Bengali activist Avijit Roy hacked to death in Bangladesh

Kay

Country flag
@Dovah
It is a stretch to say the subcontinent will be the next middle-east, given the census data. The subcontinent has Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bhutan, apart from India, with a majority non-Muslim population.

Fundamentalism is a means of Wahhabi influence (which many members of the royal family are known to support). Mainstream Saudi national influence, to be relevant, has to be very nuanced to be acceptable. Of course Saudi soft power has to leverage Islam so as to appeal to the Muslims around the world. But its intent (and ability) to use extremism as a means of influence will not be there.

SA will be on back-foot post oil and that's one of the reason's its heavily invested in Pakistan's nuclear program. In a post-oil Iran-Saudi showdown, it will be with fewer allies.

Last edited by a moderator:

salute

RIP. So I guess FBI will be involved in the investigation as the blogger was a US citizen?

Bangla Mu***** are no different than Paki Mu*****. They need to be culled before could rise against the Hindus and Sikhs of India. #IBelieveInDoval
fbi cannot do anything, thats just brand name outside america.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
I am a Hindu living in India, so I have a moral obligation to be critical of Indian/hindu society and cultural issues. But I have no right to comment on a country or religion to which I don't belong. The liberals in that country/community should do that. We get angry when a foreigner interferes in our affairs, right? So how can we interfere in theirs?
1. No one believes that you are an Indian Hindu.
2. You have not provided constructive criticism of Indian/Hindu cultural issues, you have constantly denigrated Hindu society while simultaneously painting Muslim society as flawless. All I need to do is quote some of your old posts and threads.
3. Muslims are part of Indian society. Criticizing aspects of Indian Muslim society is something that we are obliged to do, as Indians (if it affects the larger national society).
4. Bangladeshi affairs may not directly be our concern, but we need to keep an eagle eye on them and watch out. They come in hordes and spawn their litter here. It is no joke, the way they have altered demographics in the North-East. That definitely gives us the right to monitor, observe and draw lessons from their nation, and take corrective/preventive action if necessary.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
They are not Ukraine or Libya or Syria, Their borders are with us and so our Concern ..

I wonder so much discussion on some foreign country, But real thread is being ignored here ..

It is no joke, the way they have altered demographics in the North-East. That definitely gives us the right to monitor, observe and draw lessons from their nation, and take corrective/preventive action if necessary.

tramp

Same affliction as Pakistan and to a minor extent India... Jamaat e Islami.

I thought Bangladesh was supposed to be a secular and tolerant place compared to Pakistan. What happened? It turns out Bangladesh is still the violent, corrupt hellhole it's always been. It's interesting how that works.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
I follow a policy of non-interference. If school shooting is increasing in America, that's up to the Americans, especially schools, parents, etc. to take note and do something. As an Indian, I have no business commenting on local issues occurring in some distant place, since only people living there will be better acquainted with those issues. Just an example to show why interference never works, since the person interfering has no clue what's going on. He is not part of that society, so he doesn't know the issues specifically affecting that society.

Each society is unique and should deal with the problems internally without seeking external interference. Muslim liberals should deal with the fanatics in their society. As a Hindu, I dont have to break my head over that. A Muslim, likewise, has no business commenting on the caste system in Hindu society - the Hindu liberals should take care of that. It is not the Muslim's job. Or anybody else's.

So bottom line, no interference. Only internal reforms. This means we should be self-critical and this could come across as being anti this or anti that.

Peace.
Sure sure - only snag is that fanaticism in Muslim society, or even in Bangladesh, actually affects me (and all other Hindus) very tangibly. School shootings in the US don't.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
RIP

A very sad news. He made a big mistake by going back to Bangladesh.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Here is what some people on Facebook are claiming to be the killer.

This is Farabi Shafiur Rahman (https://www.facebook.com/shafiur2012). He killed Avijit Roy.

Farabi Shafiur Rahman has been giving death threats to Avijit Roy quite openly for over a year - in mails, social media and other forums.

"Avijit Roy lives in America. So it's not possible to kill him now. He will be killed as soon as he returns home," threatened Farabi in 2014.

In the same year, online bookstore Rokomari.com stopped selling Avijit's books after Farabi Shafiur Rahman issued death threats on Facebook to the website's owner.

In 2013, Farabi was arrested for threatening an Imam with death for administering a burial ceremony for slain blogger Ahmed Rajib Haider.

However, Farabi got temporary bail in a case filed against him on August 21, 2013, under the ICT act and attempt to murder case.

He is now absconding. Bangladesh intelligence suspects he might have moved to India.
Fanatic Farabi threatened to kill Avijit | Dhaka Tribune

Note: There has been no official confirmation of the killers.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
I salute this man for having more courage then me ....
I laugh at him for having less brains. :lol:
perhaps the two are related.

sydsnyper

Country flag
With these butchers, you do not need to be 'anti-their view', you dont have to be an athiest, or a vehement supporter of the opposite site..... all you need to be to deserve a good slashing of body parts is say something they find offensive.

We see such attacks as against those who made anti-islamism a career (the likes of rushdie, charlie hebdo staff... etc), but even here in India people have been killed for a merely different view. I can quote two examples from Kerala (which, by the way is competing with pakistan in terms of jihadism)...

In the 90s' a maulana was kidnapped and killed for suggesting that the koran in Kerala should be written and quoted in Malayalam

A muslim boy who wished to learn Kathakali (the colorful, costumed traditional dance from Kerala, which usually is based on stories of Ramayan and Mahabharat), and defied the orders of his mulla, was killed and his family home burnt down, because it is anti-islamic.

So to put this killing in perspective, I could get killed in bangladesh or even the jihadi parts of this country if one mulla among the millions find at least one of my posts objectionable....

I salute this man for having more courage then me ....
I laugh at him for having less brains. :lol:
perhaps the two are related.

Kay

Country flag
@Rowdy
Its less about brains, more about risk and sacrifice. He knew of the dangers.

Kay

Country flag
The question is - how would you fight this?

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
With these butchers, you do not need to be 'anti-their view', you dont have to be an athiest, or a vehement supporter of the opposite site..... all you need to be to deserve a good slashing of body parts is say something they find offensive.

We see such attacks as against those who made anti-islamism a career (the likes of rushdie, charlie hebdo staff... etc), but even here in India people have been killed for a merely different view. I can quote two examples from Kerala (which, by the way is competing with pakistan in terms of jihadism)...

In the 90s' a maulana was kidnapped and killed for suggesting that the koran in Kerala should be written and quoted in Malayalam

A muslim boy who wished to learn Kathakali (the colorful, costumed traditional dance from Kerala, which usually is based on stories of Ramayan and Mahabharat), and defied the orders of his mulla, was killed and his family home burnt down, because it is anti-islamic.

So to put this killing in perspective, I could get killed in bangladesh or even the jihadi parts of this country if one mulla among the millions find at least one of my posts objectionable....

@Rowdy
Its less about brains, more about risk and sacrifice. He knew of the dangers.
I agree 100% with both of you .... it's a good policy to keep your head low when it comes to Islam and Muslims ... I do so .... Just spout some bullshit like no religion teaches violence and all religions are same... and a few curses to RSS etc. Basically just recite a few tweets from the tweet digest thread. :lol: In India , it is enough to be safe :cool: but no guarantees.
tl;dr : Just act like a p***y .... It helps to look skinny and non threatening ... which I do look :) . And ofcourse sell all your fixed assets and GTFO. move to Guj/MP ... only two proper right wing states.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
The question is - how would you fight this?
Ummm...you don't .... :lol:
The response has to come from muslims them selves ... just like christinity ended their blood lust as soon as the average christian stoped giving them political power(in places they do have political power like Uganda, they are on a killing spree) , so to will muslims stop when they will lose political power. Not gonna happen till a significant blood is shed...both kafir and non-kafir....Only solution ... move to places with low/non existent muslim population.

Khagesh

I agree 100% with both of you .... it's a good policy to keep your head low when it comes to Islam and Muslims ... I do so .... Just spout some bullshit like no religion teaches violence and all religions are same... and a few curses to RSS etc. Basically just recite a few tweets from the tweet digest thread. :lol: In India , it is enough to be safe :cool: but no guarantees.
tl;dr : Just act like a p***y .... It helps to look skinny and non threatening ... which I do look :) . And ofcourse sell all your fixed assets and GTFO. move to Guj/MP ... only two proper right wing states.
:rofl:

Devastatingly funny comment. thanks.

You never know you can find great bak_,.d talent on the net at any turn.

Oh nearly forgot to mention. May these terros are boiled alive in hell.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
:rofl:

Devastatingly funny comment. thanks.
:lol: in IIT i used to do Bak***di all day :D

anyway I have seen conservatization and proselytisation of Muzzies @ national institutes ..... lol their GPA sinks and they go to attend weekend jamaats (overnight stays) , grow beards and get rejected from job interviews (at least get no client facing jobs :p )
The few modern muslims that were on campus used to avoid this gang :lol: ... they even tried to preach to me which I listened and handled exactly as I typed in that comment :lol: ...... Ohh I have so many stories.

TL;DR $**t is tested .

Khagesh

With young men like you we have hope.

I always say, if you serious about completing the friggin job, you got to enjoy doing it. Else its not gonna happen, ever. :thumb:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles