Astra BVRAAM

mist_consecutive

Selling Wuhan Fried Bats
Country flag
View attachment 174337

itne saare NOTAM ka koi info nhi,:megusta::balleballe:
Wait, I must be blind because I see absolutely no physical difference between Mk1 and Mk2 ? I initially thought Mk2 must be thicker and longer (that's what she said), but after a side-by-side comparison between Mk1 and Mk2 launches, they have practically identical bodies.

But that means Mk2 might only have a marginal improvement in range due to improved rocket propulsion.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Wait, I must be blind because I see absolutely no physical difference between Mk1 and Mk2 ? I initially thought Mk2 must be thicker and longer (that's what she said), but after a side-by-side comparison between Mk1 and Mk2 launches, they have practically identical bodies.

But that means Mk2 might only have a marginal improvement in range due to improved rocket propulsion.
I mean we couldn't see any difference between Dhanush and Bofors either. Maybe the Astra Mk2 is heavier, longer and thicker but we can't really tell? And it will have a new dual pulse motor so maybe they upgraded the propellant and the casing as well? But its not neccessary they be different either. All AMRAAM C/D variants are similar in dimensions and weight.

Hari Sud

Country flag
We are tow to tow with Chinese copy of BVRAAM. The whole issue is that whose missile is more reliable and who shoots the first plane. My honest opinion is that Chinese PL-15 is probably bad copy of either American or Russian missile. It has not seen light of the outside world, hence nobody can confidently say that it works and detaches from the fighter as needed and travels towards its target reliably. What happens next is upto the enemy fighter. He can dodge it or simply interfere with its electronics and lead it astray. A lot could happen when 150km distance is to be traveled. Only recently we saw 5 American AARAAM fired at Indian SU-30Mk1 during Pakistani Balakote retaliation, did not teach the mark. Three of these fell short and their spent tubes were recovered. Other two, I do not know, but did not hit the target.

Super falcon

Country flag
Following corrections are needed in your video
Currently their is no plan to integrate Astra on Rafale
VL-SRSAM is not a replacement for Barak-8 but for Barak-1. VL-SRSAM will be operated in tandem to Barak-8.
Yes but in future it is and astra will definately get integrated with most air defence systems of India may be new upcoming ships integrated with astra systems

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles