Balasore Train Accident Jun 2023

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Eh this is what opposition is for, make the ruling party feel the heat and hopefully create incentives to fundamentally ensure this doesn’t happen again

In CCPland this would never be global news and they would literally bury this site in place and build over it

Issue is now vaishnav will be in target that is modernization too

abingdonboy

Country flag
Data on Collisions-Derailments-level crossing accidents-Fire in Trains
View attachment 208648

1992 to 2002 average for reference

View attachment 208650

Exactly. Hope this kind of information is spread instead over the narrative building that the commies are trying to create now

+ still think Ashwani can survive this incident if they quickly pivot to safety measures,Kavach being rolled out on a fast tack could be his task now

It’s not like Pulwama or other similar incidents caused the resignation of the def/home minister

i hope they look at outcomes and not mere politics, I could be wrong but I think modi is thinking longer term at the moment than merely 2024 knowing that he’s not going to be around much longer

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Eh this is what opposition is for, make the ruling party feel the heat and hopefully create incentives to fundamentally ensure this doesn’t happen again
Than there is Naveen Pattbaik who is also in opposition and he does not seem to have taken to the streets, he is busy in providing relief.
How justified would be a demand for Ashwin Vasishnavs resignation in this case considering we have already lost a capable rail minister.

iNorthernerOn9

Country flag
I am just praying that one PR disaster doesn't happen... what's that?

PM getting formal welcome at airport in Odisha.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Exactly. Hope this kind of information is spread instead over the narrative building that the commies are trying to create now

+ still think Ashwani can survive this incident if they quickly pivot to safety measures,Kavach being rolled out on a fast tack could be his task now

It’s not like Pulwama or other similar incidents caused the resignation of the def/home minister

i hope they look at outcomes and not mere politics, I could be wrong but I think modi is thinking longer term at the moment than merely 2024 knowing that he’s not going to be around much longer
as for minister's resignation, i think PM will listen to whatever odisha CM says.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Issue is now vaishnav will be in target that is modernization too
We will see. Modi placed Ashwani there for a reason and PMO has been very active in IR affairs in coordination with him so I don’t think he’s as vulnerable as Prabhu was (especially as I’ve read that his leaving was motivated by state politics apparently too)

the next few days/weeks we will see some kind of cabinet clearance for something I think (Kavach, signalling etc) on a grand scale is my guess

Coalmine

Country flag
So, looks like a signalling error;

Coromandel driver took the loop line and bumped into a stationary goods train;

that means its fault of station master who turned both trains towards each other

abingdonboy

Country flag
I am just praying that one PR disaster doesn't happen... what's that?

PM getting formal welcome at airport in Odisha.
No chance. PMO and tbh state govts are much smarter than that these days also SOPs are better.

modi even stopped the distribution of flower bouquets for him whenever he is getting a formal welcome anywhere. He and his team understand optics

NutCracker

Country flag
Gawd.. this shitty outdated Indian Railways will need lot of capex. Don't know what other projects might go into backburner if track upgradation and Kavach system for even half the legth of tracks goes simultaneously.

NutCracker

Country flag

The key features of the Kavach system include automatic brake application in case the locomotive pilot fails to act, the provision of line-side signal display in the cabin for improved visibility in foggy conditions and at higher speeds, continuous updating of movement authority, automatic whistling at level crossings, collision avoidance through direct loco-to-loco communication, and the inclusion of an SOS feature to control trains in emergency situations.

These are the features of kavach . Tell me how it could've prevented accident ? Do kavach records that specific loco has been derailed , hence commnuicate that to locos around it .

Or it just sends data about which track/lane is occupied by it hence which one is free to go/no collision.

Edit- coincidentally tweet above answers my query.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles