Beautiful Indian Temples - Feats of architecture

AUSTERLITZ

Country flag
The quality of our sculptures are very substandard,the hanuman statue being a prominent example - we have not invested in more modern sculpting techniques,proportions are often bad,still using just chisels.We cant even recreate the level of excellence in say the hoysala temples.The granite temples built are not polished(recent example the new yadadrigutta which is magnificient otheriwise).We are a culture of colour,but our architecture somehow lacks colour(not dravidian style) which I find odd.We are also stuck with just the traditional building styles,we should incorporate using metal,wall paintings in the gupta-ajanta-pala style.We should also use glass,metal and stone inlays in our architecture more.

indiatester

Country flag
The quality of our sculptures are very substandard,the hanuman statue being a prominent example - we have not invested in more modern sculpting techniques,proportions are often bad,still using just chisels.We cant even recreate the level of excellence in say the hoysala temples.The granite temples built are not polished(recent example the new yadadrigutta which is magnificient otheriwise).We are a culture of colour,but our architecture somehow lacks colour(not dravidian style) which I find odd.We are also stuck with just the traditional building styles,we should incorporate using metal,wall paintings in the gupta-ajanta-pala style.We should also use glass,metal and stone inlays in our architecture more.
which Hanuman statue are you commenting about?
Also are you commenting about sculptures from the current day temples?

AUSTERLITZ

Country flag
which Hanuman statue are you commenting about?
Also are you commenting about sculptures from the current day temples?
Yes modern day sculptures in temples are generic and unimpressive.There's no finesse or bhava.
The hanuman statue is the one posted in the last page,poor quality sculpture,compare it with european sculptures.Just google tallest hanuman statues and search images,each one is average to low class in technical perfection.
Now image search garuda wisnu statue in Bali.Thats world class.We are a culture of mediocrity in architecture,no innovation,static and lacking technical quality and finishing.
Look at the shoddy quality of the bas-reliefs in the jalianwalabag memorial,even 3000 year old assyrian sculpture bas-reliefs in the ruins of nineveh were far better.Just image search them.
You are never going to have a 'renaissance' with such standards.

indiatester

Country flag
Yes modern day sculptures in temples are generic and unimpressive.There's no finesse or bhava.
The hanuman statue is the one posted in the last page,poor quality sculpture,compare it with european sculptures.Just google tallest hanuman statues and search images,each one is average to low class in technical perfection.
Now image search garuda wisnu statue in Bali.Thats world class.We are a culture of mediocrity in architecture,no innovation,static and lacking technical quality and finishing.
Look at the shoddy quality of the bas-reliefs in the jalianwalabag memorial,even 3000 year old assyrian sculpture bas-reliefs in the ruins of nineveh were far better.Just image search them.
You are never going to have a 'renaissance' with such standards.
Yeah... Some do it as a masonry job.

Some new temples I have seen in Bangalore are pretty though.
I'll post them when I visit them.

Vikram314

Country flag
So wanted to share something positive in all this chaos.
So we have a lord shiva statue in sursagar lake in Vadodara. Statue is 120 feet tall and has been Vadodara's main attraction. That statue is getting a gold plating. So it will be a delight to see it. The work has started.

For reference the statue looks like this now.
View attachment 141027

after gold plating(artistic representation)
View attachment 141028

will share new pictures when I visit there.
Gold plating completed. 17.5 Kg gold used. Har har Mahadev.

FpJaIZ7aAAAYb1s.jpg

FpEh-ilX0AEFFXS.jpg

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
1676955195933.png

This is a school near my home in Amadavad. Isn't it difficult to imagine that this is a school? School has many horses, Gaushala, Hospital, huge farming land and lot more. One chinese was messing with me on School of China vs India. I posted this phot which made him my friend.

Blademaster

View attachment 194543

This is a school near my home in Amadavad. Isn't it difficult to imagine that this is a school? School has many horses, Gaushala, Hospital, huge farming land and lot more. One chinese was messing with me on School of China vs India. I posted this phot which made him my friend.
Is this a real photo? It looks like animated or a digital render.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles