Balasore Train Accident Jun 2023

Jimih

Country flag
Kavach wouldn't have prevented this accident. This is either a human error (i.e. the controller didn't bother to change the point) or a mechanical failure (i.e. point was changed by the controller but the system failed).

If it's mechanical failure, why didn't the signal turn red when the point changing failed?
How did the line switched in reverse? Should be the question.

Jimih

Country flag
Provided there was no sabotage and it was mechanical failure as is being widely speculated/reported, imo, the goods train was moved to the loop line from the main line.

When the switchover was made back to the main line by the controller, the signal board showed it was switched successfully(green light) but physically it did not happen.

Or maybe a part of the goods train remained on the main line resulting in the crash.
Coromandel exp did took the loop line as the signal aspect was for main line but points were found to be set in the reverse and that is to the loop, where the goods train was already in stationary position.

How did this happened?

another_armchair

Country flag
Coromandel exp did took the loop line as the signal aspect was for main line but points were found to be set in reverse and that is to the loop, where the gods train was already in stationary position.
Yes. I didn't read Point No. 4.

Deleted my post.

Awfully sorry.

But point 17, 18, 19 happened after the accident or ?

Jimih

Country flag
Yes. I didn't read Point No. 4.

Deleted my post.

Awfully sorry.
A Glitch did happened in the signalling.

How it occured should be investigated.

How the Coromandel exp ran into the track of goods train, and How switching got messed up are the questions here.

another_armchair

Country flag
A Glitch did happened in the signalling.

How it occured should be investigated.

How the Coromandel exp ran into the track of goods train, is the question.
1685802872244.png

1685802853059.png

Conclusion - We the undersigned after careful observation came to conclusion that, signal was given and taken off for up main line for 12841 but this train entered into up loopline and dashed with goods train (goods train number) which was on up loopline and derailed.

In the meantime, 12864 passed through on DN(down) mainline and two coaches of it were derailed and capsized(?).
Point 15 - The stretcher bar was found in such condition which shows, point was set up for up loop line.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Since you already confirmed the truth about the accident, let's all call it a day and go home.
It's not like that
My relatives who have close connections to railways and especially odisha say it was complete incompetency of the guy sitting in the control room and he even pointed out signaling error which has been published in few articles too
But again I am not against this sabotage angle let the report come but preliminary report consists of what was discussed here now new 2 pages have arrived don't know exactly which part of report is it

Jimih

Country flag
View attachment 208679

View attachment 208678

Point 15 - The stretcher bar was found in such condition which shows, point was set up for up loop line.
Shit.

Point 17-A= point failure

The goods train was let into the Loop line and then the relay operators switched the point towards the Main Line. So maybe due to a glitch in a mechanical component, the Point never changed.

Loco pilot in the Coromandel exp saw the green signal, and he thought that the Main Line was clear.

In reality the Point was still set towards the Loop line in the station. What eventually led to the crash with the goods train.

Seriously very unfortunate turn of events.

NutCracker

Country flag
With how much force those switches move ?? Can they be jammed using rocks .

Kumata

Country flag
Yes, sardesai seems to be literally eager to do the bidding for his benefactors. They seem to be making it a case against faster trains.
<edited by mod>

On to topic.

There is a active sabotage angle being probed... If one sees the last few weeks.. Railways was the target imo... Kerala bogie burn failed twice.. And orissa being. Home state of minister.. Is Good target.. I saw videos of track having pierced thru the boggie floor.. That's odd..

Last edited by a moderator:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles