Balasore Train Accident Jun 2023

Jimih

Country flag
Significant step up in terms of response from NDRF and SDRF apparatus. They took the rescue operation within 24 hours. Also Balasore Medical college able to provide necessary medical help is to be appreciated.

Kudos to local people who came at night to support injured people.
State adminstration under Naveen Patnaik should also be praised.

Just can't imagine what would be the response if this accident took place in some particular states.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
As a passenger on the Coromandel Express from Howrah to Chennai, I am extremely thankful to have escaped unscathed. It probably is the biggest train accident related incident. Thread of how the incident unfolded

Three trains were involved in the accident - Coromandel Express 12841, Yesvantpur - Howrah SF and a goods train. Initial impressions are that the Coromandel express derailed and collided with the Goods train (parked on the loop track on the side)

Subsequently the derailed coaches hit the oncoming Yesvantpur express on the nearby track. 3 general coaches of Yesvantpur express are completely damaged and derailed. Almost 13 coaches of Coromandel express including General, Sleeper, AC 3 tier and AC 2 tier are completely damaged.

Not to exaggerate but I have myself witnessed more than 200-250 deaths. Families crushed away, limbless bodies and a bloodbath on the train tracks. It was a sight that I will never forget. God help the families. My condolences.

Jimih

Country flag
Mamata Bannerjee's track record was disastrous as rail minister.

Did nothing but make money for TMC & her family.
But she did visible changes in her state only, in terms of new stations and modernification of platforms.

INDIAFIRST

Country flag
Mishap can happen

But we should be more systematically efficient to avert minimum loss

It's a horror to even imagine the lives gone and the circumstances in which it gone

May end to June start is were mostly the children who gone to places are to return for school

It's a sad day

NutCracker

Country flag
1% chance this is a sabotage.

>First train was several hours late.
Any terrorist couldn't have accounted for this and some other train passed that track just before it.
> The track was 4 Lane so there is very little chance of success in case of a regular derailment.
> The first train that derailed did not suffer much damage or loss of life.
>Second train came within 1/2 hour window at 130 kmph at hit the Previous train that had derailed and its bogie came over to a different lane.
>a terrorist could not have accouted for all of these variables and place the perfect trap.

Unless this was done by some inside which what brings me to 1% possibility.

It's a act of God.
Fair points but ‘act of God’ is bs buddy. The second train hitting the derailed one is completely preventable especially 30 mins after the first one

As I say, lessons need to be learned from this tragedy
Can you share the report which says HWR-YPR SF hit scattered bogies of Coromandal Express within 30 minutes?

30 minutes is a very ambiguous figure.

It probably happened with in a few minutes of Coromandal Express ramming into a stationary goods train according to the bulletin shared by @Jimih.
Reposting.

1685784084755.png

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
What's we all missing, what was in the goods train? Could it be something significant?

Crazywithmath

Country flag
So, looks like a signalling error;

Coromandel driver took the loop line and bumped into a stationary goods train;

abingdonboy

Country flag
With Kavach maybe without Kavach no.
1/2 windows is very less for a train to deaccelerate from 130 kmph and you have to account whether the cormondal even received a signal for emergency.
That is why AI enabled GPS based tracking is the future.
Yes kavach should be able to prevent this but even semi decent modern signalling would’ve done the job

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz

We can close the case now

Jimih

Country flag

Saying this from start.

abingdonboy

Country flag
She is currently on field, let's see what she does
Eh this is what opposition is for, make the ruling party feel the heat and hopefully create incentives to fundamentally ensure this doesn’t happen again

In CCPland this would never be global news and they would literally bury this site in place and build over it

Global Defence

New threads

Articles