Bhakthi Related Thread

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
During the exile time, the trio used to visit places.

When they three walk one after other, Rama takes front and Sita ma walks in middle and Laxman watches back. Laxman can have a glimpse of Rama only when Sita ma is not obstructing his view.

This represents the classic prakrit and purusha phenomenon.

A seeker can only see purusha when prakritihi gives him chance.
excellent analogy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Hymn of Samadhi by Swami Vivekananda
where he describes the experience of Nirvikalpa Samadhi

(Translated from Bengali)

Lo! The sun is not, nor the comely moon,
All light extinct; in the great void of space
Floats shadow-like the image-universe.

In the void of mind involute, there floats
The fleeting universe, rises and floats,
Sinks again, ceaseless, in the current "I".

Slowly, slowly, the shadow-multitude
Entered the primal womb, and flowed ceaseless,
The only current, the "I am", "I am".

Lo! 'Tis stopped, ev'n that current flows no more,
Void merged into void — beyond speech and mind!
Whose heart understands, he verily does
Amazing yet incomprehensible. Can you post some other nirvana experiences?

Kshatriya87

Country flag
You won't get much effect if you do two jap at same time.

You need to pick your personal god and then do only it's puja. If you focus on only one god/goddess, you will get results by the end of the first month itself.
And you need to follow yama and niyama too.
By results you mean?

Is it possible to attain niravana without awakening the kundalini?

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
By results you mean?

Is it possible to attain niravana without awakening the kundalini?
Kundalini is very much dormant in every person.

When we explore the world, we learn new stuff. And become much active. This activeness is enhanced by the Kundalini. That energy will creep into our system as we break the boundaries.
For ex,
When we think deeply, we sometimes get some idea about stuff. How do you get this idea? It happens when you think. You go deeper and stimulate much deeper nerves in a way. So temporarily that too with out your intention, your kundalini flares up. That's how you get realisation.
What you have to do is, you have to awaken this stuff on your own. Then you will see the reality.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Kundalini is very much dormant in every person.

When we explore the world, we learn new stuff. And become much active. This activeness is enhanced by the Kundalini. That energy will creep into our system as we break the boundaries.
For ex,
When we think deeply, we sometimes get some idea about stuff. How do you get this idea? It happens when you think. You go deeper and stimulate much deeper nerves in a way. So temporarily that too with out your intention, your kundalini flares up. That's how you get realisation.
What you have to do is, you have to awaken this stuff on your own. Then you will see the reality.
Can it be awakened using just pure meditation of a deity or void/darkness/nothingness? Or do we have to go through all the yogic procedures prescribed by a guru?

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
Can it be awakened using just pure meditation of a deity or void/darkness/nothingness? Or do we have to go through all the yogic procedures prescribed by a guru?
You can do any thing as long as it stimulates the stuff down.

See for example, if you go to concert and the singer there is very good.
When you hear the song, if it is sweet, you immediately feel bliss.

Why do you fell bliss? The song numbs your senses and take you to some different world. You can say that it is powered by awakened kundalini. If it is awakened by outside entities, then it will stay awakened as long as the outside one stays with you.

Like that, if your deity can numb your senses and take you to the to its blissful world though its leela, then you can go for it.

Guru also does same. He makes you go through stuff and set things right. He can take you to this blissful world by stimulating you with jnana.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
During the exile time, the trio used to visit places.

When they three walk one after other, Rama takes front and Sita ma walks in middle and Laxman watches back. Laxman can have a glimpse of Rama only when Sita ma is not obstructing his view.

This represents the classic prakrit and purusha phenomenon.

A seeker can only see purusha when prakritihi gives him chance.
That's something I have learnt on this forum and will remember till I die.
I really thank you for this simple and logical explanation!

Fabulous!!!

~Om Namoh Naryana~

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag

---------------------------------------------------------
True,

they say Manduka Upanishad alone can clear all your doubts about what actually this Universe and Brahma is.
It explains you that everything is in you and you have to achieve three states of your own consciousness, after one achieves the 3rd stage there lies the last stage known as Turiya, when the soul recognizes and get unified with the creator and Ajna chakra is woken. Then you attain Moksha.

the sound Om defines the three states and the fourth is unexplainable. unspoken and unseen ... only can be experienced.
That's the bliss!

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
if under guidance (the recommended way), 'procedures' are important, because you wouldnt want the rising 'serpent' to get blocked at any junction. therefore, before you release the potential energy into kinetic energy, it should be made sure that the flood gates are clear and open, esp. the very first gate, ie, the Moolaadhaar Chakra is open (Mool + Aadhaar, the root or basic foundation). otherwise if the Kundalini gets stuck/blocked in a Chakra, say here the Moolaadhaar, it'd really exacerbate your tendencies, esp. those associated with the Chakra. think of it as a flowing and very powerful, restive force getting stuck or blocked or 'trapped' in a restricting space.

Last edited:

Kshatriya87

Country flag
if under guidance (the recommended way), 'procedures' are important, because you wouldnt want the rising 'serpent' to get blocked at any junction. therefore, before you release the potential energy into kinetic energy, it should be made sure that the flood gates are clear and open, esp. the very first gate, ie, the Moolaadhaar Chakra is open (Mool + Aadhaar, the root or basic foundation). otherwise if the Kundalini gets stuck/blocked in a Chakra, say here the Moolaadhaar, it'd really exacerbate your tendencies, esp. those associated with the Chakra. think of it as a flowing and very powerful, restive force getting stuck or blocked or 'trapped' in a restricting space.
I understood the side effects of improper awakening of kundalini from Aghora 2. Hence, I do not intent to awaken it. This is because, we working professionals do not have time to devote to a guru.

This is why I asked the question, can we achieve niravana just by meditation? If yes, can we do it without awakening kundalini? And if in the process of meditation the kundalini gets awakened, is it safe? Will I be able to control the kundalini without a guru just with the help of meditation?

Kshatriya87

Country flag
True,

they say Manduka Upanishad alone can clear all your doubts about what actually this Universe and Brahma is.
It explains you that everything is in you and you have to achieve three states of your own consciousness, after one achieves the 3rd stage there lies the last stage known as Turiya, when the soul recognizes and get unified with the creator and Ajna chakra is woken. Then you attain Moksha.

the sound Om defines the three states and the fourth is unexplainable. unspoken and unseen ... only can be experienced.
That's the bliss!
Have you experienced any of the higher stages of consciousness?

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Have you experienced any of the higher stages of consciousness?
Nope
Never...
you need guru to prepare yourself for the experience and knowledge containment in your brain. Only then it may be invoked.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
it's like controlling your pituitary gland

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
I understood the side effects of improper awakening of kundalini from Aghora 2. Hence, I do not intent to awaken it. This is because, we working professionals do not have time to devote to a guru.

This is why I asked the question, can we achieve niravana just by meditation? If yes, can we do it without awakening kundalini? And if in the process of meditation the kundalini gets awakened, is it safe? Will I be able to control the kundalini without a guru just with the help of meditation?
control? modestly speaking, generally, no way. mental asylum or a hospital most likely you'll end up in. like i had said, read the experiences of Pt. Gopi Krishna.
i used to do Anulom-Vilom for a very brief period in the way its supposedly meant to be (not how/what we see on the TV/vids or usually read about in literature), to awaken the Kundalini from its 'slumber'. i soon ceased doing it as i guess better sense and understanding prevailed.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Has anyone read "The Serpent Power"? I'm going to start reading it now. It talks about similarities between Egyptian and Indian spiritual cultures.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Damn this book is crazy. It says that Yoga & Hindu spirituality comes from Egyptian culture.

Krusty

Country flag
Damn this book is crazy. It says that Yoga & Hindu spirituality comes from Egyptian culture.
Westerners desperation. They refuse to accept that Hinduism is philosophically brilliant, intellectually rich and far older than their own. They start doing the only thing they know, employ lies and deceit to disconnect Hinduism from India.

Rediculous levels of inferiority complex. First AIT to disconnect Indus Valley (and indirectly entire Dharmic tree) from India and now this.

Their jealousy is astounding

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles