Balasore Train Accident Jun 2023

abingdonboy

Country flag
Human error is the key to this accident and tremendous loss of life.

Railways should stop recruiting under qualified, poorly trained employees from the reservation class. These recruitments are politically motivated.

My sympathies with the families of the dead and injured.
Lost cause at this point. Technology is the only way out of this mess

abingdonboy

Country flag
Purely an act of God.

The track changer gave a green signal but the track had not really shifted.
If the Instrumebt malfunctioned regardless of maintenance than this is the act of God
Kavach would’ve prevented this. Contemporary signalling would’ve prevented this as it has in-built health monitoring and talks across sections not merely a red/green light

shade

Country flag
I really hope Ashwini Vaishnaw isn't thrown under the bus( Forces to REJINE by his spineless boss ) for this, he was a IAS babu once and after that he worked in locomotive subdivisions of GE, Siemens etc, guy actually is a neta with professional qualifications.

abingdonboy

Country flag
I really hope Ashwini Vaishnaw isn't thrown under the bus( Forces to REJINE by his spineless boss ) for this, he was a IAS babu once and after that he worked in locomotive subdivisions of GE, Siemens etc, guy actually is a neta with professional qualifications.
100% plus his work in telecommunications is invaluable. He actually knows his stuff and is the perfect guy for his portfolios as of now, removing him would be a huge blow to the Indian economy as a whole, he was actually one of the few that was pushing semiconductor FABs aggressively for india and also had a good relationship with industry.

i have to believe that he has the backing of PMO given they were the ones that identified him for the role. That said Modi’s comments of punishing those responsible do make me feel uneasy about Ashwani’s position. What’s needed now is a cool hard examination of root causes not emotional reactions although of course that’s what the public want

abingdonboy

Country flag
Negligence in maintenance is now called act of God

Is not called pagalpan.
The only act of god here is creating an ecosystem like the left in india with such a stranglehold on the institutions India’s collective productive mindset

the chalta hai and rent seeking SOP of Indian babus and betas seems god given at this point.

shade

Country flag
100% plus his work in telecommunications is invaluable. He actually knows his stuff and is the perfect guy for his portfolios as of now, removing him would be a huge blow to the Indian economy as a whole, he was actually one of the few that was pushing semiconductor FABs aggressively for india and also had a good relationship with industry.

i have to believe that he has the backing of PMO given they were the ones that identified him for the role. That said Modi’s comments of punishing those responsible do make me feel uneasy about Ashwani’s position. What’s needed now is a cool hard examination of root causes not emotional reactions although of course that’s what the public want
Guys who are responsible are the local railway babus or "engineers" who are responsbile for the rail network.
Railway Minister has an over-arching managerial role.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Guys who are responsible are the local railway babus or "engineers" who are responsbile for the rail network.
Railway Minister has an over-arching managerial role.
The jr engineer who is responsible for overlooking track changers.

AnantS

Country flag
Was hearing india tv, erstwhile signaling officers and other experts are saying this incident is suspiciously highly unusual. They seem to be convinced on strong possibility of sabotage.

thebakofbakchod

They should hang a few officials who were directly responsible for this. If its a signalling fault then them, if It is because of poor maintenance then whoever is uncharge of those works in the zone etc. Indian babudom has cultivated a zero accountability system which is why this keeps happening. What will happen is a few babus will step down or get a paid vacation and then rehired when the media scrutiny goes away.
The real issue is why the fking train derailed in the first place.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles