Bangladesh Armed Forces-Pictures & Videos

black eagle

Country flag
Bangladesh Biman Bahini (Bangladesh Air Force)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
However in a crowded country like ours, how many people like me especially from relevant authorities take notice? I doubt anyone else.
Even if they do, they won't do anything.

Bangladeshis come cheap. Check the labour force and maid servants in Delhi. Note: All will have Hindu names.

Most of us put our interest first and then that of the Nation, if indeed we do!

Pakistani Nationalist

Why MiG-21? That's not even ours. I think Tejas would be a good option but it is unlikely that anything Indian would be bought under pressure from Opposition. Besides, Tejas @ $ 21-24 million apiece is expensive for BAF to buy as compared to the Chinese FC-1 which can go as low as $ 12-15 million if purchased en masse. Besides, Bangladesh already buys weapons from China due to its good manufacturing skills and cost effectiveness. Indian weapons may not be on cards.

Maybe Dhruv unarmed version for light transport and surveillance; but certainly not offensive weapons.
Sorry bro... dnt know abt FC-1 but JF-17 is around 25-30 million dollars a pop!As per the recent report of the 50 more ordered to PAF.

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Can someone please tell me what is the major threat BD Army faces to Arm itself at the cost of the bread and butter ? I do not think they need that sophisticated machinary to quell Paramilitary or police uprising or to ensure regime continuety. Unless the BD Army will participate with IA to revenge 71 or stop Chinese damming Bramhaputra. From Myanmar, Bhutan, Nepal and India they have No threat except in imagination.

This equipment is also not required for UN missions. I think India and BD can enter into a defence agreement that their Armies will help each other in case any one of the two countries are attacked or their mutual interests are effected. That would be ideal for the socio economic develoment of thse countries.

Dinku

Think sovereign country need show might.

No show. What country?

Today no threat. Tomorrow threat. Then?

Be ready.

Bangladesh police no good. Need army stop bad men not want government.

Army double work.

Bangladesh use Army before.

Bangladesh require.

Here picture. Bad men mit sugar cane. Want do nonsense.

No police stop.

Army require.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Can someone please tell me what is the major threat BD Army faces to Arm itself at the cost of the bread and butter ? I do not think they need that sophisticated machinary to quell Paramilitary or police uprising or to ensure regime continuety. Unless the BD Army will participate with IA to revenge 71 or stop Chinese damming Bramhaputra. From Myanmar, Bhutan, Nepal and India they have No threat except in imagination.

This equipment is also not required for UN missions. I think India and BD can enter into a defence agreement that their Armies will help each other in case any one of the two countries are attacked or their mutual interests are effected. That would be ideal for the socio economic develoment of thse countries.
They recently got 48 MBT-2000 from PRC, They would never show any military might in-front of us, But Burma..

mki

I think you are right..... because of india bangladesh have their freedom..... If indian army haven't fought alongside of muktibhimani, pakistan still have control on them..... apart from this bangladesh is landlocked by india and we are not interested to occupy them. India is quite satisfy with its existing borders. India should make a pact with BD for non aggregation and assured the security of bangladesh like Maldives.... Then their will be no need for them to buy costly and advance weapon systems. and india will get peace in once sector of its border....

Jai hind.

pmaitra

Think sovereign country need show might.

No show. What country?

Today no threat. Tomorrow threat. Then?

Be ready.

Bangladesh police no good. Need army stop bad men not want government.

Army double work.

Bangladesh use Army before.

Bangladesh require.

Here picture. Bad men mit sugar cane. Want do nonsense.

No police stop.

Army require.
That ain't no sugarcane bud! That's called bamboo! :)

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Is that BD army with their latest home developed weapons? If nothing else, looks GREEN!
:D

As for me, I don't mind if they want to spend some of their hard earned Taka for military hardware. I would like it if GOI can sell them some of our old/ retiring stuff - maybe the Mig-21Bis can be sold to BD as the LCA comes in to replace them. Some of our Cheetah ad Chetak Helos as the LCH replaces them? Some old T-72s and BMP-1s? How about INS Vikrant being "leased" to them now to be replaced with INS Viraat by 2018?
The possibilities are myriad - all GOI needs is a good salesman and some guy with cool powerpoint skills.

:D

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Sorry bro... dnt know abt FC-1 but JF-17 is around 25-30 million dollars a pop!As per the recent report of the 50 more ordered to PAF.
Sorry I got these figures from PDF someone quoted me the price. Even Wiki is saying something like that. Hence I said so. So what is the total number right now for PAF on JF-17? 250 or 300?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles