Bengali activist Avijit Roy hacked to death in Bangladesh

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
I'm speechless ...

Free thinker humanist Avijit Roy was killed by Islamic terrorists today.

Avijit Roy (42) was an engineer,science writer,blogger,atheist,feminist,humanist,free thinker,human rights activist, courageous defender of reason and free speech, and the founder of mukto-Mona blog site for Bengali free thinkers. He lived in the USA, but came to Bangladesh for a week or so to attend the inauguration of his new books at the national book fair in Dhaka. After the inauguration of his book tonight he and his wife left the book fair at around 9 pm.

And then when they were on their way to home and not far from the book fair, Islamic fanatics stopped their rickshaw, dragged them onto a sidewalk and hacked Avijit to death. The wife has been severely injured.

Avijit's father Dr Ajoy Roy is a former professor of physics at the Dhaka university. He is also a writer and free thinker.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It is time for Bangaldesh to get rid of its fundamentalists and idiotic parties like the Jammait e Bangladesh. Even Kahleeda Zia requires a good hiding.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Is he Idiot,atheist blogger went to Islamic nation without security what can u expect :frusty:

just remember one thing Every muslim is mini taliban
He is a Bangladeshi who went to his home country.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sir,Muslim atheists are butchered in broad day light in BD and u expect them to spare Hindu atheist. :lol:

As a Bengali u know atheist/bloggers are killed in BD.Ofcourse our sickular media never print these type of news.
I know that Calcutta is not an ideal place to live a retired life for a variety of reasons.

Yet, that is where I have come.

The call of the place of origin is a strong one.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
I thought Bangladesh was supposed to be a secular and tolerant place compared to Pakistan. What happened? It turns out Bangladesh is still the violent, corrupt hellhole it's always been. It's interesting how that works.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Islamists kill an atheist Hindu (oxymoron)......I'm sure our secular brigade of dumbF*&$ks are not bothered how their islamist allies are behaving in their majority countries (for obvious secular reason and agenda)! If such ismaists are not able to run riots on a daily basis in India it's all due to communal Hindus getting stronger day by day and jholachapism / leftists getting weaker and exposed!

Good NSA is catching islamists by the balls in Bihar and Bengal!

Khagesh

Was he not aware of how Taslima Nasreen was hounded out of Bangladesh.

Stupid thing to land up in the bog without taking guard against the snakes.

Kay

Country flag
You cannot kill an idea. Others will rise.
This war will be won with innovation. Wahhabis have misused nature's gift long enough. Islamic fundamentalism will die with oil.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
In that case, we have atleast half a century more to suffer. This was the first thing I saw today on internet.
I might recover as tomorrow will be a new day, new start. But I feel extremely sad and angry at the tyranny inflicted.

alphacentury

Country flag
I feel more sorry for his wife . Just cant imagine what she went through.:(

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
If I were that photographer, perhaps I wouldn't have the courage to take those snaps.
I don't know if it was call of duty or brazen insensitivity on the photographer's part. But he's hardly any part of the problem.
Can't think straight on this one yet. :(

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
This is horrible.

Let's not bring religion or nationality into this and trivialize a human tragedy.

Peace.
Says a hypocrite thug who has brought in Hindus and Hinduism umpteen number of times in umpteen discussions, even when totally uncalled for and unrelated.

Do you realize what an ass you sound like when you say such things? Better for you to shut up and not expose yourself any further.

JBH22

The peacefuls have been offended. Anyways rest in peace man.

Kay

Country flag
In that case, we have atleast half a century more to suffer. This was the first thing I saw today on internet.
I might recover as tomorrow will be a new day, new start. But I feel extremely sad and angry at the tyranny inflicted.

@Virendra
All wars have to be fought economically today - sad but true. Without an economy to support, you can win individual battles but not the war.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Rest In Peace ..

Hope for a Strong recovery for his wife ..

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
RIP. So I guess FBI will be involved in the investigation as the blogger was a US citizen?

Bangla Mu***** are no different than Paki Mu*****. They need to be culled before could rise against the Hindus and Sikhs of India. #IBelieveInDoval

Kay

Country flag
No it won't. The whole point of fundamentalism is for it to survive as Saudi influence once the oil runs dry and SA loses all conventional leverage it has in the world. Subcontinent will be the next "middle-east" in a few decades thanks to our neighbors and a few people in-house.
@Dovah
Maybe it will not die, but it will become irrelevant. The lack of funding will cause introspection by the Islamic clergy, which oil is preventing now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles