Aziz, advisor to India steel mogul

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador

Staff Reporter
KARACHI: Former prime minister Shaukat Aziz has been appointed as financial advisor to prominent Indian businessman Lakshmi Mittal. According to details, Shaukat Aziz has been playing a new role as financial advisor to Lakshmi Mittal to whom the former PM had sold Pakistan Steel Mills, which was later stopped by the Supreme Court of Pakistan.

Lakshmi Mittal, who is owner of some 30 steels mills in India, made Shaukat Aziz's appointment in his London office. People had expressed their annoyance over the disgraceful step taken by the former prime minister for accepting offer from an Indian businessman in the wake of recent tension between the two countries on different core issues particularly water dispute and Kashmir issue.-Agencies

http://thefinancialdaily.com/NewsDetail/114436.aspx

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
I think his decision should be respected as that of a professional in his personal capacity.

Still an interesting development.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I hope he doesn't do shortcut jobs in Mittal steels as he did in Pakistan.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
He is an advisor, whatever that means.

If he doesn't perform here, he will be given the pink slip. ;)

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Good move, Mittal can get guidance on how to acquire Pakistan Steel Mills. Besides how could Aziz say no to such a job?

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
I doubt Mittal will want to put his hands in that cesspool.

The steel mill will be destroyed and GOP will beg people to buy it, only no one will be interested.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles