Professional
Re: Australia's first Muslim frontbencher abused for taking oath on Ko

He is a Bosniak.

They are a South Slavic ethnic group living mainly in Bosnia and Herzegovina

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod

Taking oath means someone is promising to be true to the cause he is been allowed to take charge of.

It should be a matter of satisfactions for those who are going to be affected by duties that fellow is going to dispose that he has taken an oath on something which is more pietistic to him, which will govern his conscious at the time he will be making decisions for them.

How I would trust a person who doesn't believe in something but swear of it.

Fools.

parijataka

Country flag

Australia has to learn much from India in secularism and equal respect to all faiths I believe.

How can Australia call itself secular if allegiance is to be sworn on the Bible ?

If Christians swear loyalty to the country on Bible then so must other Australian citizens be allowed to do the same on their holy books.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag

I think Australian people are confusing Husic as a Charitian (as he looks very white) who is appeasing muslims and pressing for Shriah, when he is a born Muslim from Muslims parents and seems liberal to me! :)

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

Australia has to learn much from India in secularism and equal respect to all faiths I believe.

How can Australia call itself secular if allegiance is to be sworn on the Bible ?

If Christians swear loyalty to the country on Bible then so must other Australian citizens be allowed to do the same on their holy books.
Not only Australia, most of these sanctimonious assholes like UK, Australia, etc. are actually terribly narrow-minded and xenophobic. If these buggers had the same kind of population mix as India has - 13% Muslims, 3% Christians, and a substantial sprinkling of many other faiths - these nations would have self-destructed long back.

It is easy to be peaceful and preach to "third world" nations when you are in such an easy position. These fellows will understand now, as the years progress. Serves them right for being so smug and sanctimonious and preaching to the whole world.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles