Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Killbot

Country flag
At $1600/rifle this deal makes no sense for us.

Ironically the same design used in this rifle was also used on the INSAS but OFB managed to fuck it up.
I've said before, but $1600 is US civilian market price.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I've said before, but $1600 is US civilian market price.
And same goes for Military pricing as well. The only difference between civilian and military rifles is lack of auto fire mode in Civilian version and a lack of military grade ammunition which you can’t buy as a civilian.

Killbot

Country flag
And same goes for Military pricing as well. The only difference between civilian and military rifles is lack of auto fire mode in Civilian version and a lack of military grade ammunition which you can’t buy as a civilian.
Dude, military ammo is easier to buy and dirt cheap. Full auto lower won't make it cost more.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
It was what happened to the previous carbine tender. IWI emerged as the only vendor meeting the IA GSQRs. And quoted a high price.
The number is for this tender, the fastrack 72,400 one where Sig 716i, CAR 817 and IWI ACE 7 were finalists.

Do you have eyes or are you just trolling here?

Killbot

Country flag
The number is for this tender, the fastrack 72,400 one where Sig 716i, CAR 817 and IWI ACE 7 were finalists.

Do you have eyes or are you just trolling here?
I was talking about the carbine tender from 2015..... I could say the same about you. Read my post, I said carbine i.e. ACE 22

vampyrbladez

Country flag
I was talking about the carbine tender from 2015..... I could say the same about you. Read my post, I said carbine i.e. ACE 22
Then you know ACE 7 in the most recent tender has quoted a price of $1600. This is $ 610 more than the Sig 716i we are buying for $ 990.

Flying Dagger

Country flag

The Sig offered to us was DI version , that's why for 990 dollar . When IWI offered price for the tender they must have been expecting caracal and Sig to be higher than their quoted price.

Though I am still not sure if the price quoted by them was 1600 dollar as it is literally killing themselves out of the deal.

There is no reason the price wouldn't be brought down for bulk production if we had gone for it . Viets are getting it for about 1000 dollar a piece.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
The Sig offered to us was DI version , that's why for 990 dollar . When IWI offered price for the tender they must have been expecting caracal and Sig to be higher than their quoted price.

Though I am still not sure if the price quoted by them was 1600 dollar as it is literally killing themselves out of the deal.

There is no reason the price wouldn't be brought down for bulk production if we had gone for it . Viets are getting it for about 1000 dollar a piece.
Tells you the amount of respect Babudom have globally in military tendering.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Tells you the amount of respect Babudom have globally in military tendering.
When an entire nation of 1.4 bn population can't solve basic like dress shoes rifles like issues for the army there is nothing more shameful than that.

Add to it even the army itself isn't keen to workout a long-term sustainable solution for its need of present and future and toying around with these never ending negotiation drama.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
The logic behind army's go ahead to OFB to produce AK copies like TAR, Ghatak was that it should be cheap and can be quickly mass produced. However, the price OFB is quoting for would put Global arms majors like Sigs, H&K, Kalashnikov etc. to shame.
Cost is high, Quality questionable

TAR still looks well built but they have gone nuts by asking double the price we paid to Bulgaria for same shit.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Vietnam is said to replace all the soviet AKs with Israeli made galil ace!! Both ACE 31 and 32!!
Now that's a country which takes its modernisation of its armed forces seriously meanwhile Punj Loyd is yet to have a single order for any security forces.
Exactly They improved the overall firearm capabilities within limited budget of theirs while we are spending a lot more for adhoc purchases no industry development and future .

Aks should have gone to Galil for all other forces and rest battle and carbine to either Tavor /Carmel/Caracal. A combined order for all forces available.

Unless we bring a uniformity and standard among BSF CRPF Assam rifles ITBP etc etc with Army we will keep paying for a tail that feeds but don't bite the enemy.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles