Bharat Bandh Protests unite opposition, help it paint BJP anti-Dalit

Kazah

NEW DELHI: Amid protests by Dalit groups against the Supreme Court verdict on the SC/ST Act + , opposition parties claimed that BJP was targeting Scheduled Castes, prompting the Centre to respond that it had actually tightened the law.
BSP chief Mayawati said Dalits and backward classes were being denied their rights under the BJP-led government while Congress president Rahul Gandhi charged that BJP was targeting Dalits.

"It is in the DNA of the RSS-BJP to keep Dalits at the lowest notch in Indian society. Those who challenge this thinking are hit by violence," he said.

NDA ally and LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan backed the protests, but lashed out at Rahul, saying he had no moral right to attack BJP over Dalit issues. He also slammed political parties for fuelling the protest. "Why are political parties getting involved? The SC order came as a shock to the community and the government has filed a review petition. There is no delay at all. The government is committed to protecting the rights of SCs/STs," he said.

Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee, RJD leader Tejashwi Yadav, Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal and Left parties also supported the Dalit protests. Banerjee tweeted, "We are shocked and pained that some of my Dalit brothers and sisters have been killed and injured. We support their cause. I appeal for peace."

Yechury referred to past instances of atrocities against Dalits and said, "From Rohith Vemula to Una flogging and destruction of Ambedkar statues, we have seen how this government has dealt with issues pertaining to Dalits. RSS-BJP ideology has been the driving force in targeting of Dalits."

Junior minister for water resources Arjun Meghwal said, "Speaking of DNA, it is important to remind what Rahul Gandhi's DNA is about - humiliated Babasaheb (Ambedkar) not once but twice. Did not give a Bharat Ratna to Babasaheb. Did not even give space for a portrait in Parliament."

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...paint-bjp-anti-dalit/articleshow/63588180.cms

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
It is just sickening and tiring that the so-called opposition in this country can stoop down to any level to hold onto power anyway it is how the opposition Rant on how anti dalit or low caste the BJP is is hilarious best and delusional at its worst this also shows the toxic legacy of a good thing gone bad it is high time that the powers that be come together and dismantle the rotting facade that is the reservation system I feel that the so-called reservation system is the one that is extending validity of the artificial caste system that is in Vogue when I say artificial caste system it doesn't mean that Hinduism didn't have any cast as per se what I mean to say is the is the wrongful interpretation of the caste system by the British and later on by the brown Sahib of New Delhi and by the ecosystem that has been bought up on the diet of pure Hindu bashing I feel that the BJP will tide over this too but this has shown that the ecosystem that Nehru had built on pure hand me outs and cronyism is slowly but steadily feeling the pressure

LordOfTheUnderworlds

Country flag
Poor upper castes protest peacefully.
Because british misinterpreted holy caste system, and there were reservations in Rajputana etc
A mob comprising nearly 5,000 people set ablaze the houses of sitting MLA Rajkumari Jatav and former MLA Bharosilal Jatav in Hindaun, District Collector, Karauli, Abhimanyu Kumar told PTI.

While Rajkumari Jatav is from the ruling BJP, Bharosilal Jatav is a former Congress legislator who had also served as a minister in the state.

The agitated members of the traders' associations and upper castes took out a procession in Hindaun on Tuesday and tried to enter the SC/ST-dominated areas,

The eight deceased in MP included six Dalits and two upper-castes Hindus, police officials said.

Last edited:

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
But in a country where a mere dilution of SC ST act results in such wide destruction and agitations how can we even think of removing reservation. No party not even bjp has the balls to publicly declare themselves anti reservation. Not gonna happen in the next 20 yrs atleast.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Free the temple and remove RTE then we'll see cohesion in Hindu society.

I got to admit the BJP gov lacks guts more than anything these niggas don't wanna take risk.
And that's the reason I'm more inclined to personality like Yogi Adityanath at least he has resolve to do 60% of what he's promised while Modi can't even do 30%.

But I have no choice the anti india forces are too strong and there is no one better than BJP for now

prohumanity

Country flag
Pitting Indians against Indians is a last ditch desperate attempt by Congress and regional parties. These old, dirty tricks of "divide and rule" are not going to work in 2019 elections.
Indian voters are aware of these old, dirty tricks being played by opposition . I predict BJP will form Govt again in 2019. "Muslim paranoia card" is failing ...and "Dalit card" is also going to fail.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
SC/ST act doesn't need to be "amended", it needs to be removed entirely.
No, actually the term SC/ST should be removed from this Act, and anyone suffering casteism should get justice under this Act whether he is a brahmin or anything...

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
Mulle kabse dailt gone lage Bhai logon??
Dalits are the disenchanted group within Hindus.
That s why muslims will most closely associate themselves with Dalits only. Most conversion factories aka NGOs operate in Dalit or adivasi regions as they are (low hanging fruit), loosely connected to their dharmic roots.

Kazah

Dalits are the disenchanted group within Hindus.
That s why muslims will most closely associate themselves with Dalits only. Most conversion factories aka NGOs operate in Dalit or adivasi regions as they are (low hanging fruit), loosely connected to their dharmic roots.
but i find dalits more religious towards hinduism than upper castes themselves (atleast in North)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles