Astra BVRAAM

garg_bharat

Country flag
I was asking why astra can't be integrated onto the current tejas airframes....?
Did i misunderstand your post ?
Because radar does not support it. Active radar seeker works only for last 25km. Rest of the time radar has to track and pass information to missile.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Then what is he smoking ??
There are two Israeli radars involved. Integration is with EL/M 2052 likely. Basically no firing trials as correct platform does not exist.

However current EL/M 2032 radar can be replaced with EL/M 2052 radar or Uttam radar in current production aircrafts. It is not clear if it is being done.

IndianHawk

Country flag
There are two Israeli radars involved. Integration is with EL/M 2052 likely. Basically no firing trials as correct platform does not exist.

However current EL/M 2032 radar can be replaced with EL/M 2052 radar or Uttam radar in current production aircrafts. It is not clear if it is being done.
Current lca radar is a hybrid of Israel drdo tech.

I don't know what correct platform are you talking about. If it's about Astra and lca then lca mk1 itself is capable of integrating Astra.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Current lca radar is a hybrid of Israel drdo tech.

I don't know what correct platform are you talking about. If it's about Astra and lca then lca mk1 itself is capable of integrating Astra.
Ok I will take your word for it. Hope you are correct.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Sir are you a member of the Proof Gang ?
Since when are you on defence forum or tracking indigenous projects?? I really don't know but if you say one thing and do just opposite sooner or later people become cautious about your actions and start scrutinising your every steps. same goes with our Armed forces.
I am not antagonizing IAF claims but questioning claims made by individuals as their own without backing up by an institution. Im asking for claims made by institution not by people in his own capacity.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Ok I will take your word for it. Hope you are correct.
Initially they were planning to integrate Astra directly to mk1a as all mk1 will eventually be converted to mk1a.

But now it seems mk1 itself might get it.

It was never about radar capability but about double effort.

Belagutti

Country flag
Since when are you on defence forum or tracking indigenous projects?? I really don't know but if you say one thing and do just opposite sooner or later people become cautious about your actions and start scrutinising your every steps. same goes with our Armed forces.
I am not antagonizing IAF claims but questioning claims made by individuals as their own without backing up by an institution. Im asking for claims made by institution not by people in his own capacity.
I am not criticizing you but well that were strong statement and I dont think it is proper just to directly criticize any one. I dont think the AF will do just lip service of 50 LSP order of Astra Mk 1 missile.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Here is STANDING COMMITTEE ON DEFENCE report during 2006-7
Read ''FSED phase 2 "
Here ADA annual report which give you even money details
page no 8. ( point 7.2)

Now look, you give me any institutional proof where IAF ordered 50 Astra missile.
Could you point me out where is the order placement for LSP been given by IAF in these two reports? All I could see is the project cost published by ADA. Where ADA mentioned that IAF has placed order for LSP Tejas? I could give you proof of where DRDO specifically mentioned getting order from IAF for LSP and also proof of Astra getting inducted into IAF.

But you give me proof of ADA receiving order from IAF specifically for Tejas LSP.

BTW, I am attaching the project cost of Astra, same to what you have given for Tejas.

Astra.jpg

vishnugupt

Country flag
Could you point me out where is the order placement for LSP been given by IAF in these two reports? All I could see is the project cost published by ADA. Where ADA mentioned that IAF has placed order for LSP Tejas? I could give you proof of where DRDO specifically mentioned getting order from IAF for LSP and also proof of Astra getting inducted into IAF.

But you give me proof of ADA receiving order from IAF specifically for Tejas LSP.

BTW, I am attaching the project cost of Astra, same to what you have given for Tejas.

View attachment 52310
I am sorry I didn't know how ill informed person you are. IAF never ordered LSP so how can on earth anyone give you proof??
Let me educate you!
LSP was never ordered by IAF. LSP initially meant for IAF evaluation ( ADA would have provide LSP to IAF free of cost ) but never transferred to IAF because as Tejas was running in delay so a decision was taken in 2006 to keep LSP with ADA for further testing that's why there was no such thing exist.... May be you are hallucinating.

FSED phase2 is developmental stages of HAL Tejas where HAL was primary integrator and ADA was Designer.
Now you will ask where is Contract between ADA and HAL ??
This contract came in existence when Tejas program was conceived in 1983 so no separate contract was needed.
You shamelessly asking for proof of something which can be seen by a blind person... LSP you can see, FSED phase2 proof is there which includes LSP production. But you can't give me a clear proof where 50 Astra was ordered. Any IAF account, clearance by cabinate committee, log book of BDL, any new missile on Tejas, Mig 29 or Su-30. But all you are giving random reference given by a person in his own capacity.
What screen shot you have attached is true only for prototypes but not for 50 LSP missiles
I think you should move on

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag
It can be and its work in progress. But at 150 kg, its 32 kg heavier then Derby. Hope that doesn't effect the performance of Tejas.
They won't inquire about meteor (190kg) integration with lca if it wasn't ready for that weight of bvr missiles.

It also speaks a lot about lca radar capability because if it couldn't utilise meteor to potential IAF would never ask about meteor integration in the first place.

Atleast that's what I gather from iaf insisting on meteor on Tejas.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
They won't inquire about meteor (190kg) integration with lca if it wasn't ready for that weight of bvr missiles.

It also speaks a lot about lca radar capability because if it couldn't utilise meteor to potential IAF would never ask about meteor integration in the first place.

Atleast that's what I gather from iaf insisting on meteor on Tejas.
Bdw indranil in brf says ...Tejas can carry astra in its outermost pylon too....
So there won't be any problem....I believe

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Yup outermost pylon will carry 2 ccm on dual ejector in mk1a . So that's capable of 250kg atleast.
Ya ...also able to carry spj pod which is 100 kg....also a ccm...with dual pylon config...
Age age dekho hota hay kya...
The Tejas which was decided to only fire r73....now capable of firing derby...in few months it willl fire a 110 km bvr astra .....
That's the profit when you have indigenous fighter.....

IndianHawk

Country flag
Ya ...also able to carry spj pod which is 100 kg....also a ccm...with dual pylon config...
Age age dekho hota hay kya...
The Tejas which was decided to only fire r73....now capable of firing derby...in few months it willl fire a 110 km bvr astra .....
That's the profit when you have indigenous fighter.....
Hal and ada sent shockwave in import lobby when they displayed lca model carrying bramhos NG.

The tiny point defense fighter will be striking (600km combat radius + 600 km bramhos NG) 1200 km deep into enemy territory.

Also with mk1a it will get derby ER. Outclassing even aim120d and pl15.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles