Astra BVRAAM

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
F 16 are old are capable of age bvr which has became new wvr.

heck they can be jammed using su 30 mki pesa radar :rofl:
For your kind Those F-16s have AIM-1205C which has a range of 100+ kms which is truly BVR.

Are you trying to say that isn't BVR? The fact is that it is BVR. I say this again Don't underestimate your enemy.

Super Flanker

Country flag
So that was the reason they dodged it
No. SU-30 MKI had employed many tactics to evade the Barrage of AIM-120C5 fired by F-16s. Jamming was one of them and also another Factor was manouveres by the SU-30 MKI to dodge them.

Super Flanker

Country flag
and what about radar ??

is that radar bvr capable ??
I am not sure about the Radar.

I think so only PAF F-16 block 50/52 are the Ones which are BVR Capable. The remaining F-16s don't have Radar for BVR.
the desperation was so high that they had fired amraam from out of nez :pound::pound::pound::pound:
I know right? This just proves how Unprofessional Pakistan Airforce is in BVR Tactics.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
Dont think their objective was to shoot down the SU30, more like scare it and keep it occupied until they dropped bombs, but sh!t hit the fan when the Mig21s intercepted aggressively.
no, imo it was one of their main objectives of swift retort shit retard mission.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Dont think their objective was to shoot down the SU30, more like scare it and keep it occupied until they dropped bombs, but sh!t hit the fan when the Mig21s intercepted aggressively.
Their Objective was:
  • To shoot down an Aircraft like a SU-30 MKI
  • To bomb our Brigade headquarters and Military Installations
  • Fly in our Airspace.
What was the Outcome?
  • Could not shoot down even one SU-30 MKI despite having numerical advantage and BVR Advantage. Lobbed AMRAAMs and all failed to miss.
  • Missed all targets and ran away by losing an F-16 to a MIG-21 bison.
Hence Swift Retort became Swift Retreat! Mission fail!

Super Flanker

Country flag
This is a max range, in a near ballistical trajectory with quite no energy left for manoeuvring. Maybe potent against a civil airliner, in a straight flight...
The No Escape Range of such a missile is more in the 25km range.
No. The AMRAAM AIM-120C5 is said to have a Maximum range of 105-110 kms atleast and not 100 only and the NEZ of a missile like Mica is 30kms which is similar to the AIM-120C5/C7 etc so I would conclude by saying that AIM-120C5 has a maximum range of 105-110 and an NEZ of 30Kms.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles