Balasore Train Accident Jun 2023

abingdonboy

Country flag
With regards to rail accidents in the past

What you guys might not know

In the past there used to be regular sabotage to cause derailment and accidents

Many were done at the behest of western neighbor in collusion with fuked up people of this country

What's interesting is that mainstream media never used to highlight it, due to reasons best know to them, even after local perpetrators were arrested, possibly part of possible large conspiracy. They used to highlight accident , but never the causes , nor did any follow up

People in Intel agencies knew about it , but problem is tying it all up bec in-between there used to be genuine accidents , even then the possibility remain those genuine accidents were anything but genuine

I remember an accident which happened bec low level crimals had removed bolts from the fish plates , to prove it as sabotage is difficult in indian courts , but anyone sensible enough will know that removing bolts from fish flates will cause derailments , it was deliberate, made to induce ambiguity
That’s not an excuse at this point.

1) intel and counter intel agencies have been built up substantially
2) SOPs for operating trains safely should be known by now

I think many want this to be sabotage (maybe It is, maybe it Isn’t) but that’s because they think this is excusable but it would still be an institutional failure

abingdonboy

Country flag
Riots have taken place there.
But consider this mystery lies on the derailment of first train which was 3 hours late.
It leaves out any window of outsider planning.

This was most likely an unavoidable accident.
Very very few accidents are unavoidable, they will be a sequence of mistakes lining up ie the Swiss cheese model

let’s hope a thorough investigation is done and the lessons applied across the IR, the second train hitting the already derailed coaches seems like most egregious part of all this, a proper signalling system would’ve prevented this part and this appears to have been the part that cost the most lives

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
think many want this to be sabotage (maybe It is, maybe it Isn’t) but that’s because they think this is excusable but it would still be an institutional failure
1% chance this is a sabotage.

>First train was several hours late.
Any terrorist couldn't have accounted for this and some other train passed that track just before it.
> The track was 4 Lane so there is very little chance of success in case of a regular derailment.
> The first train that derailed did not suffer much damage or loss of life.
>Second train came within 1/2 hour window at 130 kmph at hit the Previous train that had derailed and its bogie came over to a different lane.
>a terrorist could not have accouted for all of these variables and place the perfect trap.

Unless this was done by some inside which what brings me to 1% possibility.

It's a act of God.

abingdonboy

Country flag

Any terrorist couldn't have accounted for this and some other train passed that track just before it.
> The track was 4 Lane so there is very little chance of success in case of a regular derailment.
>Second train came within 1/2 hour window at 130 kmph at hit the Previous train that had derailed and its bogie came over to a different lane.
>a terrorist could not have accouted for all of these variables and place the perfect trap.

It's a act of God.
Fair points but ‘act of God’ is bs buddy. The second train hitting the derailed one is completely preventable especially 30 mins after the first one

As I say, lessons need to be learned from this tragedy

Sanglamorre

Country flag
In addition to this, stuffing of passengers in General coaches just like broiler chickens inside butcher shop's cages should be avoided.

Most of the departed souls were from this coaches.
Half of the time they themselves do that. UP-Bihar side, people are barging into even reserved coaches and sitting. Even seen sometimes sitting on AC-3 tier floors and all.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Significant step up in terms of response from NDRF and SDRF apparatus. They took the rescue operation within 24 hours. Also Balasore Medical college able to provide necessary medical help is to be appreciated. Previously we heard the horrors of moving people to some major cities for medical help. This particular section is 150+ Km from Kolkata and 200Km from Bhuvaneshwar but the local healthcare able to provide great support.

Kudos to local people who came at night to support injured people.

Atleast even in gloom there are some visible changes in the way of handling these kind of fatal accidents.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Significant step up in terms of response from NDRF and SDRF apparatus. They took the rescue operation within 24 hours. Also Balasore Medical college able to provide necessary medical help is to be appreciated. Previously we heard the horrors of moving people to some major cities for medical help. This particular section is 150+ Km from Kolkata and 200Km from Bhuvaneshwar but the local healthcare able to provide great support.

Kudos to local people who came at night to support injured people.

Atleast even in gloom there are some visible changes in the way of handling these kind of fatal accidents.
Absolutely, glad that all the talk of capacity in SAR/NDRF and the drills you see them doing of train derailments actually translated into the real world

porky_kicker

Country flag
That’s not an excuse at this point.

1) intel and counter intel agencies have been built up substantially
2) SOPs for operating trains safely should be known by now

I think many want this to be sabotage (maybe It is, maybe it Isn’t) but that’s because they think this is excusable but it would still be an institutional failure
I was not commenting on this incident, I mentioned it clearly

I am talking about past accidents where sabotage was there

Imo you are totally misplaced in your expectation in Intel agencies and such

In this world nothing is 100% surety, human envedours are always sub optimal with increasing failure as use cases increase

Especially human endeavors like a organization be it Intel or judicial or bureaucracy, who will have inherent failures bec it involves day to day operational failures, internal sabotage, external sabotage , individual bias and agenda, Murphys law and lastly bec they are humans

At the back of my mind I strongly believe many people of this country are completely fucked up , lives of innocent people don't matter for them , they will stoop to any level, lot of examples in the past

As of current incident I simply don't know

Last edited:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
The second train hitting the derailed one is completely preventable especially 30 mins after the first one
With Kavach maybe without Kavach no.
1/2 windows is very less for a train to deaccelerate from 130 kmph and you have to account whether the cormondal even received a signal for emergency.
That is why AI enabled GPS based tracking is the future.

another_armchair

Country flag
Half of the time they themselves do that. UP-Bihar side, people are barging into even reserved coaches and sitting. Even seen sometimes sitting on AC-3 tier floors and all.
Railway staff are the primary offenders of encroaching into 'reserved' coaches to grab a place to sit or sleep while traveling between 'sections' on 'duty'.

another_armchair

Country flag

It's a act of God.
Can you share the report which says HWR-YPR SF hit scattered bogies of Coromandal Express within 30 minutes?

30 minutes is a very ambiguous figure.

It probably happened with in a few minutes of Coromandal Express ramming into a stationary goods train according to the bulletin shared by @Jimih.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Can you share the report which says HWR-YPR SF hit scattered bogies of Coromandal Express within 30 minutes?

30 minutes is a very ambiguous figure.

It probably happened with in a few minutes of Coromandal Express ramming into a stationary goods train according to the bulletin shared by @Jimih.
I said that based on last appearance of HWR-YPR and the first instance or report of accident

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles