Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
On 1st November i posted this vdo of new Kalashnikov prototype being fired with an article on it

After 15 days,Kalashnikov Concern officially acknowledges its existence and even provides a field stripping video on their facebook account, named AKB-521 (or AKV-521 ? since cyrilic B is equivalent to roman alphabet's V )

This seems to be the prototype without that spring operated dust cover removed from it (You can clearly see welding marks on its receiver) rest same exact weapon.

On a sidenote, it seems Ruskies have took heavy "inspirations" from an AK derivative from western side named M+M M10X which is kinda SG-550 copy.Ruskies seem to have made more traditional variant from that one with long stroke gas piston system,two-section receiver and a detachable charging handle inspired from those Quick-Detachable Mounts for slings.
Update to AKV-521

As it was mentioned in a video by Kalashnikov Concern that they are going to move charging handle to the left side in future iteration,seems it's done

Maxim Popenker just posted these pics on his facebook wall depicting current iteration of AKV-521

1609061443997.png

1609061466257.png

1609061492022.png

1609061536838.png

Killbot

Country flag
Update to AKV-521

As it was mentioned in a video by Kalashnikov Concern that they are going to move charging handle to the left side in future iteration,seems it's done

Maxim Popenker just posted these pics on his facebook wall depicting current iteration of AKV-521

View attachment 71757
View attachment 71758
View attachment 71759
View attachment 71760
Ooh...

An AK with a detachable upper. Still a prototype.. The coming versions are going to be more ergonomic. I can't wait for KC to release the production model. This is something on the lines of the Stoner 63, if I'm not much mistaken...

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

Narendra s rawat

Country flag

France ordered 12,000 HK416F Assault Rifles.
Quite misleading article it should be 12000 HK416F Assault Rifles are delivered this year.
Sounds like they have ripped the title from Eurasian times without seeing what inside the article.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://eurasiantimes.com/france-orders-12000-german-heckler-koch-hk416-assault-rifles-to-replace-its-famas-guns/&ved=2ahUKEwja6M2hkO7tAhXC_XMBHWSFD6MQFjAiegQIJhAB&usg=AOvVaw2JUsR5T17vruhYqDbgtGec

Inside this above article it clearly written 12000 delivered to France this year

Killbot

Country flag
Ooh...

An AK with a detachable upper. Still a prototype.. The coming versions are going to be more ergonomic. I can't wait for KC to release the production model. This is something on the lines of the Stoner 63, if I'm not much mistaken...
BTW the upper reciever locking system seems to be similar to that of the AR-15. Same two pins are being used. But we'll need a cheek riser if we are to effectively mount optics.. We can do something similar with INSAS platform.
Update to AKV-521

View attachment 71757
View attachment 71758
View attachment 71759
View attachment 71760

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
It time OFB is killed just like its counterparts in UK.OFB has to have hands on every pie they got the ak203 deal.now they want the carbine,battlerifle,sniper deal as well.these trolls are just commie bugs

Killbot

Country flag
No, I don't know think I have seen anyone using C clamp grip on bulpups, mostly used on AR 15 type rifles
The only bullpup I know of that can be used with the C-clamp grip is General Dynamics's candidate for NGSW. That has the trigger mechanism and feeding grouped fairly close together. It also has a 22"+ barrel.
1609152476402.png

Its a Beretta GD joint design. Fires the .277 cartridge (6.8*47mm). With that long-ass barrel, it can throw that 135gr projectile at over 3100 fps speed. Its gonna be insanely powerful.

Killbot

Country flag
Sidenote, I'm 90% sure that Sig will win the contract. Their rifle is simply more practical and economical while still offering substantive improvements over the current gen of rifles. It's either Sig or general dynamics. Textron is oblivious to some of the other factors that matter with small arms induction and so is GD to an extent.
Me too. The contender is the Sig MCX Spear. It has the most commonality with the M16/M4 pattern weapon systems in terms of ergonomics. The only major change over the MCX Virtus is the location of the changing handle. And the caliber ofc. (6.8*51mm). And the lightweight alloy case of the bullet is also going to be fairly cheap to produce.

Textron's entry has wayyy too many parts. Have you seen that ejection system?? Even if it does function in all climatic conditions, it is going to be expensive as hell. And then there is the question of ammo. That case telescoped cartridge would cost 6-7 times as much as conventional ammo to produce. Even Umcle Sam ain't gonna pay that much.

GD is offering a bullpup. So I guess they are out just like that. Training so many soldiers as extensively as the US does isn't going to be easy. The polymer case ammo isn't going to come cheap either.

But the real game changer is going to be the optic. It is a mini Fire Control System of sorts. It has a laser rangefinder, ballistic computer, datalink with the operator's helmet mounted display (they're doing that as well), etc. It can zero the optic based on inputs from these components. And a shit ton of other wizardry.

A stark contrast with Indian procurements. When I compare our system to theirs, I end up feeling so fucking frustrated. It starts with the clown who wrote the bloody GSQRs. Id wring his fucking neck if I found him... Three different calibers for infantry??!! This is depressing af, lol.

Last edited:

Killbot

Country flag
Honestly I wish we'd just change the requirement to a 6.8x43 SPC/6.5x48 creedmore caliber rifle in the first place. But I also now it's too late cause of Russian lobbying and our fuck-all procurement policy soooo.
Or make a cartridge of our own.

Killbot

Country flag
Honestly I wish we'd just change the requirement to a 6.8x43 SPC/6.5x48 creedmore caliber rifle in the first place. But I also know it's too late cause of Russian lobbying and our fuck-all procurement policy soooo.
Screw the procurement policy, even the fucking GSQRs are fucked up. The Army is just as much to blame as those gmdalals in MoD.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
5.56*30 is not a competitor to 7.62*39 or 5.56*45 NATO or 5.56*45 INSAS round. Neither have OFB or DRDO claimed it to be. They pitched it as a alternative to the 9*19 mm Parabellum used on Sten guns. It is being touted as a pistol caliber, not a rifle caliber round. In American terminology JVPC is a sub machine gun. It has better penetration capability and ballistics than the 9*19 mm Parabellum round.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Latest video of garand thumb, seriously how good is galil ace??? I am seriously impressed with this rifle!!!
It takes in AK mags as well
I'm seriously of the opinion if the 203 doesn't see sunlight ( though it's too late at this point) they should go for the Ace
Edit:- it is a whole family of weapons and we have Atmanirbhartha on the table

Global Defence

New threads

Articles