Authoritarian State of Canada

KurtisBrian

Country flag
Under Trudeau gov Canada has become an authoritarian state that cares little about civil liberties and value of people's voice in a democracy. This thread is to expose hypocrisy of westerners who criticized Indian gov's handling of various protests.
People of Canada are the Loyalists. We are the people who, in the Revolutionary War and War of 1812, didn't kill our own soldiers or rob our own people. If somebody wanted me, me, me, me first! fck the rest of you, civil liberties they should have gone to the old USA. Those currently seeking these liberties for themselves might now want to try Latin/South America, Africa, the ME or perhaps parts of South/Central Asia.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
People of Canada are the Loyalists. We are the people who, in the Revolutionary War and War of 1812, didn't kill our own soldiers or rob our own people. If somebody wanted me, me, me, me first! fck the rest of you, civil liberties they should have gone to the old USA. Those currently seeking these liberties for themselves might now want to try Latin/South America, Africa, the ME or perhaps parts of South/Central Asia.
Loyalty to the country, her values and the constitution is different from loyalty to the politician who pretends to follow it. So whom do you support here? Just curious.

KurtisBrian

Country flag
Loyalty to the country, her values and the constitution is different from loyalty to the politician who pretends to follow it. So whom do you support here? Just curious.
Any Canadian who supports his nation will support the Gov't.
What is constitutional is determined by the Judicial branch not individual citizens. Three parts of Gov't making up the Crown. One guy isn't the Gov't. He is just the face and voice of a part. A part supported by other parts.
The citizenry who wants to affect gov't either votes, runs for election or enters law aiming for judicial branch. Of course media also tries to manipulate the views of the population.

That is democracy.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
Any Canadian who supports his nation will support the Gov't.
What is constitutional is determined by the Judicial branch not individual citizens. Three parts of Gov't making up the Crown. One guy isn't the Gov't. He is just the face and voice of a part. A part supported by other parts.
The citizenry who wants to affect gov't either votes, runs for election or enters law aiming for judicial branch. Of course media also tries to manipulate the views of the population.

That is democracy.
Then why the pandemic response based on feedback from people?

After all in a parliamentary democracy, the representatives are the spokespersons and as such their feedback is all needed.

And if the people's feedback is all that is needed for govt to base their decision, scrap the parliament and just govern by votes instead of debates and discussions in parliament.

Problem with the current decisions of the Canadian govt is their utter disregard for parliamentary procedures, rights of people and giant ego.

Politics at it's heart is about consensus and this can only happen through discussion. Right now the govt is throwing a large section of population under the bus and refuses to engage them.
Your govt has lost the plot at this point.

KurtisBrian

Country flag
Then why the pandemic response based on feedback from people?

After all in a parliamentary democracy, the representatives are the spokespersons and as such their feedback is all needed.

And if the people's feedback is all that is needed for govt to base their decision, scrap the parliament and just govern by votes instead of debates and discussions in parliament.

Problem with the current decisions of the Canadian govt is their utter disregard for parliamentary procedures, rights of people and giant ego.

Politics at it's heart is about consensus and this can only happen through discussion. Right now the govt is throwing a large section of population under the bus and refuses to engage them.
Your govt has lost the plot at this point.

In Canada, the Gov't placed and enacted protocols based the recommendations of top health care professionals.

A democracy is about votes. Discussion at Parliament.

Did your Modi spend his days visiting and chatting at Sikh/farmer protests?

No? he eventually visited a Sikh Temple. Why didn't he go to the protests like you want Canada's leader to do?
Were Sikhs/farmers protesting for the right to spread a deadly disease that is killing millions? No, just wanted a different pricing mechanism.

karn

Country flag
In Canada, the Gov't placed and enacted protocols based the recommendations of top health care professionals.

No? he eventually visited a Sikh Temple. Why didn't he go to the protests like you want Canada's leader to do?
Were Sikhs/farmers protesting for the right to spread a deadly disease that is killing millions? No, just wanted a different pricing mechanism.
Not modi .. the agriculture minister spent his days chatting with the farmers .. perhaps you guys should follow your own advice and get your health minister secretary or whoever to talk to the truckers.. you guys being the champions of freedom to protest and all .. the longer the Canadian govt holds out the larger the list of demands the truckers will have .
Also this seizing of bank accounts will create an epic black market that is gonna screw your economy in the long run ..

prasadr14

PrasadReddy

Yes Modi's govt did have numerous discussions with farmer groups all along.
Rest everything regarding their rights to protest etc etc can be discussed but NOT having a dialog is utterly unacceptable.
In India, it's not the govt which gave up on talks, it's the farmer groups which eventually stopping coming for talks.

saying govt acted on recommendations of top health care professionals is a complete cop out.
We all know how sections of these professionals have behaved during the pandemic and how their recommendations have panned out.
I am all for vaccines BUT a vaccine which is supposed to provide immunity have evolved into second dose, 1st booster, 2nd booster and now "vaccine" every 3 months.
Now even I have become skeptic. Vaccine which is supposed was PROMISED would provide immunity now needs to be taken every 3 months.
If common people see murder in the shifting goal posts, disregard to engaging in discussion and draconian laws enacted, which incidentally seemed to apply to only common people and not for elite - it's the govt to blame.

Now emergency act - yeah your govt has officially declared war on it's own citizens who are demanding answers.

indiatester

Country flag

The Farm Laws were part of the BJP's election manifesto!!!
People who elected BJP wanted the farm laws!
Those protesting against it basically went against democratic principles and even then, the Indian govt engaged with them.

I doubt if you understand how democracy works. By the looks of it, Canada has been an authoritarian state in the guise of a democracy.

Last edited:

HitmanBlood

Country flag
People of Canada are.....

You are generalising people based on a skewed version of history ment to glorify past events. There is a big difference between 1812 and 2022. A lot has changed.

Loyalty

Loyalty goes both ways. Citizens have to have loyalty towards the system but people in that system should also have loyalty towards wellbeing of people. One way loyalty of people towards the state can only be expected in a dictatorship not in a democracy.

If somebody wanted me, me, me, me first! fck the rest of you, civil liberties they should have gone to the old USA.

Democracy is for the people and by the people. It doesn't say only people with certain opinions. Some opinions may be controversial, some may not. However in democratic society all people have a fundamental right to express their opinion in a non-violent way. This is civil liberty. Its not an American idea but a universal democratic principle.

Now friend, if Canada wants to ditch democracy and become another China or Cuba we won't be having this debate. Atleast they are honest. The reason why we are having this conversation in context of Canada is because Canadian elites where behaving like champions of democratic values and civil liberties few months ago. Now when its their turn to show their adherence to the values they preach so loudly, they are behaving no different than a typical third world dictatorial regime.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles