Avani, the 1st Indian woman to fly a fighter solo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

airstrike99

Country flag
But sir
That's not the point is it?
Her flying the aircraft can pave way to the untapped talent pool in the country, women who may have the talent but not the gutsy-go to even apply, fearing the propaganda that armed forces are mysogenistic and so on
Sans frontline combat

I do agree with this part though 😃
sure. my main problem is with media and some sections of society.
surely she must be a exceptionally good pilot. flying a mig 21. a plane without fly by wire systems. no engine fadec control systems. and serious stalling problems at high speed manuovers and high angle of attack.

however i do doubt whether women can pull a 9g in extremely tense situation without blacking out and crashing. thats how serious air superiority combats are.
thats why no airforce sends women in frontline combat. atleast initially. they are sent only in last ditch efforts.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
however i do doubt whether women can pull a 9g in extremely tense situation without blacking out and crashing. thats how serious air superiority combats are.
thats why no airforce sends women in frontline combat. atleast initially. they are sent only in last ditch efforts.
On point
Quoting Avani ma'am herself
"An aircraft is a machine, it doesn't know whether the person flying it is a male or a female"

The Air force cannot lower standards for any reasons (even for women) it'll affect the quality of aviators

Although I doubt she'll be doing Air Superiority role, Interception is more like it

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
On point
Quoting Avani ma'am herself
"An aircraft is a machine, it doesn't know whether the person flying it is a male or a female"

The Air force cannot lower standards for any reasons (even for women) it'll affect the quality of aviators

Although I doubt she'll be doing Air Superiority role, Interception is more like it
Ya'll Nibbiars The aircaft dosen't knew but the body does. Its not about whether men or women but keeping standards for operational requirements not the double standards in name of FemiNazis.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars And double standards exist in the working environment where women are allowed to leave work at the office closing times despite deadline. But men are kept working even till midnight without any over time and ulta hame bolte hai Kamchor. Jiske Jalte hai n usko hei pata chalta hai.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars remember the Chinese Domenstration Team Feamle Pilot who was previously had only experience on the JH 7 and J 10 but was rushed to the Aerobatic Team with reducing the minimal requirements of 1,000 Flying hours to just 700. And knew what happened later she died in a fatal crash. Peoples wants publicity on the Dead Female Pilot's.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
i dont care if you call me with some fashionable words . misogynist, chuvanist, etc etc. when i pay taxes. i do have the right to say somethings that might be unpleasant for re : tards like you.
Mind your language dude, before I bust you from this forum. We need to discuss things in a gentlemanly manner. It seems you are inebriated with the exuberance of your verbosity that makes zero sense and is in poor taste and unacceptable out here.

So watch out.

WarriorIndian

Country flag
hmmm.. yes. the floor here is made out of floor.

yeah.... send a woman in 100 million$ aircraft to the front-lines. good luck with that.
don't ask me what happens and how she handles it, if the female pilot encounters a situation similar to abhinandan.
just 2 days ago 1 mig 21 pilot died, but barely any coverage. "cuz HE iS A MAn BRoO. "

cuz who cares bro.. indian taxslav.....i mean taxpayer is always ready to pay the price when dumb decisions are made.

i won't be suprised, if the media starts coverage on how many times she uses her phone a day, how many liters of water does she drink. how many times she uses her bathroom etc. "cuZ eMPOweRMenT."
What a pile of horse$hit. If this is how you view your women, god save you. Get well soon man. If it were a woman pilot in the seat of Abhinandan, she would have gotten the same if not better treatment. There have been many pilots who have piloted amidst action in the war of Kargil. Times have changed son, so should your views about women.

I am not a feminist but she is a hero the moment she chose to protect our skies and I am sure she is aware of the risks of the job the day she decided to take up this career, Indian Air Force is not a 3rd rate training school which would allow her to be piloting in clean weather.

airstrike99

Country flag
What a pile of horse$hit. If this is how you view your women, god save you. Get well soon man. If it were a woman pilot in the seat of Abhinandan, she would have gotten the same if not better treatment. There have been many pilots who have piloted amidst action in the war of Kargil. Times have changed son, so should your views about women.

I am not a feminist but she is a hero the moment she chose to protect our skies and I am sure she is aware of the risks of the job the day she decided to take up this career, Indian Air Force is not a 3rd rate training school which would allow her to be piloting in clean weather.
I am not a feminist but she is a hero the moment she chose to protect our skies
yeah..., only military people are the heroes of this nation. only farmers fill the stomachs of the entire country.
rest of all the population are just a bunch of fools who pay taxes and fund the army right.

If this is how you view your women, god save you.
you didn't even bother to read all my comments. and quickly jumped to conclusions. poor observational skills.

she would have gotten the same if not better treatment.
from whom; the pakistani villagers? that tried to kill of abhinandan after seeing him land.

so should your views about women.
what exactly are the views about women that i hold in my mind, that i should change?
and how exactly do you assume peoples minds and their views?

Haldilal

Country flag

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars I see women as Anapurna, As Grihane, who teaches, who cares, who loves, who sacrifice, who works for others. Who is selfless. Who is Supreme. Care for family. Fight for the loved one's But not as some one propaganda tool. Now time to get over this.

airstrike99

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars i see women as Anadata, As Grihane, who teaches, who cares, who loves, who sacrifice, who works for others. Who is selfless. Who is Supreme. Care for family. Fight for the loved one's But not as some one propaganda tool. Now time to get over this.
i think the right word is annapurna. not annadata for women.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Atleast we should not go the Chinese way to use women's as a propaganda tool. This is the lowest you can fall. The Chinese already has death over their hands for pushing their women's to death just for the Propaganda.

mokoman

Country flag
yeah..., only military people are the heroes of this nation. only farmers fill the stomachs of the entire country.
rest of all the population are just a bunch of fools who pay taxes and fund the army right.

you didn't even bother to read all my comments. and quickly jumped to conclusions. poor observational skills.

from whom; the pakistani villagers? that tried to kill of abhinandan after seeing him land.

what exactly are the views about women that i hold in my mind, that i should change?
You are overreacting , there is no SJW conspiracy here.

She is at very least good role model for changing our attitude towards working women .

:hmm: Dunno if you know this , but % of women in country's workforce is very low , called LFPR , female labour force participation rate , its only about 20% , china has higher rate (about 50 - 60) , comparable to western nations.Even islamic nation bangladesh has higher rate than us.

we are not gonna be a super power or catch up to China economically if large chunk of workforce is sitting at home making roti , washing clothes.

Haldilal

Country flag

She is at very least good role model for changing our attitude towards working women .

:hmm: Dunno if you know this , but % of women in country's workforce is very low , called LFPR , female labour force participation rate , its only about 20% , china has higher rate (about 50 - 60) , comparable to western nations.Even islamic nation bangladesh has higher rate than us.

we are not gonna be a super power or catch up to China economically if large chunk of workforce is sitting at home making roti , washing clothes.
Ya'll Nibbiars I knew what you did there. :megusta:

WarriorIndian

Country flag
Quote where I said that.

I did go through every inch of it and I still feel that you need to grow up.

Even if it did happen, as a soldier she would know what to do and an institution of the stature that of IAF would know its implications more than you or I do.

You did not leave me any scope for assumption man, its right there in open when you called a distinguished fighter pilot of the Indian Airforce a "Poster Girl"

airstrike99

Country flag

all those mean nothing unless you have enough resources to extract.
if you don't have enough resources, you have to keep on begging for foreign direct investments.
everyone knows where most of our resource wealth like gold and other metals went.

watch (india's bizzare adventure. mughal blood, colonial tendency, congress crusaders, modi is unbreakable etc.) to understand better.

once a lot of begging, simping & appeasement is done for FDIs, then all women and men can keep on extracting more and more resources( crude oil if foreign , shale oil in the west coast etc, more amount of lithium etc.)

and finally live some 80-100 yrs of lavish consoomer lives and then die.

airstrike99

Country flag

if large chunk of workforce is sitting at home making roti , washing clothes.
if you don't eat homemade rotis, you will end up eating street-made rotis.

technically no difference.

supply for home made rotis decreases as women go into mainstream work. that implies demand for any roti will naturally increase. so some people will see this opportunity and supply street-made roti to meet the demand. its the same. instead of your family women doing it, some outside man will do it. not much of a difference for technical pov. that won't change economy that much.

it depends on trust. will you trust your women or some company that doesn't let you know what they add or how to cook the rotis. cuz they naturally exist for profit just like any normal person.

while you are at it, you may enjoy some fine, exquisite delicacy of saliva smeared on some rotis made by some so called "peaceful community". :troll:

i will stick to my traditional women who cook for me with some love and affection.:lehappy:

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Sirji, you shashi throor in disguise?
Lol! It's impossible to reach the dizzy heights of his exotic vocabulary and A-level humour!!
Shashi Tharoor’s verbal prowess and oratory skills are mind-blowing! Need a hundred years more to even think of playing catchup! 🥴

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles