Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
😏 BTW something i'd like to mention,

i wrote this post on 23rd January,2017

Galil ACE ?

Hmmm...

Instead of a foreign made Assault Rifle of kalashnikov pattern in 7.62 x 51 NATO for Indian Armed Forces,better modify our very own Mk.1-C Excalibur and create a new variant in 7.62 x 51 NATO with SCAR like Adjustable Length + Adjustable Cheek Pad + Side folding Buttstock,Full length Top pic rails with pic rails on all sides of Hand guards,Ambidextrous fire selectors and so on.
My Advise: Also modify receiver a little bit to make it accept 1A SLR (Indian variant of FAL)mags as i'm sure there are plenty of Mags available for SLR 1A which can be used via this little tweak.
AAANNNNDDD in six months,Sandeep Unnithan revealed OFB's 7.62 NATO Assault Rifle to the public on his youtube channel on 24th July,2017 at here
If you know anything about OFB's 7.62 NATO rifle, then you know that it's an upscaled MK.1C Excalibur Rifle in that caliber and feeds from SLR magazines, AND they proudly said it that they developed it in 'record' six months when Army switched their requirements demanded that they want a 7.62 NATO rifle.

😏 Someone from Rifle Factory Ishapore reading my posts hhhhmmm ?

Flying Dagger

Country flag
What is the issue with sidefolding stock Ak103M/203 which is meant for the general infantry and not special forces?I had seen many SSO guys in syria with the very same stocks in their modified Aks as it controls recoil in a good manner.
I know the issues like its over priced, we already makes Tar, so fitting it with a rigid upper receiver with rail and a new muzzle brake and Quad rails aint any rocket science etc.

Couldn't this weapon do the tasks of general infantry and RR? I had read yours or Gesslers comments that we couldnhave gone for Galil Ace. Yes its true that it beats the Ak, but as far as i had seen that, edges are just marginal ones or doesnt justify the very high price tag of that weapon. Even the TFB guybwas evaluating an old M72 with a new Galil Ace and not any brand new tactical Bulgarian or Russian Ak. Its true that Vietnam had chosed Galil and is making them. Afaik its a political decision just like we made with Russia or just like we bought X-95s for Capfs.
PS:Its just a political decision, nothing otherthan that.So there is nil chance that they are going to select anything other than that. Why else they would go for almost doubly priced russian ones when they could get almost same stuff at half price from Bulgaria that too imported and made of lot lot better Bulgarian metallurgy than the ones we are going to use it in India to make weapons.
There is no specific issue it's just that the Twitter pic was diff.

And adjustable length shouldn't be desired by us.

Good thing is it's not fixed one atleast.

Metallurgy well there isn't any rocket science there and to maintain quality standard Russian were involved so if it still gets fcuked up Russian should be held responsible .

This is India nothing is confirmed till delivered and paid for.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
😏 BTW something i'd like to mention,

i wrote this post on 23rd January,2017

AAANNNNDDD in six months,Sandeep Unnithan revealed OFB's 7.62 NATO Assault Rifle to the public on his youtube channel on 24th July,2017 at here
If you know anything about OFB's 7.62 NATO rifle, then you know that it's an upscaled MK.1C Excalibur Rifle in that caliber and feeds from SLR magazines, AND they proudly said it that they developed it in 'record' six months when Army switched their requirements demanded that they want a 7.62 NATO rifle.

😏 Someone from Rifle Factory Ishapore reading my posts hhhhmmm ?
Well you don't expect anything else from them. They'll keep bringing INSAS in diff forms no matter how many time army rejects it.

Where it is buried now ?

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Well you don't expect anything else from them. They'll keep bringing INSAS in diff forms no matter how many time army rejects it.

Where it is buried now ?
RFI Ishapore just released some brochures remember ? They apparently have renamed it from OFB R-2 rifle to Ishapore Assault Rifle and so,

and if the brochure is there on their website i believe they manufacture it there idk for whoever is willing to induct it ? state police forces, other paramilitary forces etc...

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
RFI Ishapore just released some brochures remember ? They apparently have renamed it from OFB R-2 rifle to Ishapore Assault Rifle and so,

and if the brochure is there on their website i believe they manufacture it there idk for whoever is willing to induct it ? state police forces, other paramilitary forces etc...
They used to keep brochures of SLR, Bren and AK7 until very recently. Afaik they were not selling anything.Also heard OFB is making PKTs all these years then why couldnt they just add a bipood and buttstock and issue it among RR and CAPFs who were in search of a lightweight belt fed Gpmg.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
They used to keep brochures of SLR, Bren and AK7 until very recently. Afaik they were not selling anything.Also heard OFB is making PKTs all these years then why couldnt they just add a bipood and buttstock and issue it among RR and CAPFs who were in search of a lightweight belt fed Gpmg.
I think army will like to do away with 7.62*54 round in future , same with 5.45*30 INSAS round .

Killbot

Country flag
.338 round 1500 m range less than 10 kg weight.

This is a gem.
Plus reciprocating heavy quick detach barrel. Pretty much zero recoil, super accurate and modular as shit. And it will come with an optic with thermal mode laser rangefinder and everything you need from a mini FCS. And it is 6.8*51mm NGSW one btw. Weight would be around 6-7kg

.338 cal MG338 is different. Doesn't have the reciprocating barrel. It is operational too. With SOCOM.

MisraZ

Country flag
Interesting development. Ukraine planning to adopt a 5.56x45 NATO rifle.

Killbot

Country flag
Interesting development. Ukraine planning to adopt a 5.56x45 NATO rifle.

Old news. Everyone is switching to 5.56.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles