Balasore Train Accident Jun 2023

another_armchair

Country flag
I never mentioned the word "unreserved" while stating the overcrowding of Coromandel Express...but thanks for pointing this out, it was a mistake on my part, now I'll rephrase it in a better manner

The reserved coaches of Coromandel Express were overcrowded with people travelling on general tickets and even WT; because you mentioned the "A/C me bina confirmation ke entry mana hai" law...but sadly it's enforced only on Gucci trains, not in "general trains" (again before you jump in saying there isn't reservation in general, by general I mean normal train not Rajdhanis).
My bad. A thousand apologies saar.

We all know the state of train travel during this season so it wasn't surprising at all that the 3-tier non-ac reserved coach was also crowded beyond capacity. Side berths are always 2+1 because of RAC.

Add groups of people traveling together scattered over different coaches moving about.

Bihar-UP section mein kaun sa rule, kahe ka rule.. sab samjha denge.

Most times in other non-gucci a/c 3 tier coaches, people are not allowed inside the coach. They are allowed to stand near the toilet if they hold a valid a/c ticket but not inside the train unless they are railway staff or the coach is empty. Non-ac ticket holders are simply asked to move to that respective section.. the TT's are quite strict while enforcing this.

jai jaganath

Country flag
I never mentioned the word "unreserved" while stating the overcrowding of Coromandel Express...but thanks for pointing this out, it was a mistake on my part, now I'll rephrase it in a better manner

The reserved coaches of Coromandel Express were overcrowded with people travelling on general tickets and even WT; because you mentioned the "A/C me bina confirmation ke entry mana hai" law...but sadly it's enforced only on Gucci trains, not in "general trains" (again before you jump in saying there isn't reservation in general, by general I mean normal train not Rajdhanis).
U mean this happening in AC tier 2 and tier 3 ???

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
This is a bihar thing I think.
Used to travel from bengal to bihar never encountered any RAC or anything in 3rd AC.
Same thing in Bengal to Andhra and odisha.
It's a bihar route thing.

Ex-Bihari
Since 15th of November, 2000
Ab ap kaha ke wasi he
Delhi?

Lonewarrior

Country flag
I haven't traveled through trains past 2-3 years
But before that 70% of my tain travel was through Coromandel Express
I was young but never experienced it although in tier 2 mostly
In this belt of Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, bits of West Bengal, Orissa and Chattisgarh...at night everything becomes general. Except for chair cars...coz obviously they can't arjust in individual chairs, you'd find general and WT passengers in all coaches.

In other areas the crowd is lesser in AC coaches but in sleeper it's same

jai jaganath

Country flag
In this belt of Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, bits of West Bengal, Orissa and Chattisgarh...at night everything becomes general. Except for chair cars...coz obviously they can't arjust in individual chairs, you'd find general and WT passengers in all coaches.

In other areas the crowd is lesser in AC coaches but in sleeper it's same
I thought situation would be same to 2-3 years ago
Bcoz that time in coromandel there was no such issue
And our travel was for 1half or 2 days approx
Other members may share their experiences

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
U mean this happening in AC tier 2 and tier 3 ???
In some railway divisions RPF cover is strong and people follow rules. For example on North-South routes, trains emanating from Delhi have strict protection levels. No one without a confirm ticket can jump into AC coaches. The TTs are also well equipped and sometimes carry Tablets to check tickets. I recently travelled in Agra-Ahmedabad train where people of unreserved compartments usually labourers forcefully jumped into AC coaches. The passengers pulled chain and refused to allow train to leave station till police came in and flushed out all unwanted people. But trains traveling towards Eastern routes are poorly managed and due to heavy population pressure the rules are not enforced. If such thing happened on a Bihar bound train the RPF and train personnel would have been beaten red and blue.
:yawn:

Crazywithmath

Country flag
I thought situation would be same to 2-3 years ago
Bcoz that time in coromandel there was no such issue
And our travel was for 1half or 2 days approx
Other members may share their experiences
Boarded Coromandel weeks before covid lockdowns; travel was comfortable and reached Kolkata (Howrah?) 6 min late.

==========================

Agenda ucha rahe humara;

Anyway, some data points;

Last edited:

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
This is a bihar thing I think.
Used to travel from bengal to bihar never encountered any RAC or anything in 3rd AC.
Same thing in Bengal to Andhra and odisha.
It's a bihar route thing.
13174 Agartala-Sealdah Kanchanjunga Express.
Reservations are just mere suggestions. AC or none AC, leave your reserved berth for a min and come back to find it occupied by 3 kids, their mum, one big box and 2 plastic baskets full of stuff. Go find the TT, he'll scream at them for a min, then they'll reluctantly take 5-6 mins to vacate your berth but insist you let them keep their luggage stacked there. You say no, they'll just put their hands up and ignore you; you are now forced to throw out their crap from the berth with some hard work because everything is damn heavy; you have succeeded, now they'll make a pikachu face at you, curse under their breath and hurrily send their kids forth like drones towards different corners of this coach and beyond to find another temporarily vacated seat in this goddamn train that has already spent 24 hours underway and won't reach it's destination for another 10-12 hours. And while all of this is going down, the male leader of this pack has smoked a full pack of bidi while hanging from the doors with zero fuks to give while the train is positively charging at 120kmph.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Reservations are just mere suggestions. AC or none AC, leave your reserved berth for a min and come back to find it occupied by 3 kids, their mum, one big box and 2 plastic baskets full of stuff. Go find the TT, he'll scream at them for a min, then they'll reluctantly take 5-6 mins to vacate your berth but insist you let them keep their luggage stacked there. You say no, they'll just put their hands up and ignore you; you are now forced to throw out their crap from the berth with some hard work because everything is damn heavy; you have succeeded, now they'll make a pikachu face at you, curse under their breath and hurrily send their kids forth like drones towards different corners of this coach and beyond to find another temporarily vacated seat in this goddamn train that has already spent 24 hours underway and won't reach it's destination for another 10-12 hours. And while all of this is going down, the male leader of this pack has smoked a full pack of bidi while hanging from the doors with zero fuks to give while the train is positively charging at 120kmph.
...आपको हुई असुविधा के लिए हमे खेद है...the inconvenience caused is deeply regretted

skunk works

Country flag
Superfast service saar *posts first day picture of bande Bharat when the train was still clean*

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles