BBC Documentary on Women Safety in India

praneet.bajpaie

I don't want to see it. I am just asking whether anyone (Indian please) else has seen it? Does it have everything we expect such "documentaries" to have?

Maybe BBC should make a documentary about Rapes In Britain. They with their 50 million population have more number of rapes then India with a population of 1.25 Billion

Compersion

Country flag
Any documentary on how and why there are Women gods in India and compare it to the other leading religions and regions of the world.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
I don't want to see it. I am just asking whether anyone (Indian please) else has seen it? Does it have everything we expect such "documentaries" to have? Maybe BBC should make a documentary about Rapes In Britain. They with their 50 million population have more number of rapes then India with a population of 1.25 Billion
Agree totally !

It has been taken off the bbc website and also off the youtube where it originally came from .

It might well be one that ive seen before, judging from the bbc website description that it is about a british-asian
lady's visit to india to "checkout the truth on the matter"

If it is , then nothing sensational - that particular one didn't say anything unreasonable or fantastic
just.the usual - infanticide of female foetuses, girls dumped in orphanages for being female and
some mild molestation cases dragging on in the system for local girls but fast-tracked for foreign tourists.

My suggestion: we need to improve and give them NOTHING to talk about in future !

Last edited:

praneet.bajpaie

Agree totally !

It has been taken off the bbc website and also off the youtube where it originally came from .

It might well be one that ive seen before, judging from the bbc description that it is about a british-asian
lady's visit to india to "checkout the truth on the matter"

If it is , then nothing sensational - that particular one didn't say anything unreasonable or fantastic
just.the usual - infanticide of female foetuses, girls dumped in orphanages for being female and
some mild molestation cases dragging on in the system for local girls but fast-tracked for foreign tourists.

My suggestion: we need to improve and give them NOTHING to talk about in future !
Yes we need to improve ASAP regarding this matter.

Blackwater

I don't want to see it. I am just asking whether anyone (Indian please) else has seen it? Does it have everything we expect such "documentaries" to have?

Maybe BBC should make a documentary about Rapes In Britain. They with their 50 million population have more number of rapes then India with a population of 1.25 Billion
Hi cool down mate. Western media always interested in rapes,poverty and slums in India, nothing new, it's their bread earner

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

Britain is not safe for women and heck not even safe for men...see below shocking news... 12% rapes in UK are against men.

Over 72,000 men found to be raped in UK every year

Rape Crisis in England and Wales

Women's Day 2014: Do you think only women in third world nations get harassed?

International Women's Day 2014: Every Second Woman in EU Sexually Harassed

Almost 1 in 5 women in US have been raped or sexually abused, study finds

Last edited:

Glint

Country flag
People:-

Women gets raped = Everybody loses their mind.

Man gets raped = "Ha, men couldn't be raped" .

Double standards is a common thing in society.
Rape is Rape, The Victim should be treated equally

praneet.bajpaie

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Why should I? If they can show the EVILS of India, we have a moral duty to show their EVILS too.
They have tried their best to hide serious rape problems at home but quick to point fingers to India. :rolleyes:

Here they say it happens due to "sexually deprived society" but in their "sexually liberal" countries rapes happens even more. :rolleyes:

The rape news don't flash up in media as THEY flash rape news from india all over media. They are quite used to rapes in their own countries and don't think to be flashed all over anymore.

sam80

Guys We all know how racist these white people are , They like to draw Poverty , filth , rape , Uncivilized = India . Oscar to SlumdogM was ideal example of open racism that movie had nothing great for oscar but it filled with Indian filth and white skin director thats it .

we need to keep them at bay they are no friends of India.

sam80

Our own media people are dumbest people on earth , Enemy within ................

fyodor

Country flag
Here is an example of a "sexually liberal" country aka America...

Grandmother and grandson to have child together in America

buddy it ain't got anything to do with liberalness, it would have been if such things were the norm but it is a rarest of rare case and you can find such things in every country including india.

in india we need more liberalness , thats the only way the womanfolk in india will be able to live freely otherwise you can see what happens in pakistan or afghanistan

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
buddy it ain't got anything to do with liberalness, it would have been if such things were the norm but it is a rarest of rare case and you can find such things in every country including india.

in india we need more liberalness , thats the only way the womanfolk in india will be able to live freely otherwise you can see what happens in pakistan or afghanistan

The problem of Pak and Afghanistan is not burqa or less access to public places but some inequal laws which compel a woman to keep quiet even if she is raped. In Pakistan, thousands of innocent women are rotting in jails because they reported their rapes and since could not prove that( you need 4 witnessses) , they were charged with adultery and fornication and now are in jails.
India does not have such laws and so I am not much concerned with liberty or no liberty. There will be always some beasts who would rape some women, we have to be disgusted, punish them but at end of day being practical minded should know that it is normal for any society to produce few rapists out of 1 million people. The reason why rapes are highlighted in India are
1. India is strictly patriarchal and so honour of women is prized making rape an extraordinary event
2. Relative absence of rapes in India so even little number of cases are reported. This is just like how we know of some shootings in USA where few people are killed but not about Syria where scores of people are being killed daily.
3. Biased media both foreign and domestic
A foreign lady once was amazed how incidents like gangrape could capture attention of country at large when dozens of such cases are there in every major city of world.

We can minimize rapes but thousands of rapists will always be there in a country of one billion people.

praneet.bajpaie

Then rape a gori in India 😜😜😜
Waay over the line on this one BW. SO if you want to play dirty, so can I?

People like you might find it a thrill to rape tourists, I don't. So be a good boy and do whatever you think fit.

Blackwater

Waay over the line on this one BW. SO if you want to play dirty, so can I?

People like you might find it a thrill to rape tourists, I don't. So be a good boy and do whatever you think fit.
U failed the sarcasm in my thought

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles