Average Heights of Indians for different states

Kesang

Small( but not very small) and round body is good for living in cold region because it reduce amount of heat lost.

parijataka

Country flag
Then how come people living in colder regions (Europe) have developed taller and more muscular bodies?
Smaller height is normally seen in people living in hilly regions where a short person is more stable than taller one.

AFAIK Chinese and Japanese have better average height than Indians.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Smaller height is normally seen in people living in hilly regions where a short person is more stable than taller one.

AFAIK Chinese and Japanese have better average height than Indians.
Yes. Himachalis live in mountainous region so that explains their short height. Jammu is in plains. Only Upper Jammu region is mountainous and that region is not densely populated. Most Dogras live in plains. Kashmiris live in Kashmir valley and valleys are flat like plains. That's why Dogras and kashmiris are taller than himachalis.

nirranj

Country flag
I eat a whole lot of rice and drink too much milk... I am 6'1 and I am a Tamil!!!

Rice is just good...

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
I guess I am the shortest on DFI.

I am only 5 ft. and 7 inches and I eat wheat and lots of milk product :pokerface:

Ajesh

I guess I am the shortest on DFI.

I am only 5 ft. and 7 inches and I eat wheat and lots of milk product :pokerface:

:lol:.. Heights have a lot to do with Genetics.... But this is also a fact that the Younger generation are better fed with better Nutrients and better Proteins.. So No-One really knows.

My Cousin Brother is well over 6 feet and he is the lone child of my very Rich Uncle. So i do think better Nutrition and well cared child do grow Tall.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
:lol:.. Heights have a lot to do with Genetics.... But this is also a fact that the Younger generation are better fed with better Nutrients and better Proteins.. So No-One really knows.

My Cousin Brother is well over 6 feet and he is the lone child of my very Rich Uncle. So i do think better Nutrition and well cared child do grow Tall.
I guess it's good genes.
My grand dad was well above 6 ft. but my grand ma was correct 5 ft.

My side of family got the genes of my grand mother.
What sucks is that I am even shorter than few of my cousin sisters :sad:

Ajesh

I guess it's good genes.
My grand dad was well above 6 ft. but my grand ma was correct 5 ft.

My side of family got the genes of my grand mother.
What sucks is that I am even shorter than few of my cousin sisters :sad:
It really doesnt matter if You are tall or short....Only the character and deeds of the man matters.. Of Course Height does matter but it is just a side kick. Napolean,Tendulkar,Bradman,Salman Khan,Picasso, Chengiz Khan,Gandhi are some of those.

Chengiz was reportedly just 5 feet 1 Inch

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
It really doesnt matter if You are tall or short....Only the character and deeds of the man matters.. Of Course Height does matter but it is just a side kick. Napolean,Tendulkar,Bradman,Salman Khan,Picasso, Chengiz Khan,Gandhi are some of those.

Height doesn't matter to me because i like petite chicks :yey:

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
Don't believe that eating rice is not good for height, being a keralite I know people back eat lot of nutritious brown rice and most of the men on my dads side are tall, I touch 5 10 , 5 11 and most of my younger cousins are tall,

each local diet is there for a reason and cannot be faulted
You eat lot of animal protein & yes, brown rice is not bad at all.

Julian

Tihar Jail
Banned

Who told you that?

Julian

Tihar Jail
Banned
Indians even if they are tall tend to have small frames and narrow shoulders except those with significant west asian input in their genes like the Jatts and other North Indian groups. Iranian people are tall and robust just like North Indians and even more so than the Arabs and the turks. This is why Iranians dominate in strength sports like weightlifting, wrestling etc.. A similar culture exists in North India.
The people with most robust bodies are Azeris among non whites. Georgians are also quite good, Arabs of Yemen are tall but too thin to impress anyone.

Julian

Tihar Jail
Banned
True, but Khali is from Himachal, originally.
Exceptions are there, also we can not generalize so far as India is concerned as here different groups live in same place. In Assam, one can find ladies who look like normal Indians and others who may pass off as East Asians.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
The people with most robust bodies are Azeris among non whites. Georgians are also quite good, Arabs of Yemen are tall but too thin to impress anyone.
Yea you may be right. ~40 % of Iranians are Azeris so maybe that's why Iran does so well at strength sports. People from the Caucasus in general are quite strong and robust. Perhaps they are mixed with Slavs. See Kadyrov's (Chechnya) army

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Overall, the results are as in line with conventional thinking. I expected J&K, Punjab, Haryana to be near the top. The one that surprised me is Kerala but it makes sense on reflection. Kerala has relatively better health care system and lower rates of malnutrition.

Julian

Tihar Jail
Banned
Yea you may be right. ~40 % of Iranians are Azeris so maybe that's why Iran does so well at strength sports. People from the Caucasus in general are quite strong and robust. Perhaps they are mixed with Slavs. See Kadyrov's (Chechnya) army

Completely agree except that azeris are 25 percent of Iranian population.Chechens, Ossetians, Georgians do very good in wrestling and weightlifting.
I still remember that judo match of London Olympics where Putin was there and a caucasian( I mean that region) Russian player almost threw his rival with his sheer strength.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles