Astrological predictions thread!!!

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
:hmm: If astrology works why cant they use it in military intelligence.

Just ask all military personal to give their astrology readings.

if readings for all soldiers in platoon or brigade are bad that means that area of deployment will see action.

They wont do that , cause its all fraud.
Astrology is complete bollocks but if it helps people get their peace of mind I have no problem with it. The trick with astrologers is that they predict things so vaguely that anything fits their models/predictions. A rational perspective needs to be inculcated in the Indian populace. Sadly the land where the first rationalists and atheists lived about 2500 years ago has been transformed to such a place of ignorance.
Everything which we don't understand is fake?

Many people do believe things many don't it's all about prospective in history many scientist believed about different forces which existed many denied being atheists doesn't make someone extra intelligent.
When world was fighting whether earth is round or flat
Hindu astrology was way ahead of them

Aryabhata also followed astrology 🙄

Synergy

Country flag
hahaha...
got a place to put Nastradamus's prediction (I wrote a bit in Indo-China thread but that post was deleted. :p )...

a bit of preface : personally I don't believe in astrology. but a few times I've seen some predictions to become true and I don't know how that is possible. but still I don't believe in this.
(for an example - once an astrologer told me (I was a teen then), I may be devoid of paternal property and there will be a lot of legal involvements. one horoscope showed that too. it was next to impossible/absurd and that astrologer didn't know anything about my extended family or property or anything else. now I'm engaged in a legal suit for last 6/7 years (trying to mask timeframe. :D ) which even went to Hon'ble SC at ad interim injunction stage.)

a disclaimer : though I'm not sure about predictions, but I'm certain about, those stones or remidies can't change destiny. so no point in wasting money on those.

after WTC attack, if you can remember, there were many discussions on Nastradamus's predictions. out of curiosity I also started to search about the same. there I found some interesting predictions.

somewhere I saw, he predicted, from 2010/2015 or so, India will be ruled by Saints. I think it's not entirely wrong.

in 2010/2012 or so, WWIII will start. (timeline isn't matching or that was interpreted wrongly).
it will start with, a fireball (nukes?) will fall from the sky to the middle of the earth (probably Mediterranean sea). (though I don't think nukes. it may be conventional missile attack). (but he specifically mentioned something like "2 Suns in the sky")

in that war, at first China will capture a large portion of India, later India will gather courage and confidence and will repeal China under a leader called Cherian (Cherian means believer of cross. might be he meant, believer of The God).
China will attack France (ehh! why?)
China will have some Arab countries and ___ (that's not good) as ally.

India will emerge victorious and will lead the world after the war.

Let's see!!!

Last edited:

garg_bharat

Country flag
Is astrology true? Rishi says that future can be seen in seed form. Events can change; as humans have been given power by God freedom of action. Nothing can be achieved without action.

Rishi can see past like a movie but future can not be seen clearly.

All astrologers have hits and misses. Predicted events do not occur at times predicted. Sometimes predicted events do not occur at all. The reason is clearly that outcomes are bound to actions; and humans have freedom of action.

However 'chitta-vritti' is hard to change and course of events can be predicted with high accuracy. Timing cannot be predicted with high accuracy.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Bharat is helped by Rishis. Even at times when collapse of Vedic civilization seemed certain, an invisible hand has helped Bharat. This invisible hand is likely to save Bharat again and again in future.

Chinese can try but cannot win the war.

Indrajit

Country flag
Well...I guess that was all we needed, an astrology thread on a defence forum..:pound:

Reminds me of how many spells ,incantations and astrological predictions were done by the Tibetan monks when the Chinese were invading. A pity it didn’t work.....:)

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
:hmm: If astrology works why cant they use it in military intelligence.

Just ask all military personal to give their astrology readings.

if readings for all soldiers in platoon or brigade are bad that means that area of deployment will see action.

They wont do that , cause its all fraud.
This is not for or against astrology...
It is well known that during WWI and WWI both sides including leaders of UK like Churchill and Hitler kept astrological charts of the opponents and the generals and did take astrology into account in planning campaigns and operations.. .. Give me a general with bad stars...

It was a tradition in Indian Courts to keep a Court astrologer. There are specific method and techniques to predict outcome of battles that were used which got lost under Western rationality and modern Education. Methos like Swara Shastra etc were enumerated by Samar Jai Singh and techniques like Kota Chakra, Arista Tripataki, Kala Sarp Chakra and many other methods were used towards attacking and battling the forts.

Since those are no longer in use, the knowledge has died with court astrologers..

warriorextreme

Country flag
I am usually not the one who believes in astrology (Although I never out rightly deny anything that I don't understand). I have also seen friends & family members spending money on different astrologers who give different predictions.

However I think Indian astrology may have gotten adulterated over time due to various geopolitical factors & the current version we have is not as accurate as it might have been thousands of years ago when it was first defined (Mostly in oral traditions as it always had been during ancient times in Bharatavarsha).

I was however surprised when this boy predicted a global danger in August 2019 itself.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
I don't believe that your father exists. does it mean you don't know your father's name or were you born to an animal?

just because you don't believe in something, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist or its fraud. you have the right to believe whatever fuck you want to believe. likewise, others also have the right to believe whatever the fuck they want to believe. if somebody wants to believe in astrology, that's their fucking problem. if you don't want to believe in astrology then that's your fucking problem. nobody is going to change anyone's belief and opinion here.

if you don't believe in Vedic astrology and if you can't positively contribute to this thread, then get the fuck out and go and troll around in another thread.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
I am usually not the one who believes in astrology (Although I never out rightly deny anything that I don't understand). I have also seen friends & family members spending money on different astrologers who give different predictions.

However I think Indian astrology may have gotten adulterated over time due to various geopolitical factors & the current version we have is not as accurate as it might have been thousands of years ago when it was first defined (Mostly in oral traditions as it always had been during ancient times in Bharatavarsha).

I was however surprised when this boy predicted a global danger in August 2019 itself.

since you are curious, I can site you 100's of astrologers who practice mundane astrology (the study of countries, famous personalities, global events, etc) since the last 5 years who have clearly called out the possibility of war with China in later part of 2020.

below is one such astrology calculation, published in 2017, clearly calls out whatever happened this year.

my stand is neutral when it comes to astrology, I can neither believe nor disbelieve. but I am simply curious.

warriorextreme

Country flag
since you are curious, I can site you 100's of astrologers who practice mundane astrology (the study of countries, famous personalities, global events, etc) since the last 5 years who have clearly called out the possibility of war with China in later part of 2020.

below is one such astrology calculation, published in 2017, clearly calls out whatever happened this year.

my stand is neutral when it comes to astrology, I can neither believe nor disbelieve. but I am simply curious.
Thanks for the link, this is interesting.

Also I too am neutral about anything that I do not fully understand. If astrology points me towards something that I should be careful about then I will be more cautious & no harm can come from being cautious in general.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
This is not for or against astrology...
It is well known that during WWI and WWI both sides including leaders of UK like Churchill and Hitler kept astrological charts of the opponents and the generals and did take astrology into account in planning campaigns and operations.. .. Give me a general with bad stars...

It was a tradition in Indian Courts to keep a Court astrologer. There are specific method and techniques to predict outcome of battles that were used which got lost under Western rationality and modern Education. Methos like Swara Shastra etc were enumerated by Samar Jai Singh and techniques like Kota Chakra, Arista Tripataki, Kala Sarp Chakra and many other methods were used towards attacking and battling the forts.

Since those are no longer in use, the knowledge has died with court astrologers..
Claiming both sides kept astrological charts is a gross misrepresentation of facts.

The Germans,or specifically Hitler believed in astrology while the Allies used it for propaganda. Hitler was a known believer of the occult and mystic myths. His reliance on astrological mumbo jumbo clouded his judgement and led to the ill fated invasion of Soviet Union which ultimately backfired on him.

As for Churchill he was not in favour of astrology and the MI5 even disapproved of the astrologers they hired for propaganda purposes.

P.S. Also WW 2 generals using astrological predictions is laughable.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
I don't believe that your father exists. does it mean you don't know your father's name or were you born to an animal?

just because you don't believe in something, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist or its fraud. you have the right to believe whatever fuck you want to believe. likewise, others also have the right to believe whatever the fuck they want to believe. if somebody wants to believe in astrology, that's their fucking problem. if you don't want to believe in astrology then that's your fucking problem. nobody is going to change anyone's belief and opinion here.

if you don't believe in Vedic astrology and if you can't positively contribute to this thread, then get the fuck out and go and troll around in another thread.
What is VEDIC ASTROLOGY??

Does VEDIC ASTROLOGY exist or is it a mere figment of imagination? A mere mishmash of utter tripe and nonsense put together and given the prefix of VEDIC to make it seem as if it has any connection to our great religious scriptures???

The truth is there is no astrology in the Vedas. Zilch. Nada. The Vedas talk about Hymns and pabitra mantras and not about astrology. Astrology as a field developed much later after the compilation of the Vedas.

There is a theory that the astrology we tout as Indian astrology is nothing but the adaptation of Greek astrology/Zodiacs which was brought to India by the invading Macedonian army of Alexander.

Indian Astrology is not related to our holy texts. Any such connection is preposterous or a later manipulation and adulteration of texts. Remember there is a difference in ASTROLOGY and ASTRONOMY(which was there in the vedas.)

Read this answers from Quora verbatim

Venkatraman Trv

I have similar opinions like Shri Sharad’s Mahale and Shri Krishna Iyer. I slightly know Rig Veda and Yajur Veda. There are Nakshatra (stellar constellations) suktha and Navagraha (Nine influential houses) suktha. One of the Veda angas (limbs of Veda) is astronomy. No doubt the astronomical knowledge was advanced. But there was no astrology in Vedas. It is later developed knowledge. The development may have taken place while dividing time. Year, Month and day and night divisions were calculated precisely. The word for day/night is Aho-ratra. From end syllables, word hora was formed. This word may have been later known to indicate ‘hour’ in English. Such divisions of time along with the planetary positions and position of constellations over the day and night, could be precisely determined by a mathematicians having a knowledge on astronomy. This is how panchang or almanac is made. Such calculations have helped in determining the time of birth or start of festivals, etc. (If you visit Jantar Mantar in Jaipur, you will amazed to find how precisely, a time can be found out during day or night). Based on the place and time and day of birth, whether the astrologer calculates manually or an amateur feeds into computer with astrology software, the output will be more or less identical. But predictions are not sourced in Vedas and are not scientific. This is not to condemn astrology. There are great astrologers, though a handful, who can generally advise the seeker. Such astrologers do not predict. They usually give sane advises, so that the seeker’s mind is cleared of confusion and he/she can solve the problems and progress in life.

Krishna Iyer

Nothing. Absolutely nothing in Vedas about Astrology.

I would go one more step to say that Vedas don't talk about even Spirituality. Those who see and believe that Vedas are all about spirituality, have actually not read them properly or have not read at all!

Vedas are about Cosmology. Every hymn of Rig Veda is about Creation and Particle physics. The full works. It doesn't talk about our earth, sun and moon. It's all on Universal Scale!

Then, again, it doesn't answer other branches of science.

I hope this helps some DFIans who have a genuine curiosity about "Vedic" astrology.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I have told this incident on some other thread as well, when we were looking for bridegroom for my sister, in 6 months we had seen 3 boys who liked my sister but their family background was dubious so we didn't agree.

My mom was very worried about my sister's marriage. Mom was a govt teacher, once her colleague (Saheli) Mrs. Sudha Sharma came to our home during lunch time, she was a palmist and had knowledge of Kundali, so my mom asked her about my sister, she looked at her palm and Kundali and screamed "Are !! La mithai la, iska lagan to aaj ya kal me hi ho jayega😮" " tu likh ke lele agar aaj ya kal me iska lagan nahi hua to mera naam badal dena" then she and my mom left for school at 3:00 PM and my Jeejaji came to see my sister at 5:00PM from Gujarat to Chhattisgarh. On next day marriage was fixed and engagement was carried on.

tsunami

Country flag
I have told this incident on some other thread as well, when we were looking for bridegroom for my sister, in 6 months we had seen 3 boys who liked my sister but their family background was dubious so we didn't agree.

My mom was very worried about my sister's marriage. Mom was a govt teacher, once her colleague (Saheli) Mrs. Sudha Sharma came to our home during lunch time, she was a palmist and had knowledge of Kundali, so my mom asked her about my sister, she looked at her palm and Kundali and screamed "Are !! La mithai la, iska lagan to aaj ya kal me hi ho jayega😮" " tu likh ke lele agar aaj ya kal me iska lagan nahi hua to mera naam badal dena" then she and my mom left for school at 3:00 PM and my Jeejaji came to see my sister at 5:00PM from Gujarat to Chhattisgarh. On next day marriage was fixed and engagement was carried on.
Teri mummy ki saheli ka number de... mujhe bhi kuch puchna hai.

But yes I too had some interest in understanding the concept so I started to learn it. All I can say it's a knowledge which will take years to master it and still it's hit or miss.

I once asked an astrologer about my job change and he predicted exact date on which I would have joined next company. But the same astrologer wasn't very accurate in other predictions.

garg_bharat

Country flag

Does VEDIC ASTROLOGY exist or is it a mere figment of imagination? A mere mishmash of utter tripe and nonsense put together and given the prefix of VEDIC to make it seem as if it has any connection to our great religious scriptures???

The truth is there is no astrology in the Vedas. Zilch. Nada. The Vedas talk about Hymns and pabitra mantras and not about astrology. Astrology as a field developed much later after the compilation of the Vedas.

There is a theory that the astrology we tout as Indian astrology is nothing but the adaptation of Greek astrology/Zodiacs which was brought to India by the invading Macedonian army of Alexander.

Indian Astrology is not related to our holy texts. Any such connection is preposterous or a later manipulation and adulteration of texts. Remember there is a difference in ASTROLOGY and ASTRONOMY(which was there in the vedas.)

Venkatraman Trv

I have similar opinions like Shri Sharad’s Mahale and Shri Krishna Iyer. I slightly know Rig Veda and Yajur Veda. There are Nakshatra (stellar constellations) suktha and Navagraha (Nine influential houses) suktha. One of the Veda angas (limbs of Veda) is astronomy. No doubt the astronomical knowledge was advanced. But there was no astrology in Vedas. It is later developed knowledge. The development may have taken place while dividing time. Year, Month and day and night divisions were calculated precisely. The word for day/night is Aho-ratra. From end syllables, word hora was formed. This word may have been later known to indicate ‘hour’ in English. Such divisions of time along with the planetary positions and position of constellations over the day and night, could be precisely determined by a mathematicians having a knowledge on astronomy. This is how panchang or almanac is made. Such calculations have helped in determining the time of birth or start of festivals, etc. (If you visit Jantar Mantar in Jaipur, you will amazed to find how precisely, a time can be found out during day or night). Based on the place and time and day of birth, whether the astrologer calculates manually or an amateur feeds into computer with astrology software, the output will be more or less identical. But predictions are not sourced in Vedas and are not scientific. This is not to condemn astrology. There are great astrologers, though a handful, who can generally advise the seeker. Such astrologers do not predict. They usually give sane advises, so that the seeker’s mind is cleared of confusion and he/she can solve the problems and progress in life.

Krishna Iyer

I would go one more step to say that Vedas don't talk about even Spirituality. Those who see and believe that Vedas are all about spirituality, have actually not read them properly or have not read at all!

Vedas are about Cosmology. Every hymn of Rig Veda is about Creation and Particle physics. The full works. It doesn't talk about our earth, sun and moon. It's all on Universal Scale!

I hope this helps some DFIans who have a genuine curiosity about "Vedic" astrology.
Yes the Rishi clearly denounced mundane astrology. You are correct that Vedas do not prescribe mundane astrology (phalit jyotish).

Rishi does not need any jyotish or charts. He can read the soul. Each soul keeps a minute by minute record of its existence over billions of years.

But these are deep truths which a common man cannot understand.

Kaliyuga is about magic; science and machines. This is what appeals to basic instincts of men.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

Venkatraman Trv

Krishna Iyer

Jyotish is a vedanga that is one of the essential part of knowing the vedas..

Yes it is true that Vedic astrology or astronomy was constellation and nine planets bbased. Nothing much has changed now except for deviding the 27 Nakshtras into twelve equal parts called signs.

Vedic astronomy or astrology is essentially a timekeeping mechanism and about deciding auspiciousness or inauspiciousness of time. All those who are poh poohing it do not know anything about India and are basically urban rats.

In India. everything depends on astrology. The concept of time recocked in hours is the Indian concept of "Hora". Seven days of the week and their order is Vedic system of the cycle of Hora. Indian Solar Months and lunar months and its synthecisation into Soli- Lunar Calender is Vedic in essence.

In India, right from the time of one's birth, to death, all activities are governed by Vedic timekeeping. No ceremony can ever be accomplished without time and space and it being mentioned in one's vow called Sankalpa. We have an Arya Samaji Garg with us. Ask him if any fire ritual (yagnya ) can ever be performed without time and space and can a yagnya be considered complete without mentioning it... Bharatvarshe .. bharatkahnde.. chaitra mase. shukla paksho, dwitiya titho, Shobhana uge, abhijta Muhurte... ete etc.

No farmer tills his land without auspicious time. entire rain cycle mainly mansion was decided by astronomical calculation by the village astrologer and accurate predictions about rains would be made better than met deptt. All sixteen samskaars are decided on vedic astrology...

All festivals. fasts, auspicious religious days are decided on accurate calculations which given the live of billions in India..

Mr Garg says there is no Phalita - How can one come to know that constellation of Rahu is bad and the constellation of Indra or Mitra are good. If not falit what is it..

Do not advance irrational arguments to defend rationality. That would be the biggest damage one can do to principles of rationality... Indian astrology governs the lives of billions in India provided one understands what astrology means..

Adrian Corvus

Country flag
Teri mummy ki saheli ka number de... mujhe bhi kuch puchna hai.

But yes I too had some interest in understanding the concept so I started to learn it. All I can say it's a knowledge which will take years to master it and still it's hit or miss.

I once asked an astrologer about my job change and he predicted exact date on which I would have joined next company. But the same astrologer wasn't very accurate in other predictions.
Astrology, even if you believe it or not sure is interesting, and I think we must respect others' beliefs (the only people I don't respect are flat-earthers because of a personal encounter, also like seriously how blind and dumb can they get).
I've personally never encountered anyone who is into astrology.
Being a open-minded atheist (more like agnostic), I would love to know how astrology works...
P.S. This is random but I am a wannabe astrophysicists and am into astronomy but some people mistake it for astrology😝, I just wish people were more aware about both astrology and astronomy)

garg_bharat

Country flag
Jyotish is a vedanga that is one of the essential part of knowing the vedas..

Yes it is true that Vedic astrology or astronomy was constellation and nine planets bbased. Nothing much has changed now except for deviding the 27 Nakshtras into twelve equal parts called signs.

Vedic astronomy or astrology is essentially a timekeeping mechanism and about deciding auspiciousness or inauspiciousness of time. All those who are poh poohing it do not know anything about India and are basically urban rats.

In India. everything depends on astrology. The concept of time recocked in hours is the Indian concept of "Hora". Seven days of the week and their order is Vedic system of the cycle of Hora. Indian Solar Months and lunar months and its synthecisation into Soli- Lunar Calender is Vedic in essence.

In India, right from the time of one's birth, to death, all activities are governed by Vedic timekeeping. No ceremony can ever be accomplished without time and space and it being mentioned in one's vow called Sankalpa. We have an Arya Samaji Garg with us. Ask him if any fire ritual (yagnya ) can ever be performed without time and space and can a yagnya be considered complete without mentioning it... Bharatvarshe .. bharatkahnde.. chaitra mase. shukla paksho, dwitiya titho, Shobhana uge, abhijta Muhurte... ete etc.

No farmer tills his land without auspicious time. entire rain cycle mainly mansion was decided by astronomical calculation by the village astrologer and accurate predictions about rains would be made better than met deptt. All sixteen samskaars are decided on vedic astrology...

All festivals. fasts, auspicious religious days are decided on accurate calculations which given the live of billions in India..

Mr Garg says there is no Phalita - How can one come to know that constellation of Rahu is bad and the constellation of Indra or Mitra are good. If not falit what is it..

Do not advance irrational arguments to defend rationality. That would be the biggest damage one can do to principles of rationality... Indian astrology governs the lives of billions in India provided one understands what astrology means..
Jyotish is a 'vedanga' which is science of time keeping using position of stars in the sky.

'phalit jyotish' is not a vedanga and its origin is probably Egypt.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles