Bharat ek Khoj

kuku

Respected Member
Country flag
Used to watch this as a kid, recently found it on you tube, this series on DD made me make a promise to myself, to travel this land before i die, not gonig too great on that front, still the major part left.

YouTube - Bharat Ek Khoj - Episode 2 - The Beginnings - Part 1of5.

May be if the situation gets better in the region i could dream of travelling to Pakistan and Afghanistan.

S.A.T.A

probably one of the most best television series ever telecast in Indian television history.worth watching again for the stellar cast alone.If i recall right this might be the only television programme that tried to reenact the daily life of the Harappan culture,this subject has never been dealt again on television as a fictional account.

The adaptation of the hymn from the 'nAsadiya sukta' for the title song was brilliant

kuku

Respected Member
Country flag
exactly, all the reasons i love it, to even imagine the life of people who used to live in this blessed land so long ago fills me up with exitment.

I hope someone deals with the subject again, and with some good art.

One more thing i would love to watch is the story of Xuanzang's travels into India, that would be a treat to watch.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Nehru's superb book, Discovery of India combined with Shyam Benegal's direction combined to make this serial a masterpiece! At that time, there were so many interesting serials on Doordarshan.....nowadays, it's either mostly Saas-bahu BS or reality shows. I remember one more serial I used to watch called "Kile ka Rahasya", that was great too!

S.A.T.A

Maybe because we are spoilt for choices now more than in the days of DD.........More is perhaps not always better :)

Global Defence

New threads

Articles