Baby girls must wear burkhas - Saudi Cleric

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
A Saudi cleric has called for all female babies to be fully covered by wearing the face veil, commonly known as the burka, citing reports of little girls being sexually molested.

In a TV interview on the Islamic al-Majd TV, which seems to date back to mid-last year, Sheikh Abdullah Daoud, stressed that wearing the veil will protect baby girls. The Sheikh tried to back his assertion with claims of sexual molestation against babies in the kingdom, quoting unnamed medical and security sources.

Recently picked up on social media, Sheikh Dauod's statement prompted wide condemnation from his fellow Saudis on Twitter. Some tweeps called for the Sheikh to be held accountable because his ruling denigrates Islam and breaches individual privacy.

Sheikh Mohammad al-Jzlana, former judge at the Saudi Board of Grievances, told Al Arabiya that Dauod's ruling was denigrating to Islam and Shariah and made Islam look bad.

Jzlana urged people to ignore unregulated fatwas and explained that there are special regulations set by the Saudi authorities to administer religious edicts and appoint those who are entitled to issue them.

He said that he feels sad whenever he sees a family walking around with a veiled baby, describing that as injustice to children.

"Burkas for babies": Saudi cleric's new fatwa causes controversy

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
A Saudi cleric has called for all female babies to be fully covered by wearing the face veil, commonly known as the burka, citing reports of little girls being sexually molested.

In a TV interview on the Islamic al-Majd TV, which seems to date back to mid-last year, Sheikh Abdullah Daoud, stressed that wearing the veil will protect baby girls. The Sheikh tried to back his assertion with claims of sexual molestation against babies in the kingdom, quoting unnamed medical and security sources.

Recently picked up on social media, Sheikh Dauod's statement prompted wide condemnation from his fellow Saudis on Twitter. Some tweeps called for the Sheikh to be held accountable because his ruling denigrates Islam and breaches individual privacy.

Sheikh Mohammad al-Jzlana, former judge at the Saudi Board of Grievances, told Al Arabiya that Dauod's ruling was denigrating to Islam and Shariah and made Islam look bad.

Jzlana urged people to ignore unregulated fatwas and explained that there are special regulations set by the Saudi authorities to administer religious edicts and appoint those who are entitled to issue them.

He said that he feels sad whenever he sees a family walking around with a veiled baby, describing that as injustice to children.

"Burkas for babies": Saudi cleric's new fatwa causes controversy
GROOSSS!!!!!!! :tsk:

Soon they would ask to put girls in burqa in womb itself. :tsk:

At the same time old horny Saudis Sheiks marry girls of 10 year. :tsk:

JBH22

If these wackos did not have oil who would have cared about them.

vishwaprasad

Country flag
Poor insecure souls these Saudis....except of oil they are not even worth discussing......as long as my 2-4 wheelers running without a problem in India (though at high cost)I will never waste my time discussing about ME idiots....only poor Rizzana Nafeek case made me discuss something about these idiots.....

Novice

The biggest problem is the Madarasa education and unless you uproot that evil, nothing is changing ever. And just to be clear, I am not against Madrasa but the type of education it provides. IT is so channeled towards religion that you can't survive outside world with that attained skill set. Only place you can contribute is Mosques but again that's not where you are all the time, are you? You got to do other worldly things. If you really feel like there should be one, be it but add more curriculum. Teach Math, Physics and what not. Please put a curb on what is allowed to be said in public. Keep religion to Mosques where people can go for a religious/ spiritual retreat. Think society, development, harmony and above all equality in terms of sex and religion. Remember that child molester in London few days back? Says he was taught to treat girls as lollypop. Well time to come out of this medieval mindset. Time has changed and so did other religions.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The man has a perverted mind and so he wants to protect himself from his perverted thoughts!

It is not only madrassas that purvey odd thoughts.

I am tired of the clerics and 'guardians' of public morality.

The most dangerous are the Khaps who are law unto themselves, and then comes the Muslim clerics, who pretend to give 'advice' through fatwas, which actually are but firmans.

Fortunately, most would laugh at the Togadias, who feel that are the champions of Hinduism, as daft and actually they are but toothless paper tigers!

What the Togadias of India have to say is not even accepted as worth listening, let alone acting on!

Last edited:

Ash

Country flag
The "intelectuals" in that sandpit of a country never fail to amuse with their backward thinking

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
in reality Saudi is quite different
these are just bold statements

ground realities speaks otherwise

Novice

Mighty Farhan Strikes again. Are you :drunk: or high on :smokin:

A very small picture of your so called ground reality;

Source: World Report 2012: Saudi Arabia | Human Rights Watch

Quote:
The Saudi guardianship system continues to treat women as minors. Under this discriminatory system, girls and women of all ages are forbidden from traveling, studying, or working without permission from their male guardians

Quote:
Over 8 million migrant workers fill manual, clerical, and service jobs, constituting more than half the national workforce. Many suffer multiple abuses and labor exploitation, sometimes amounting to slavery-like conditions.

Quote:
The kafala (sponsorship) system ties migrant workers' residency permits to their "sponsoring" employers, whose written consent is required for workers to change employers or exit the country. Employers abuse this power to confiscate passports, withhold wages, and force migrants to work against their will.

Quote:
Domestic workers, most of whom are women, frequently endure forced confinement, food deprivation, and severe psychological, physical, and sexual abuse.

Quote:
In June the government beheaded Ruyati binti Sapubi, an Indonesian domestic worker convicted of murdering her employer who allegedly refused to allow binti Sapubi to return home. Courts sentenced another Indonesian domestic worker to death for killing her employer after he allegedly tried to rape her.

The entire article is quote per se but i would leave you a breathing space.

Above all our forum thread on SriLankan Maid beheading is still active.

What ground reality were you talking about again?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

King Saud was a womaniser and an alcoholic!

In fact they are all full of double standards.

I am reading the book The Bin Ladens by Steve Coll and I am astounded by the total hypocrisy of the Wahabbis.

They wanted Mosque at Madina to be demolished because it was a sort of 'commemorative', but then they allowed it only because King Saud demolished the Dome!

Frauds!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Why are you complaining?

I thought you were the direct descendant of these unwashed smelly Bedous with brains of a peahen!

And shame on you all to have Sherry Rehman and the eye candy Rabbani Khar as your representatives of Islam!

Imagine women at the helm of affairs dictating to macho Islamic men! Wow!

And the poor lady Rehman was fondled by the PM in a rally as the Youtube posted here showed.

Man, shame on you!

Most unIslamic chaps talking about Islam!

Listen to Wahab's teaching.

He is true Islam!

Last edited:

Ash

Country flag

Farhan, our perceptions shape our reality.
My perceptions of Saudi are shaped by
- a country which still has public beheadings
- a country where the justice system can at most times be considered as one sided
-the indulgence of the rich in alcohol and prostitution (especially with Eastern European women)
and finally for me the worst, the horrible treatment of Pakistani's , Indians and Sri Lakans who perform menial jobs.

I have friends and family who have worked in Saudi and even throughtout the Emirates and they often relate the way the Pakistani's and Indians are treated.

This is a matter that should galvanise both the Pakistani and Indian Govts. and even the people of this 2 countries into action for better treatment of these poor people in the Arab peninsula.

sob

Mod
Country flag
I never thought that this would also come. What fertile imaginations do these people have.
From Asaram Bapu, the MP minister, the female scientist who spoke at Allahabd/Kanpur, to the Grand Mufti and this gentleman, what an interesting cross section of the people we have on a common ground.

Shame on you Sir Shame on you.

Novice

Such an innocence being captivated in shroud of evil and to top that holding a gun? Look at the sheer purity in her eyes. How can any sane person act on behest of lust, wild instinct or insatiate urge? How much more would you sink O fallen child?

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Saudi cleric must be feeling Horny by looking at babies so this fatwa.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles