Astra BVRAAM

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
1. Astra Mk. 2 is still in development.
2. That is because we don't won the IP and source code of most mission computers for our aircraft. It will be meaningless to pay Russians to integrate Atra in Mig-29 when then shall shall start retiring by end of this decade. Same goes for Mirage. As for Rafale Meteor is more advanced than Astra Mk. 2hence we are not trying to integrate it. Lets see how things pan out for Astra Mk. 3
1. It will be in development and blah blah stages till 2040, and first lot of Astra MK2 will be delivered by 2045, yet it won't beat 1990's AIM 120

2. We pay shit load of money to Russians in every fighter jet procurement, yet Russians shove a big nail in our asses when we ask about IP rights, but it's not the same for other countries, we see Mirage with R73 and so on, It's better we don't waste money on shit things like developing BVR and things, instead of use the money and resource in somewhere else

vishnugupt

Country flag
@vishnugupt your radicalism is needed here. See how they are defaming our PSUs above.
I never ever said PSUs are efficient. In fact, they all will die down soon. But yes, giving the tantrums and dishonesty of import hungry UN armed forces, None can perform even private players are running away.

The defense industry of a country revolves around its Armed forces and how it treats local players. Show me a defense industry that is flourishing while its Armed forces are importing more than 60 % of weapons from outside.

Please do tell me, Despite of favorable FDI conditions, PMO, MoD invitations, and Atmanirbhar campaign why private players are not participating as they are doing in other sectors.

Pinaka and Shivalik grenade ordered in bulk and see whole manufacturing lines shifted to the private player. but the same can't be done for other projects because the Armed forces don't give viable order.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
I never ever said PSUs are efficient. In fact, they all will die down soon. But yes, giving the tantrums and dishonesty of import hungry UN armed forces, None can perform even private players are running away.

The defense industry of a country revolves around its Armed forces and how it treats local players. Show me a defense industry that is flourishing while its Armed forces are importing more than 60 % of weapons from outside.

Please do tell me, Despite of favorable FDI conditions, PMO, MoD invitations, and Atmanirbhar campaign why private players are not participating as they are doing in other sectors.

Pinaka and Shivalik grenade ordered in bulk and see whole manufacturing lines shifted to the private player. but the same can't be done for other projects because the Armed forces don't give viable order.
Plus there is differnec between grenades and missiles

vishnugupt

Country flag
Plus there is differnec between grenades and missiles
BrahMos is being mass-produced by Godrej because of order numbers and the size of the deal. Who will invest to manufacture 250 Astra missiles, 300 Nag missiles, 118 Arjun?. No one.

Moreover, Government is doing radical reforms to bring changes but our United nations Armed forces remain stubborn to any change...... same Initially blocking projects, Not giving proper/doable requirements, Changing requirements during prototype phage then project spiral into repeated summer trials, winter trials, monsoon trials, development trials, user trials, User exploitation trials, User validation trials, Mars- Moon trials...... then ordering 10-12 units. Obviously, it will take 20 years for development and everybody would lose interest.

SavageKing456

Country flag
I don't know why some dephense exfarts literally worship private companies muhhh India's Lockheed Martin muhh indian Boeing.
Private companies would be worse than PSU if they keep their screwdriver giri on and not invest in R&D.
PSU's aren't saint either but have you ever thought how much budget they get to build RnD ecosystem compared to the requirements of Indian armed forces and workload?

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
PSU are lazy no 1 and wanted their nose in every projects, in order to get the name, and they force the Indian Armed forces to accept whatever shit they produce, you should read some served officials posts here in this own forum,

and its not the Armed forces killing private players, its the DPSU killing the private players by not allowing them to compete in tenders or not allowing them to use proper test grounds, one simple example is how Kalyani and TATA fight with DPSU and other influenced org to get a test ground to test their artillery. DPSU tried thier best to not offer the testing ground to private players, and I'm telling you its the DPSU not allowing the ATAGS procurement, don't tell me its the OFB who given blue prints to develop the ATAGS

I want to know only one platform which works well in Armed forces which was produced by DPSU, be it INSAS or be it ALH or whatever , its all same shit

so stop throwing your shit to Armed forces and focus on the incompetent coward DPSU

Go and Check out Kalyani, BF, TATA and many other private players, DRDO has almost similar like products which is in paper, that they can make it once Armed forces show interest

have you ever had why Kestral was not selected, and why BMP modification was not given to TATA's, any idea why it tooks so bloody long to sign the C295 deal

why Kalyani's Garuda not selected, there is many more,

literally DPSU won't let the private players to enter the defense sector, if Private sector enters the armed forces then thats the death sentence of DPSU

The whole pinaka is not made by private players, TATA and L&T makes only the truck and rocket body, whole other things under OFB and only, and OFB won't give much components to ramp up the production, so they know who's the boss of the production line

you literally took all wrong here, go see the real world

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
I don't know why some dephense exfarts literally worship private companies muhhh India's Lockheed Martin muhh indian Boeing.
Private companies would be worse than PSU if they keep their screwdriver giri on and not invest in R&D.
PSU's aren't saint either but have you ever thought how much budget they get to build RnD ecosystem compared to the requirements of Indian armed forces and workload?
let me tell you something
ever heard of VEM Technologies
ever heard of Kalyani
ever heard of Tonbo
ever heard of Alpha systems

all these peoples gives critical technology to DPSU to make products like ATGM, Optics and Many more

if they comes with their own fully finished project, then thats the end of their life, DPSU pull the trigger and close their workshop forever

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles