Astra BVRAAM

Chinmoy

Country flag
I am sorry I didn't know how ill informed person you are. IAF never ordered LSP so how can on earth anyone give you proof??
Let me educate you!
LSP was never ordered by IAF. LSP initially meant for IAF evaluation ( ADA would have provide LSP to IAF free of cost ) but never transferred to IAF because as Tejas was running in delay so a decision was taken in 2006 to keep LSP with ADA for further testing that's why there was no such thing exist.... May be you are hallucinating.

FSED phase2 is developmental stages of HAL Tejas where HAL was primary integrator and ADA was Designer.
Now you will ask where is Contract between ADA and HAL ??
This contract came in existence when Tejas program was conceived in 1983 so no separate contract was needed.
You shamelessly asking for proof of something which can be seen by a blind person... LSP you can see, FSED phase2 proof is there which includes LSP production. But you can't give me a clear proof where 50 Astra was ordered. Any IAF account, clearance by cabinate committee, log book of BDL, any new missile on Tejas, Mig 29 or Su-30. But all you are giving random reference given by a person in his own capacity.
What screen shot you have attached is true only for prototypes but not for 50 LSP missiles
I think you should move on
Exactly. IAF never ordered LSP for Tejas nor IA/IAF ordered LSP for LCH which DRDO/HAL also confirmed. But on other hand when DRDO confirmed that they have received order for LSP of Astra, you started comparing it with LCH and Tejas.

So who is ill informed ?????

Belagutti

Country flag
Exactly. IAF never ordered LSP for Tejas nor IA/IAF ordered LSP for LCH which DRDO/HAL also confirmed. But on other hand when DRDO confirmed that they have received order for LSP of Astra, you started comparing it with LCH and Tejas.

So who is ill informed ?????
Isn't the manufacture of the Astras missile Bharat Dynamics?

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Astra Mk2 will be superior to AIM-120D and PL-15 missile: Source

idrw.org .Read more at India No 1 Defence News Website https://idrw.org/astra-mk2-will-be-superior-to-aim-120d-and-pl-15-missile-source/ .

...While DRDO officially has been tight-lipped about next-generation Astra, it’s more or less has been confirmed that Astra Mk2 will have longer range and will have a higher fuel capacity along with a new conventional motor which will be designed to match or be superior to American AIM-120D and Chinese PL-15 missile long range Air-to-Air missiles, which for the first time has been confirmed to idrw.org that the range will be approx 160-180 km while the actual range of the missile will remain classified...

Source :- idrw.org .Read more at India No 1 Defence News Website https://idrw.org/astra-mk2-will-be-superior-to-aim-120d-and-pl-15-missile-source/ .

IndianHawk

Country flag
Astra Mk2 will be superior to AIM-120D and PL-15 missile: Source

idrw.org .Read more at India No 1 Defence News Website https://idrw.org/astra-mk2-will-be-superior-to-aim-120d-and-pl-15-missile-source/ .

...While DRDO officially has been tight-lipped about next-generation Astra, it’s more or less has been confirmed that Astra Mk2 will have longer range and will have a higher fuel capacity along with a new conventional motor which will be designed to match or be superior to American AIM-120D and Chinese PL-15 missile long range Air-to-Air missiles, which for the first time has been confirmed to idrw.org that the range will be approx 160-180 km while the actual range of the missile will remain classified...

Source :- idrw.org .Read more at India No 1 Defence News Website https://idrw.org/astra-mk2-will-be-superior-to-aim-120d-and-pl-15-missile-source/ .
No surprise there I have been saying this all along. Same goes for derby ER which will come with lca mk1a making it most deadly long range bvr after meteor in subcontinent.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
No surprise there I have been saying this all along. Same goes for derby ER which will come with lca mk1a making it most deadly long range bvr after meteor in subcontinent.
Will the Astra MK 2 have a Dual Ramjet Mortar's.

A chauhan

Country flag
Now we should leave India-China border tension on IA and concentrate on pressurizing indigenous defence productions and procurement. It's the time to put pressure on govt and DRDO for speeding up various projects..

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Pl15 also has dual thrust motor. But I don't know it's weight so not sure how bulky it is cause that makes all the difference between awacs killers or fighter jet killers.
Pl 15's has Dual Ramjet's not a pulse jet's, correct me if I am wrong's.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Yes that was true, but now they are testing new variant's of PL 15's with the new Dual Ramjet's Morter's.
Don't know sounds dubious. Even pl15 itself is shrouded in mystery . Russian compare it to r37m which means it's probably just and awacs killer and useless against fast jets.

Never trust Chinese sources lots of bullshit there .

A chauhan

Country flag
Yes that was true, but now they are testing new variant's of PL 15's with the new Dual Ramjet's Morter's.
It's probably better as an awacs killer that too with less range than other awacs killers. For a fighter aircraft sized targets IMO it's just ok not something extraordinary. Chinese tend to hype their products while Indians underestimate their products.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles