Bangladesh hangs Chowdhury and Mujahid over 1971 war crimes

rockey 71

1. Most people in BD, including me, had wanted to eliminate the culprits just after the war when the iron was hot. That's what the French nation had done after WW II. However, Indians had prevented this. They protected the surrendering Pakistanis which included some local collaborators. Indians went to the extent of allowing these people to carry personal weapons. We soon discovered the bonhomie that exists between Pakistanis and North Indians. This really disgusted us.
2. We had selected 195 PA officers to face trial for what they did in BD. The trials were to follow Nuremberg and Tokyo models.For this purpose relevant international agencies were contacted and instructions were issued to appointed prosecutors and BD military officers. Their prison cells were prepared. Again India frustrated our efforts by refusing to hand over these POWs to us - and by eventually allowing them to go back home to a heroes welcome.
3. SAQA, Mujahid, Ghulam Azam and the whole lot are war criminals, except slain Qader Molla and Maulna Sayedee. These two frightens BAL/SHW for their popularity and organizational skill. Now consider this carefully.
a.None of the judges have been fair. All are BAL appointed.
b. The Hindu Chief Justice is openly communal and well-known on this account. Lawyers say he has been appointed to please Delhi and local Hindu vote bank. Under normal circumstances he would be the next Chief Adviser (ie, head of govt) under the caretaker/interim govt holding elections.
c. There has been serious criticism in the reference, setting up, appointments of judges and prosecutors and the manner of trials. It was a shameful spectacle.
d. Not a single accused could be convicted with sufficient proof required in the Evidence Act.
e. Had it been a sincere effort under a Sharia Court then of course these guys could have been beheaded legally. But under the constrains of the Common English Law, none could be found guilty.
4. Obviously BAL/SHW is playing politics here and playing to their supporting lobby in Delhi. Through these sham trials the BD society is being polarized and further isolated from its Umbilical Chord, the Ummah. Otherwise getting them killed in encounters would not have bothered many.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
1. Most people in BD, including me, had wanted to eliminate the culprits just after the war when the iron was hot. That's what the French nation had done after WW II. However, Indians had prevented this. They protected the surrendering Pakistanis which included some local collaborators. Indians went to the extent of allowing these people to carry personal weapons. We soon discovered the bonhomie that exists between Pakistanis and North Indians. This really disgusted us.
2. We had selected 195 PA officers to face trial for what they did in BD. The trials were to follow Nuremberg and Tokyo models.For this purpose relevant international agencies were contacted and instructions were issued to appointed prosecutors and BD military officers. Their prison cells were prepared. Again India frustrated our efforts by refusing to hand over these POWs to us - and by eventually allowing them to go back home to a heroes welcome.
3. SAQA, Mujahid, Ghulam Azam and the whole lot are war criminals, except slain Qader Molla and Maulna Sayedee. These two frightens BAL/SHW for their popularity and organizational skill. Now consider this carefully.
a.None of the judges have been fair. All are BAL appointed.
b. The Hindu Chief Justice is openly communal and well-known on this account. Lawyers say he has been appointed to please Delhi and local Hindu vote bank. Under normal circumstances he would be the next Chief Adviser (ie, head of govt) under the caretaker/interim govt holding elections.
c. There has been serious criticism in the reference, setting up, appointments of judges and prosecutors and the manner of trials. It was a shameful spectacle.
d. Not a single accused could be convicted with sufficient proof required in the Evidence Act.
e. Had it been a sincere effort under a Sharia Court then of course these guys could have been beheaded legally. But under the constrains of the Common English Law, none could be found guilty.
4. Obviously BAL/SHW is playing politics here and playing to their supporting lobby in Delhi. Through these sham trials the BD society is being polarized and further isolated from its Umbilical Chord, the Ummah. Otherwise getting them killed in encounters would not have bothered many.
So a communal Hindu judge helped deliver a judgement only possible with sincere effort under a Sharia Court.

avknight1408

Country flag
'Despite being a woman' hasina has more guts than most indian politicians.

bose

Country flag
India has to do whatever is in her interests. India has no moral obligation to do anything for Bangladesh in this sort of way in the same way it has no moral obligation to Colombia, Senegal or Mongolia. India should do whatever is best for her. I am merely saying my suggestion is a win-win for both India and BD, and is basically free.
I will respectfully disagree with you, too much emphasis on self interest will not be helpful rather both of them have to stay as neighbors and help each other out in time of crisis...

See what is happening in Nepal nowadays, Indians was first to reach them when they had the terrible earthquake and the massive lifting of food and material for them but still you find people finding fault with India ...

I happened to meet some Bangladeshis in foreign trips, I was somewhat surprised to find hostilities in them [ I am not saying all of them], do Bangladeshis know the same poor India then 71 was hosting 10 million people when its own economic situation was terrible...

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
I was looking at the ugly horrendous faces of all these cheap converted mullahs.....no doubt Bangladesh hung them from poles for their treachery, genocidal and rape activities! Good Job!! :)

rockey 71

I was looking at the ugly horrendous faces of all these cheap converted mullahs.....no doubt Bangladesh hung them from poles for their treachery, genocidal and rape activities! Good Job!! :)

1.So far no mullah has been hung and no mulla is in the dock. SAQA was an western educated barrister whose father had been Acting President of Pakistan, and constitutionally he should have been the President after Ayub resigned. But it was a coup.
2. Hanged Qadir Molla was not a mullah although that was his family name. He and Mujahid were highly educated.
3. This I m saying not to defend anyone, but to remove misgivings that only mullahs had committed war crimes. When the subsequent war criminals are brought up for trial you will find that not one of them was/is a mullah It would be just like calling Maulana Azada or Dr Zakir Husain or even Owesi mullah.

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
I will respectfully disagree with you, too much emphasis on self interest will not be helpful rather both of them have to stay as neighbors and help each other out in time of crisis...

See what is happening in Nepal nowadays, Indians was first to reach them when they had the terrible earthquake and the massive lifting of food and material for them but still you find people finding fault with India ...

I happened to meet some Bangladeshis in foreign trips, I was somewhat surprised to find hostilities in them [ I am not saying all of them], do Bangladeshis know the same poor India then 71 was hosting 10 million people when its own economic situation was terrible...
Fair enough.

I think Bangladesh is doing well in the fight against Pakistani-backed terrorism and economic growth is an important part of this. Economic development is fundamentally important in of itself, but in addition it helps to stabilize the country and weaken the allure of radicals.

At the current rate in 10 years time, it will be 50 years since Bangladesh defeated Pakistan and won its freedom and two generations will have known nothing but Bangladesh and be more embedded in Bangladeshi nationalism. I believe that patriotic Bangladeshis like myself and actual organisations must educate Bangladeshi society about the Pakistani agenda of causing tension and hostility between Bangladesh and India for the benefit of Pakistan thus hampering our mutual (Bangla-Indian) struggle to eradicate poverty.

Hopefully in a few years time Pakistan will cease to exist and Balochistan and Sindh will have won their freedom too.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
@Bengal_Tiger :lol: you are busy asking Indians to intervene when your fellow Bangladeshis like @rockey71 are jamaatis sprouting islamist bs here. Seriously dude, India can do jack without your countrymen getting their act together

rockey 71

@Bengal_Tiger :lol: you are busy asking Indians to intervene when your fellow Bangladeshis like @rockey71 are jamaatis sprouting islamist bs here. Seriously dude, India can do jack without your countrymen getting their act together

And you are a Sangh Parivar brain washed!!!

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
think Bangladesh is doing well in the fight against Pakistani-backed terrorism and economic growth is an important part of this. Economic development is fundamentally important in of itself, but in addition it helps to stabilize the country and weaken the allure of radicals.
If that's true, UK , France , Sweden etc won't be islamic hotbeds

The fight requires fight against islamists. Economics can do jack here

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles