Astra BVRAAM

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It's probably better as an awacs killer that too with less range than other awacs killers. For a fighter aircraft sized targets IMO it's just ok not something extraordinary. Chinese tend to hype their products while Indians underestimate their products.
That what I said in my Rafale's Vs J 20's Post's it's has NEZ's of comparable to the MICA Missile not meter's missile's.

Chinmoy

Country flag
No missile is in development's with a dual ramjet's, but proposal's for hybrid ramjet's have been Made's.
But what is a Dual Ramjet? Make me understand that first.

You might be either talking of Dual Intake RAMJET or Dual Pulse Motor or Dual Mode RAMJET.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Doesn't ramjet require air vents?

Ok, I will explain in details what I am talking about is not about the Standard's PL 15's missiles but an experiential PL 15's version's with dual intake ram jet's under testing's. Dont knew about it's status or is it will succeed the current's Pl 15's or not's.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
But what is a Dual Ramjet? Make me understand that first.

You might be either talking of Dual Intake RAMJET or Dual Pulse Motor or Dual Mode RAMJET.
I am not talking about dual ram jet, but about the dual intake and dual mode ramjet that the new variant's of PL 15's posses, but take it with a pinch of salt's for any Chinese missile's.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Even the standard PL 15's has a dual mode to increase it's range according to the chinese's. But take it's with a pinch of salt for any chinese Missile's. I have explained in details in the Rafale Verses J 20's BVRAAM's Engagment's on the sino border conflict's.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Even the standard PL 15's has a dual mode to increase it's range according to the chinese's. But take it's with a pinch of salt for any chinese Missile's. I have explained in details in the Rafale Verses J 20's BVRAAM's Engagment's on the sino border conflict's.
It is having dual pulse solid rocket motor.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Even the standard PL 15's has a dual mode to increase it's range according to the chinese's. But take ir with a salt of pich for any chinese Missile's. I have explained in details in the Rafale Verses J 20's BVRAAM's Engagment's on the sino border conflict's.
Yeah, DMR. Chinese are good at playing with words. DMR doesn't increase range per se. It only enables a RAMJET engine to perform at subsonic speed along with supersonic speed. So technically you don't require a rocket motor to boost the missile.
But Chinese sure would increase the range by transgressing in the distance territory.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yeah, DMR. Chinese are good at playing with words. DMR doesn't increase range per se. It only enables a RAMJET engine to perform at subsonic speed along with supersonic speed. So technically you don't require a rocket motor to boost the missile.
But Chinese sure would increase the range by transgressing in the distance territory.
Yes like that they get their so called unbeatable range, but always take the Chinese weapons at 30 percentage exgrationes, they claim a range of 300 Km, but in in reality it's less than meteors more similar to the 200 km less range's.

tsunami

Country flag
Do we have any details of dimensions of Astra Mk-2 and time for first test??

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles