Beautiful Indian Temples - Feats of architecture

Varoon2

Country flag
Ellora is particularly astonishing. What is the accepted theory as to how it was created? Was it just hammer and chisel, hammer and chisel over the course of months, years, centuries? It's hard to fathom.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Ellora is particularly astonishing. What is the accepted theory as to how it was created? Was it just hammer and chisel, hammer and chisel over the course of months, years, centuries? It's hard to fathom.
Rock cut architecture
Indians practically pioneered this technique
But the seperate idols are made seperately

On a different note:
This thread always gives me the chills

But also a heavy heart, 40,000 such magnificent heritage sites were lost in the reign of Aurangayzeb alone,
Oh what we have lost

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Rock cut architecture
Indians practically pioneered this technique
But the seperate idols are made seperately

On a different note:
This thread always gives me the chills

But also a heavy heart, 40,000 such magnificent heritage sites were lost in the reign of Aurangayzeb alone,
Oh what we have lost
Thats why i dont visit this thread often , it gives me a strange fear or say anxiety about what you just said.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
It is said some 2 or 3 centuries took to make it
Was started by a king called dantidurg .
Thats all i remember from when I went there

Cheran

Country flag
Ancient temple unearthed in UP:

Uttar Pradesh: ASI team unearths remains of 1500-year-old temple from Gupta era with inscriptions in Shankhalipi script

The temple was discovered during routine clean-up operations when ASI decided to excavate around two half-buried pillars

1631288610119.png

1631288624128.png

Vamsi

Country flag
Hmm, Gods are reclaiming , since past 1 year we can see many statues unearthed and I think this will continue
Don't know where to post hence posting here.....last week alone so many statues were unearthed and our PM bought our antiques back and today Bhagawan Shri Ram's statue was found.....this trend is increasing as we move forward....Gods are reclaiming

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles