Ban Indian films, says Pak daily

Iamanidiot

fucking do it fast.Nobody in India is bothered about Pakis watching Indian films

p2prada

They don't have the power to watch it anyway.

At least the power used will be utilized in a more critical area like the industry.

johnee

Its all pirated stuff right?!! So, no loss to Bollywood even if banned. There is too much noise and little action on this issue. I suspect that these same guys go back home and watch the Bolly stuff, while their women folk fawn on hindi serials and their kids are hooked to Chota Bhim or Bal Ganesh. In short, this is all hypocrisy and they dont have the guts to ban it.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
If they ban it, the films will become even more popular as people will use underhand tactics to get hold of them, further crushing lulliwood or whatever they call their industry. :lol:

Param

If they ban it, the films will become even more popular as people will use underhand tactics to get hold of them, further crushing lulliwood or whatever they call their industry. :lol:
:pound::pound:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Another riot, perhaps, these guys are pros at rioting.

SPIEZ

Country flag
[;ease go ahead and ban them. We are not making movies for pakki's

agentperry

there cinema halls who were at the brink of getting auctioned earned money to get themselves a healthy renovation. moreover i dont think it is will effect anything on ground Indian films were banned for decades but the bolly knowledge of pakis is at par with Indian.
there directors cant please there audience and the actors are also performing well then its not bolly fault. protectionism dont lead an industry to anywhere esp one related to leisure and entertainment.

SixSigma1978

How many times this has been tried before?
They can't uplift their lousy film industry - the only recourse is ban Indian movies.

its like a broken record
"BAN INDIAN MOVIES"
then a year later
"GOVT RECONSIDERS MOVE to SELECTIVELY ALLOW INDIAN MOVIES"
then a year later
"BAN INDIAN MOVIES"
Ad Infinitum!!!

Galaxy

Country flag
'Pakistani films are cheap copies of Indian movies'

'Pakistani films are cheap copies of Indian movies' :lol:

Oct 8, 2011

Based in Karachi, Pakistani director Faisal Aman Khan, whose movie on Imran Khan titled 'Kaptaan' is already created ripples, talks about the debate on banning Indian movies in Pakistan

What is your take on the recent debate over banning of Indian movies in Pakistan?

I have been seeing this debate on local television channels about banning Indian movies. Initially, I thought that they were right in pointing out that Indian films are being allowed to be showcased in Pakistan whereas Pakistani filmmakers were being denied the right to showcase their movies to be shown within their own country. But when I watched the movies made by these filmmakers of ours, I realized there was nothing Pakistani about those films. They were all cheap copies of Indian movies. We had talented filmmakers in the past but that is the problem. We live in the past to glorify ourselves with the achievements made by our forefathers. There is no doubt that there is enormous talent in our country and talent should be tested by pitching it against competition not by playing a cricket match alone. The sort of movies being made by our filmmakers is a disgrace. Very rarely does the educated class go out to watch the movies made by the traditional lot. When a film like "Zar Gul" is banned in Pakistan and "The Blood of Hussain" along with "Immaculate Conception" made by intelligent people like Salman Pirzada and Jamil Dehlavi respectively just because they had political themes or were against the Armed establishment of the country. Remember "Junoon" was banned by the successive regimes of Benazir Bhutto and Nawaz Sharif? The kind of cinema to come out of Pakistan is what you see today where "Haseena Atom Bomb" sort of movies dominate the screen. It's not just movies, it's the same with music.

But what about movies like "Khuda Key Liye", "Ramchand Pakistani" and "Bol"?

As a Pakistani and a filmmaker, I might not agree with a lot of things shown in those movies. But everyone should have the right to express themselves and what better way than to use films as a medium?

What do you have to say about this thing about India's cultural invasion?

With all due respect, we have already lost the battle but to win the war for the hearts and minds of our own people, we should come up with quality stuff and enlighten, entertain and educate the masses through media. That should be the policy followed by filmmakers. Sadly, I don't see that happening which makes me sadly admit the fact as rightly put forward by one of India's ex prime minister that "We have invaded Pakistan culturally". Yes, India has done it already but my question is to my fellow media professionals and Pakistanis generally. Would you stop watching Indian movies if they were not being shown in cinemas? No, you won't because it's human nature. It is curious to see and experience things on their own. So, let them do it. But we should come out with quality stuff of our own to be distinctive and should carry our own image. Cinema owners of Pakistan should give Pakistani filmmakers the right platform and a level playing field by giving as much promotion to the Pakistani movies as they do to promote Indian movies because it's just an excuse people use because they are afraid that they might have to change the way they are.

'Pakistani films are cheap copies of Indian movies' - The Times of India

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles