Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Different types of FN Fal!!
Fal Para was extensively used by Paratroopers of South Africa, Rhodesia!
View attachment 64561
View attachment 64562
Call me a old fashioned , but i find fn fal the most beautiful rifle ever made .
Especially in all bkack furniture .
But if its not compitable with requirements of indian army today , then no need to use them.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Call me a old fashioned , but i find fn fal the most beautiful rifle ever made .
Especially in all bkack furniture .
But if its not compitable with requirements of indian army today , then no need to use them.
Agreed!! I have always admired FN Fal, people who love guns get addicted to this rifle!!
I think Fal, is more suitable for CAPFs, Forest Guards, railway police since it fits their requirements!!

Killbot

Country flag
Agreed!! I have always admired FN Fal, people who love guns get addicted to this rifle!!
I think Fal, is more suitable for CAPFs, Forest Guards, railway police since it fits their requirements!!
Not CAPFs and Forest guards. They might have to trek or walk long distances. Trekking is really hard with just a backpack. Heavy weight is a big no-no. State, beat cops can use it..

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Not CAPFs and Forest guards. They might have to trek or walk long distances. Trekking is really hard with just a backpack. Heavy weight is a big no-no. State, beat cops can use it..
Definitely suitable for forest guards since Fal has the best range in hitting the target and its also can be used as designed marksman by the guards!! Plus not to mention our guards have no other option since there is no funding, and Fal is the only option.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
While we're still sticking to a basic AK with rails etc,Russians seems to be trying out something new (?) with their upcoming AK prototypes

Meet AK-521

This time with SG550 series inspired (i believe) two-section receiver that hinges at front and machined top receiver with picatiny rails on top, a spring loaded dust cover on its charging handle slot that automatically opens and covers the slot when rifle is cycling.Lower receiver seems typical AK74 style stamped sheet metal one with modifications to make it work with this new upper etc.
Also the fire selector is shortened from typical AK style selector as no longer it doubles as dust cover for charging handle slot when on safe.

Article written by a friend of mine from where i took the pictures (i.e. Source) =

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Haha, everyone is eager for that big announcement by IA, buddy!! Let's hope that the first 93,000 deal goes through for frontline troops!
Its a clusterfuck in our inventory, we end up buying too much variety in suppliers as well as ammunition, I mean why don’t buy a 5.56x45mm NATO Kalashnikov like Bulgarian AR-M1 if not AK-19 to reduce logistics issues.
1604410974945.jpeg

Global Defence

New threads

Articles