Astra BVRAAM

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Clearance of 248 Astra Mk1 is only by DAC, so Clearance by CCS and then actual contract are next steps. Though I am slightly perplexed as to why no Astra Orders for LCA. We need almost 400 for IOC, FOC BAtch of LCA MKI
All fighter jets will get astra
As per my info...
Su30,mig29 and Tejas will be armed with astra
Su30 alredy armed
Astra integration going on with Tejas

Recently production ofastra cleared for mig29(don't know integration is on or not)
Subsequently mirage is not in the priority list

vishnugupt

Country flag
It was not. This decision of ordering 250+ came only post extensive trial of those 50 LSP. I mentioned it earlier too that order would come only after extensive flight and fire trial of the 50 LSPs.
BTW thos 50 LSP was not just for test from Su30.
Could you please provide us some sort of proof ??when this deal was signed?? 7 rounds were fired during Sep-2018 trial after that they announced will order 50 LSP missiles (Just announcement ). A year later Sep-2019 again missile fired 9 times so please tell me when these 50 missiles were delivered??
What is this extensive trials?? What is IAF doing since 2017 ?? Wasn't all trials happened from Su-30mki?? So what kind of extensive trails??
Why Astra need trails from all platforms?? Are we Developing Astra for jets or developing Jets for Astra?? Who else on earth do trails like this??

vishnugupt

Country flag
Could you please provide us some sort of proof ??when this deal was signed?? 7 rounds were fired during Sep-2018 trial after that they announced will order 50 LSP missiles (Just announcement ). A year later Sep-2019 again missile fired 9 times so please tell me when these 50 missiles were delivered??
What is this extensive trials?? What is IAF doing since 2017 ?? Wasn't all trials happened from Su-30mki?? So what kind of extensive trails??
Why Astra need trails from all platforms?? Are we Developing Astra for jets or developing Jets for Astra?? Who else on earth do trails like this??
These are pure lies flying around that Astra was being integrated with Tejas, Mig29 or any jets.
We all are watching/monitoring Tejas program day to day basis since it's birth but there is not a single pic available. They were just lying. Once again IAF just woke up from a bad dream

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
All fighter jets will get astra
As per my info...
Su30,mig29 and Tejas will be armed with astra
Su30 alredy armed
Astra integration going on with Tejas

Recently production ofastra cleared for mig29(don't know integration is on or not)
Subsequently mirage is not in the priority list
Is there precise data about the integration of ASTRA on Rafale? It was rumored.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Is there precise data about the integration of ASTRA on Rafale? It was rumored.
Not for now ..... Rafale comes with meteor and mica...which are already best.....
Astra 2 will replace meteor some day....

garg_bharat

Country flag
Clearance of 248 Astra Mk1 is only by DAC, so Clearance by CCS and then actual contract are next steps. Though I am slightly perplexed as to why no Astra Orders for LCA. We need almost 400 for IOC, FOC BAtch of LCA MKI
Can LCA fire Astra? Never seen a test.
Only seen Su30 firing Astra. Maybe upgraded Mig29 can fire but again no test seen.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Not for now ..... Rafale comes with meteor and mica...which are already best.....
Astra 2 will replace meteor some day....
Astra mk2 won't replace meteor sfdr will. Astra mk2 is dual pulse like derby ER.

IndianHawk

Country flag
These are pure lies flying around that Astra was being integrated with Tejas, Mig29 or any jets.
We all are watching/monitoring Tejas program day to day basis since it's birth but there is not a single pic available. They were just lying. Once again IAF just woke up from a bad dream
Another one to my ignore list. Welcome.

Tang

Country flag
When Test Pilot for Tejas/LCA program is saying so, then its true
isnt it?

Chinmoy

Country flag
BDL begins initial build of Astra Mk1 BVRAAM

Bharat Dynamic Limited, a PSU build up a whole production line without a order? Either you have a very high regard for our PSUs or you are not aware of their DNA.

Till 2017 IAF was a part of developmental and user trial. Firing a missile from an aircraft in test range is one thing and firing it in real war scenario is another. You have to take in account factors like at what AoA you are launching the missile. What is the behavior of the missile when launched from different AoA. What is the maximum G your fighter could deal with when carrying the missile on different pylons.
All of these tests are carried out by user with the initial LSP batch of missile.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles