant supportive of the movement to attend its launch, according to theJakarta Globe, where some wore black ski masks and jackets with the words "Heresy Hunters".

Meanwhile, the Indonesian government has been accused by some of not doing enough to address intolerance against religious minorities. Suryadharma Ali, Indonesia’s religious affairs minister until his resignation in May, had said Shia should convert to Sunni Islam to prevent violence against them and that the Ahmadiyyah sect, which identifies as Muslim but believes in a prophet after Mohammad, should be banned.

Prabowo’s party, itself, caused a stir when a manifesto published earlier this year stated that "the state is also expected to guarantee the purity of religious teachings … from all forms of heresy and deviation".

They have systematically gobbled up Hinduism over the years. (Or it's quite possible that Hindus went extinct because of their own sickularism. If you are really that stupid, then even lord Brahma can't help you)

Last edited:

Navneet Kundu

LIVE: Fresh round of explosions in Jakarta 8:30pm

Too many peaceful activities being carried out by the religion of peace this week.

करता रहा सो क्यों रहा, अब करी क्यों पछताए |
बोये पेड़ बबूल का, अमुआ कहा से पाए ||

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles