Bai Ling and PLA "Discipline " - "You follow and You Obey "

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
IN accordance with the (relatively to me ) new rules im posting a summary and the url for reference .

Bai Ling reveals dark memories of Chinese army
Bai Ling reveals dark memories of Chinese army - Yahoo! News

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Actress Bai Ling said she is confronting a dark chapter from her past: sexual abuse she suffered as a teenager at the hands of Chinese army officers.
Bai, 44, who was a soldier in a People's Liberation Army performance troupe from age 14 to 17, told The Associated Press in a recent interview that she was "opening a wound that was very secret to myself, that even my parents don't know."
Therapy she received during a U.S. reality TV series helped her understand what she endured in the 1980s and the psychological marks it left on her, Bai said.
She was pressed to have sex with her superiors, with one encounter leading to pregnancy and an abortion under an assumed name, Bai said, adding that other women serving with her in Tibet were also forced into sex and regularly plied with alcohol.
Bai stressed that she blames individual officers and not the Chinese government for events that have haunted her life and work.
The actress ("The Crow," ''Red Corner," TV's "Entourage") said she worries about how her revelations on VH1's "Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew" will be received. The show, which airs Sunday, is in its fifth season.
"The only comfort is that I'm using this platform to help others. I know that my story is so powerful and honest and so simple," Bai said. "Even if I can help one child and make them feel they haven't been forgotten, that's the only comfort I have."
Bai "did go through something terrible and was able to access it and deal with it," said Dr. John Sharp, part of the "Celebrity Rehab" treatment team this season. He is a faculty member at Harvard Medical School and a practicing psychiatrist.
She had deflected memories of "these men who were sexually abusing her" so she wouldn't fall apart psychologically, Sharp said. "But when she got in to a safe place ... she was able to admit to herself what she'd been dealing with."

Until now, Bai said, she didn't even perceive her treatment by her army superiors as abuse: "Because of the Chinese culture of obedience, you don't ask questions. ... You follow and obey."

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
I am surprised that in a centralized control-driven organization like the PLA, such things can go on without the Chinese govt knowing about it.
What do the members think? Does the CCP know and turn a blind eye, or are they really ignorant?

amoy

I read a few rebuttals of Bai Ling's "dark memories" pointing out a few fatal loopholes in her story.

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
I read a few rebuttals of Bai Ling's "dark memories" pointing out a few fatal loopholes in her story.
Oh yes how any single man in china can ever be bad? Shame the victims by ad hominem attacks and that will coerce her into submission.

I have read lengthy rebuttals of holocaust too.

no smoking

Country flag
I am surprised that in a centralized control-driven organization like the PLA, such things can go on without the Chinese govt knowing about it.
Centralized control-driven organization doesn't mean there will be eyes watching your bedroom every day unless your only knowledge about this "centralized system" is from hollywood movie.
PLA is as same as any other army in the world: full of dark side stories.

What do the members think? Does the CCP know and turn a blind eye, or are they really ignorant?
Does india gov know there are corruption within its own body? I believe the answer is YES!
Does india gov turn a blind eye to these corruptions? Certainly NO.
As we all know, it is quite hard for others to find out such kind of crime unless victim reports it. As victims in her age, very few would stand out.

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
While one could understand that, yet the Chinese media is full of stories of Chinese bigwigs having mistresses and illegal and forced sex with their subordinates and so on.

Mao's doctor himself has indicated that Mao required virgins on the trot!

Here is something you could cream over..

The Sex Life of Chairman Mao
Chairman Mao Zedong had a long and varied sex life, both with his several wives and the many young girls procured for his longevity.

As Eric Hobsbawn has pointed out in Revolutionaries, the widespread belief that there is some connection between social revolutionary movements and permissiveness in sexual behaviour actually has no basis in fact. Indeed, there is by contrast a strain of Puritanism in many revolutionary movements. This seems to be particularly true in the Maoist forms of revolution, since they have tended to focus on the movement (as represented by for example the Chinese Communist Party or the Angkar of the Khmer Rouge) taking the place of the family. The young Chinese Communists who supported Mao Zedong as he emerged as the leader of the movement were in fact positively forbidden from any kind of personal intimacy. Despite the constant threat of death or serious injury, not to mention capture by the enemy, the young men and women had to endure without physical comfort from each other.

This restriction did not, of course, apply to Mao himself. Anchee Min's Becoming Madame Mao describes the sound of passion coming from Mao's quarters, as he made love to the young actress who was to become the terror of the Cultural Revolution, quite unnerving the young guards posted outside. Mao of course was by then onto what was to become marriage to his third wife. However, these marital liaisons were but one part of his sexual life. Throughout the period of his ascendancy, as reports of his personal life have made clear, young and virgin girls were brought to his bed on a regular basis. Agents, they might equally be termed pimps, roamed the Chinese countryside searching for suitable girls and explained the situation to their parents. They were sold the idea that a great honour was being provided for them and their daughter. Perhaps financial or material inducements were also provided at need. Presumably, there are a number of these women living still in China with Mao's children, although this is not a subject which is discussed very much in the public sphere.

As for Mao himself, an endless series of young girls and a sense of entitlement would be strong enough inducements for most men but, in his case, he did seem to have a genuine intent to reach an advanced age, which he managed to achieve to a reasonable extent. There has been a longstanding belief in Chinese society that men can reinvigorate themselves by absorbing life energy from younger women through sexual contact. In fact, older women could receive the same favour from younger boys but, apart from the Empress Wu and her like, much fewer have been able to take advantage of the possibility.

http://suite101.com/article/the-sex-life-of-chairman-mao-a53842

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Maybe the Senior in the PLA used Ling because of the longstanding belief in Chinese society that men can reinvigorate themselves by absorbing life energy from younger women through sexual contact.

Understandable.

Was this the fatal error in her story?

amoy

While one could understand that, yet the Chinese media is full of stories of Chinese bigwigs having mistresses and illegal and forced sex with their subordinates and so on.

Mao's doctor himself has indicated that Mao required virgins on the trot!
Actually unlike prudish Indians who live up to high morality Chinese are quite loose and even often regard that as machismo (Napoleon, Einsenhawer...).

If u've had a perusal of our history or classicals like "Three Kingdoms" or "All men are brothers", u'd understand this.

U posted Mao's harem before. When did u develop such a new hobby to peep at other's bedrooms? Paparazzi?

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
U posted Mao's harem before. When did u develop such a new hobby to peep at other's bedrooms? Paparazzi?
It was not consensual and Mao spread STD to many married and virgin ladies so it does not remain his bedroom activity but one that should shock normal persons.

It reflects very poorly on chinese society that it honors such a filthy( he never bathed) bastard.

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Maybe the Senior in the PLA used Ling because of the longstanding belief in Chinese society that men can reinvigorate themselves by absorbing life energy from younger women through sexual contact.

Understandable.

Was this the fatal error in her story?
It was Daoist belief and the fatal error is that in great land of chairman Mao, there is no taoist to hold such "counterrevolutionary" views.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Actually unlike prudish Indians who live up to high morality Chinese are quite loose and even often regard that as machismo (Napoleon, Einsenhawer...).

If u've had a perusal of our history or classicals like "Three Kingdoms" or "All men are brothers", u'd understand this.

Thanks.

Good to know that male chauvinism and supremacy in all aspects of life including sex in China is callded machismo amongst the Chinese!

Then why such complaints about Armand having a ball with the Chinese girls? ;)

Actually, research in a number of animal species suggests that differences in neurochemicals and receptors might influence various degrees of these sorts of pairing.

There are many mammals, animals, birds etc which are monogamous, though an occasional foray onto other pasture is not unknown.

However, extra martial adventures as a practice is not the rule, but the exception even amongst such lower lives as animals and birds, but not with the Chinese, if one goes by what you say!

It is good to know that the Chinese are an exception whose libido knows no bound or control. But then the Han arrogance that they alone are civilised and others are barbarians is indicated by your delight in celebrating illicit sex as a sign of a highly civilised society.

One wonders if the Chinese believe in marriage since that is indicative of encouraging a monogamous way of life. But you indicate the solemnity of the system of marriage is but a stupid thing since you feel that the whole world is but a sex binge for the taking and the litmus test of a civilisation!

I did not have to peek into Mao's bedroom.

His sexual escapades are all over the Internet and cyberspace.

Google on Mao and his sex life hits you in the face!

I take it that you would like to tell us that he is the icon of a civilised Han civilisation that is supreme in civilised norms and which the world would do well to emulate!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Understanding the Attraction to Foreign Men

In previous editions of the guide, we had asserted an unqualified, ubiquitous and pervasive preference for foreign men over Chinese men for most women in China. However, based on new data derived from a current research study in progress of 302 Chinese young adults, ranging in age from 16 through 30-years old (Mavrides, 2009), it appears that those claims were overstated—or, at the very least, need to be better qualified.

In our current study, not one of the 144 female respondents indicated a strong or exclusive preference for dating and marrying a foreign man and only 4.2% indicated even a moderate preference for dating and marrying a Westerner. About 32% stated that it didn't matter either way (no preference based on race or culture) and another 48.6% indicated a preference for a Chinese man but stated that they would consider a foreigner "if the right one came along" (ibid). The most common reasons stated for these findings were "parents would never agree to a foreigner," "too many cultural differences leading to problems later on," and "difficulty communicating."

In light of this new evidence, what we now believe is that foreign men provide a very attractive alternative to those Chinese women who feel they are not competitive for the most desirable and sought after Chinese men. This group of women primarily include:

Women who are considered to be relatively unattractive or just mediocre in appearance by Chinese standards (see unit Understanding Chinese Women, for a complete discussion of the discrepancy between Western and Chinese standards of beauty). This also includes women with darker-toned skin and probably all minority women. This is not to suggest that these women are truly unattractive, it's just that they might not be regarded as pretty in China. Keep in mind that Chinese actresses Lucy Liu (who has attained sex symbol status in the States) and Zhang Ziyi (who was voted one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world by People magazine) are both considered to be "a little ugly" in China.
Women over the age of 30 and those who are no longer virgins, irrespective of marital status. While age and virginity were the least important assets in men sought after by women, they ranked in 6th and 7th place for the male respondents in the study (followed by profession and height in 8th and last place, respectively).
Women who are divorced especially, but not only, if they have a child.
Women from poor families, especially those whose parents are farmers and transient workers and were not born in a first-tier city. Chinese men ranked the girl's education and family background as 4th and 5th in order of importance, exceeded only by character, health and appearance in first, second and third place, respectively.
Finally, and quite cynically, unscrupulous women who are otherwise quite competitive for the most desirable Chinese men but who are Western-bound at any cost and are primarily, if not only, interested in the foreign man's visa.
However, having just written this, it should be kept in mind that approximately 65% of China is still agricultural and, therefore, the majority of women in China today do come from relatively poor families and the countryside. In addition, the vast cultural differences in definition and perception of Asian beauty have created a rather large pool of available Chinese women who are more than eager to seek comfort and affirmation of their self-worth and desirability as women from men with "big eyes" and "tall noses," even if they can't speak a word of English.

Consequently, within this aforementioned and relatively large sub-group of women, it is not unusual to see Western men coupled with girls 25 to 35 years their junior, irrespective of their overall appearance, weight, height, intelligence, personality, level of education, financial assets, work history or any other attribute that would be a determining factor in mate selection in the West. Completely aside from those who may harbor or be primarily driven by ulterior motives, e.g., a visa to a Western country, a better life, guaranteed lifetime financial support for the family, an opportunity to practice one's English language skills in pursuit of some other, higher goal, etc., some girls are simply and genuinely attracted to the more open and direct manner that characterizes most Western men when compared to that of the average Chinese man. As one girl explained: "My ex-boyfriend was always telling me to 'shut-up,' that I was 'too noisy'. I really like you because I can talk freely and I always know how you feel."

In the countryside, as well as in the poorer provinces, domestic violence is rampant: Girls from these environments will feel deeply loved if only they are not beaten. It will take little more than that for you to win their hearts—that and a little bit of genuine kindness. A very pretty 24-year old girl, in response to being asked if she truly loved her obese and well below-average looking foreign boyfriend, more than twice her age, who was a chronic alcoholic and clearly suffering from Korsakoff's syndrome (symptoms include memory loss, confabulation, poor insight, meager content in conversation and apathy), responded, without hesitation, that she did and to my look of utter disbelief she explained: "Every day he tells me that he loves me and I know that he means it." Most Chinese men and women have never heard, not even once, their parents express the words "I love you." Our current study revealed that the less competitive a girl perceived herself to be as a marital choice, the more likely she was to value romanticism and demonstrative affection in a man, especially if she was not raised in an upper middle-class family.

Finally, and it's a point worth mentioning here, as most Chinese girls expect to have a child one day and particularly given how Western physical characteristics (i.e., "big eyes," "tall nose") are perceived as highly desirable in China, many girls will deliberately seek a foreign man with the physical appearance of their future child in mind. During your stay in China, you will hear many girls comment on how interracial babies born to Chinese-Western parents are "so beautiful" and "very clever." Although we don't consider this to be a major factor in their attraction to foreign men, it is a thought that definitely enters into the minds of Chinese women of child-bearing years as an added benefit to having a Western husband.

Fear of Abandonment

The divorce rate is soaring in China and conservative estimates now place it at 22 to 25% (Xinhua, 2006). The reasons stated for this recent increase include the incorporation of simplified divorce procedures in 2003 (it now costs only 10 yuan and takes less than 20 minutes to get a divorce at a local civil affairs department), increased affluence for both husbands and wives, and the greater influence of Western values. Chinese women, particularly the younger ones, appear far more willing to divorce their husbands for infidelity than ever before and highly successful Chinese men, whose fathers and grandfathers lived during a time when second wives and concubines were still permitted by law, psychologically view such indulgences as their inalienable birthright.

So great is this fear among Chinese girls of being cheated on and later abandoned by their husbands for a much younger woman once they reach middle-age, most Chinese girls prefer to work and accumulate their "own money" in preparation for such an event, irrespective of how wealthy the husband may be (and, often, especially if he is wealthy, as Chinese men with money are far more likely to cheat on their wives than those who are poor). In fact, this fear of future abandonment and inevitable divorce may account for why only 53.8% of our study's female respondents indicated definite intentions of eventually getting married.

Consider the following personal account of a 55-year old Chinese woman who strongly suspects that her husband is cheating on her, but ultimately succumbs to the fear of what life would be like for her if she were to divorce:

Although Ms. Liu is 55 years old now, she seems more fashionable and younger. In the eyes of other people, she has a happy family since her husband is a leader of an enterprise with high pay and her son is also an outstanding student studying in a key university. However, she is the only one who tastes the bitterness of family life. Her husband seldom comes back home for supper but says he is out socializing. Therefore, she worries her husband is having extramarital relations. Her son, who always looks indifferent, has a luxurious life and often gets angry with her.

Troubled by these family problems, she received counseling. She confessed she was afraid of her husband divorcing from her. "Although women are encouraged to enjoy an independent life, I still worry about the reality after divorce. It is very hard for women like me aged 50 to make a living in a competitive society. We had a tough childhood and experienced three years of natural disaster. Our work was also interfered by the Cultural Revolution. When we became old, many of us faced the problem of unemployment. Taking into account of all these experiences, I dare not divorce," she said (The Evening News, 2007, translated from Chinese by the Women of China).

Given the pervasive fears of abandonment that most Chinese women seem to have, it is not difficult to understand why much older foreign men who hold the promise of long-term devotion, fidelity, and dependability, provide them with the opportunity to receive "double-love," i.e., the love of husband coupled with that of a father and, as an added bonus, also find them to be genuinely beautiful (when most Chinese men do not) would be so desirable to them in China.

The next unit discusses dating etiquette and information about sex and relationships you should be aware of in China

Understanding Chinese Women's Attraction to Foreign Men

SinghSher1984

Tihar Jail
Banned
Then, um why the chinese women who are crazy over Indian guys and after that black guys? Instead of foreign read white guys, ask them bout tamil, keralite, punjabi, rajput, etc. :p

Also, I knew there had to be something wrong with this sicko.
"When mao was diagnosed with venereal disease and his doctor told him to start bathing (Mao never bathed),Mao refused saying "My genitals are washed in the bodies of my women." He had a steady stream of young pretty, sexually inexperienced, chinese peasant girls brought in to satisfy his needs. He was truly a sick freak."

Now, I know why China doesn't have water issues.

amoy, do you follow in your great leader's footsteps. :p

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
It was not consensual and Mao spread STD to many married and virgin ladies so it does not remain his bedroom activity but one that should shock normal persons.It reflects very poorly on chinese society that it honors such a filthy( he never bathed) bastard.
Then, um why the chinese women who are crazy over Indian guys and after that black guys? Instead of foreign read white guys, ask them bout tamil, keralite, punjabi, rajput, etc. :p Also, I knew there had to be something wrong with this sicko.
"When mao was diagnosed with venereal disease and his doctor told him to start bathing (Mao never bathed),Mao refused saying "My genitals are washed in the bodies of my women." He had a steady stream of young pretty, sexually inexperienced, chinese peasant girls brought in to satisfy his needs. He was truly a sick freak."
Now, I know why China doesn't have water issues.
amoy, do you follow in your great leader's footsteps. :p
wow ! some research you guys have done - but thanks ! most interesting views an i liked them - especially about the water issues !

all you have said is valid - my contribution is in addition to what youve written and doesnt take away
- i'd say it's their style ! .... their way of doing things - sure we can comment about it , analyse it on this forum

but i'd prefer we left it to them ! hehehe hehehehe :toilet:

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles