Australia must boost military to deal with China rise

Country flag
we must kick our BU*t right now . Australia is so far away from china but they are still taking preventive measures against chinese millitary buildup. but what about us? they are regulary invading our borders , destroying our army posts, arming Pakisthan from foot to neck. what we are waiting for?
chau
That's why I posted this it is a wake up call for us.

Country flag
The current Prime minister of Australia Kevin Rudd, has been very over-reaching towards China. He even speaks fluent chinese mandarin language. He was the one responsible for Australia pulling out of Indo-US-Japan-Australia alliance. Don't expect him to do anything that would ruffle few feathers in China.
he will have to do something if he wants to preserve his national integrity, everyone he knows he's an ass kisser, but a pro Chinese policy will cost him dearly, it already cost him billions in uranium trade with India by EDITED from the beginning refusing to sell.

Shiny Capstar

Professional
Australia has to accept the fact that there needs to be the USA Japan India Australia alliance,'the one that they dropped out from, when chinese pressured them.
ABCA will be more than sufficient for the foreseeable future, if they enter an alliance with India and Japan China will feel surrounded (it will give them an excuse for action, setting up more bases further away etc). It could also lead them into being pulled into wars they have no reason to be involved in, no offence but not many people at all in Australia are going to put their lives on the line for India or Japan.

Country flag
you are right Shiny I don't see them being involved in that manner, but Bush and the Japanese came up with that Idea and they were the first nation to drop outof the alliance,also if Taiwan falls Australia will also be in the Chinese sights, just like it was for the Japanese in ww2

Country flag
USA has provided the security blanket for Australia, and with current leadership and USA's economic problems, the Aussies don't feel so secure anymore.

Shiny Capstar

Professional
you are right Shiny I don't see them being involved in that manner, but Bush and the Japanese came up with that Idea and they were the first nation to drop outof the alliance,also if Taiwan falls Australia will also be in the Chinese sights, just like it was for the Japanese in ww2
What would the Chinese have to gain by going after Australia?

Shiny Capstar

Professional
USA has provided the security blanket for Australia, and with current leadership and USA's economic problems, the Aussies don't feel so secure anymore.
Well they need a modern force to protect their own interests, and if America is busy somewhere else in the world they still need to be able to defend themselves.

Country flag
Well they need a modern force to protect their own interests, and if America is busy somewhere else in the world they still need to be able to defend themselves.
Shiny I agree but how will they do that against the Chinese??

Country flag
also Australia wants the Raptor but USA has not hinted at giving it, but I understand the insecurity especially if Taiwan becomes a focal point in the not to distant future.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Sir but I still think...for Australia's coastline their navy is Insignificant. they need atleast 2 CBGs to protect themselves

Country flag
against China it will have to be an alliance Australia's population is very small, they will also have to seriously consider using nukes.

Shiny Capstar

Professional
also Australia wants the Raptor but USA has not hinted at giving it, but I understand the insecurity especially if Taiwan becomes a focal point in the not to distant future.
Well the current AF is more than happy with getting the F-35, as are most of the Government. They don't see a need for the F22, yet some people still cry for it.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Sir arent they already alligned with NATO?

Shiny Capstar

Professional
Sir but I still think...for Australia's coastline their navy is Insignificant. they need atleast 2 CBGs to protect themselves
Wouldn't be able to afford to maintain any proper CVBG's. Although the Canberra class LPD's will be able to handle F-35B's if the future need arises.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Sir I thought of having smaller aircraft carriers...These are far effective in dealing with the Chinese navy...and a good ABM will also help a lot.

Country flag
F-35 is a great plane but no amount of weapons can reduce this insecurity, A vast continent with great resources, I seriously wonder at times how much USA could do if this kind of scenario happened so far China has been successful against USA in a couple of wars
Korea,Vietnam, and arming Insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan, espionage in Serbia and setting up proxy states to do their bidding, and protecting rogue nations like Iran in UNSC issues.

Country flag
The ABCA alliance was created almost exclusively for Australia/New Zealand, this maybe a possible future flashpoint when Chinese expansion starts.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles