Assam: Four million Bangladeshi illegals Face Deportation

Chinmoy

Country flag
When ULFA and BODOs were throwing them out why every one started hunting them? Has any one ever asked this to our leaders. Chutiya bana rakha hai logo kio bhen*hodo ne.

See I apologize for this abusive language but how long you people become fools?
ULFA had never acted against these B'deshis. Infact P.Boruah himself is sitting and shunting in between B'desh and Myanmar. ULFA had only targeted the Non-Assamese.

BODO's had for sure targeted the B'deshis and the Muslims as a whole for which administration came into picture after a week. But do you know what happened after that?

Again, when you don't know the facts, its better to SHUT UP and LISTEN.

Chinmoy

Country flag
This happened only after the central government declared them as rouges.

Yes we know what happened whose fault? Centers. They can't decide what to do, Bloody incapable leaders without any ideology or steady fest decision. Some times this sometimes that. Just to gain votes. bastards
Just tell me one thing. Have you accidentally or deliberately got dropped on your head during birth?

As per you Central government should not have banned ULFA?

As far as regarding the BODO and Muslim riot, what you want the government to do? Sit back and enjoy the daily arson? Are you nut? No one in his or her sane mind would do this. No matter how nationalist or supremacist his of her view is, no government would allow this. Want proof?

My turban really saved me: Sikh man attacked in US hate crime

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/repor...me-sikh-man-attacked-in-us-hate-crime-2646751

"I never feel that way," he said. "I've never been mistreated like that." "I have a lot of friends," Malhi said. "I have no problem. I do not feel any racism against me ever. I have friends who are standing for me. They love me and I love them." Sheriff Adam Christianson of Stanislaus County said his office was aggressively investigating the case and looking for suspects.

"It's a despicable hate crime," the sheriff said. "There is no room for this in Stanislaus County or anywhere else in the United States of America." Meanwhile, Denham, the Republican lawmaker of California, released a statement yesterday condemning the attack, which occurred in his district.
Although you are using a proxy and hopefully a false flagger too, but this incident is what had happened in the country whose falg you are using in your DP. Now why should the sheriff act against those supposed white supremacist? He should sit back and enjoy the Sikhs getting bashed there. Isn't it?

Why so serious?

Country flag
This is one big cluster fu@k. How can these politicians , who claim themselves to be the leaders of our nation be such short sighted ?
They want to get elected by any means and stay in power by any means , let the country and it's people be damned.
Jis disha me le ja rahe ho desh ko bhench@d, desh hi nahin rahega to raj kispe karoge?

Assam turns into haven for illegal migrants: A story of blunders and missed opportunities to resolve vexed issue
Firstpost • Aug 07, 2018 13:17 IST

By Rajeev Bhattacharyya

The policies unveiled by the British Raj and the Muslim League government in Assam to settle migrants from Bengal had already begun to trigger tension among the local populace which were clear warnings that the situation needed attention and a policy to check infiltration from the neighbouring country. But it only turned worse after Independence as hordes of refugees arrived in waves that have continued intermittently in the ensuing decades.

Occasional agitations and accords to check further influx failed to yield the desired results prompting the Supreme Court to intervene after a PIL was filed by Assam Public Works in 2009. Deadlines were set and citizens began to be enrolled in the National Register of Citizens (NRC) with fixed guidelines. The list suffers from anomalies which need immediate rectification but the final outcome of this onerous exercise is still uncertain.

The current situation in Assam stems from the failure by the state and society to grasp the long-term implications of unchecked illegal migration. A few preventive steps adopted on a long-term basis could have ensured a check on the movement of people from across the border. There would be no need for NRC, the migrants’ flight would take a different course and the shrill voices opposing the identification of foreign nationals in Assam would not have been heard at all. The blame for this must be shared by the people of Assam for not being vigilant enough and the successive governments both at the state and Centre that displayed a total disregard to the danger continuously knocking on the door for the past several decades.

Illegal Bangladeshi settlers at Udalguri in Assam. Image courtesy Rajeev Bhattacharyya

Here’s a recap of a few episodes since Independence that had a vital bearing on the trajectory of illegal immigration in Assam and how they helped foreign nationals acquire a dominant position in the state today:

Nehru’s Misunderstanding of the Assam Situation

The Congress’ policy of promoting the interests of the foreign nationals at the expense of Assam’s began with prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru when he took umbrage at the repeated pleas from the state's first chief minister Gopinath Bordoloi for distribution of the refugees to other states in the country. Bordoloi argued that the state had already undertaken to rehabilitate 2.5 lakhs of refugees and further settlement would only harm the interests of the local landless cultivators since there was a tremendous scarcity of land. The prime minister was enraged and threatened that Assam could expect financial help only if it liberally accepted refugees and granted them lands.

For Nehru, there was no question of Assam lacking surplus land for settlement of the refugees. He was joined by home minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in admonishing the state cabinet for its decision to allot land for the locals uprooted from their homes due to floods. For the Centre, the rehabilitation of the Bengali refugees must take precedence over the locals and at one time it had even finalised its own plan to settle them along vacant railway lands which was vehemently opposed by the state government. Nor was the state government’s proposal to introduce a permit system for the region to check migrants given importance.

Of course, with the meagre resources of the government, it was not possible to strengthen border surveillance soon after the partition. But the border remained so unguarded that even the deputy commissioner of Sylhet in East Pakistan had the audacity to come to Shillong for a few days without any permission from the Indian government which was brought to the notice of Nehru at Shillong on 7 May 1949 by Bordoloi. But the Centre’s policies never changed and Bordoloi’s successor Bishnu Ram Medhi faced the same predicament with disastrous consequences for the future.

Sudden halt to PIP scheme in Assam

Conceived by the director of Intelligence Bureau BN Mullick, the Prevention of Infiltration from Pakistan Scheme (PIP) was begun in 1964 as a centrally sponsored scheme to detect and deport illegal migrants from East Pakistan. The exercise continued till 1969 when it was abruptly stopped by the Congress due to the apprehension that a sizeable vote bank would be lost in the general elections. Also, the untimely death of chief minister Bimala Prasad Chaliha left the state without any leader of the stature who might have ignored the pressure from the Centre.

As a result, there was no official estimate of the numbers that crossed the border following the genocide in East Pakistan in 1971 (the unofficial figure is 10 lakh). If the PIP scheme had been in vogue, an estimate would have been possible and a plan could have been firmed up to distribute the refugees all over the country. Bangladesh was indebted to India for the war and it would have accepted back the refugees if prime minister Indira Gandhi had inserted a clause in the Indira-Mujib Pact. The tradition established by the Congress to keep party interests above the national became so entrenched that it was also emulated by the BJP, CPM and regional parties like the Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) and Trinamool Congress decades later.

When Election Commission turned a blind eye to Mangaldai

Among all the government agencies, the Election Commission has caused the maximum harm to Assam by turning a blind eye to the flawed electoral rolls which included the names of foreign nationals. In 1978, the Assam Police had identified 47,658 voters of doubtful origin in Mangaldai Lok Sabha constituency. Around 6 lakh more cases were detected when the exercise was extended to 80 Assembly constituencies by the Assam government. The operation was called off after the Janata Party government was toppled in and President’s Rule imposed in the state.

[iframe src="cid:[email protected]" name="1-0-29;10179;e?encodeURIComponent(sa(a,b,c,d,e+1)):"...";return encodeURIComponent(String(a))},L=function(a,b,c,d){a.g.push(b);a.h=qa(c,d)},ua=function(a,b,c,d){b=b+"//"+c+d;var e=ta(a)-d.length;if(0>e)return"";a.g.sort(function(a,b){return a-b});d=null;c="";for(var f=0;f=l.length){e-=l.length;b+=l;c=a.i;break}else a.j&&(c=e,l[c-1]==a.i&&--c,b+=l.substr(0,c),c=a.i,e=0);d=null==d?h:d}}a="";null!=d&&(a=c+"trn="+d);return b+a},ta=function(a){var b=1,c;for(c in a.h)b=c.length>b?c.length:b;return 3997-b-a.i.length-1};var va=function(a,b,c,d){if(Math.random()<(d||a.g))try{if(c instanceof K)var e=c;else e=new K,ha(c,function(a,b){var c=e,d=c.l++;a=qa(b,a);c.g.push(d);c.h[d]=a});var f=ua(e,a.j,a.h,a.i+b+"&");f&&ia(u,f)}catch(h){}};var M=null;var wa=function(){var a=u.performance;return a&&a.now&&a.timing?Math.floor(a.now()+a.timing.navigationStart):v()},xa=function(){var a=void 0===a?u:a;return(a=a.performance)&&a.now?a.now():null};var ya=function(a,b,c){this.label=a;this.type=b;this.value=c;this.duration=0;this.uniqueId=this.label+"_"+this.type+"_"+Math.random();this.slotId=void 0};var N=u.performance,za=!!(N&&N.mark&&N.measure&&N.clearMarks),O=function(a){var b=!1,c;return function(){b||(c=a(),b=!0);return c}}(function(){var a;if(a=za){var b;if(null===M){M="";try{a="";try{a=u.top.location.hash}catch(c){a=u.location.hash}a&&(M=(b=a.match(/\bdeid=([\d,]+)/))?b[1]:"")}catch(c){}}b=M;a=!!b.indexOf&&0<=b.indexOf("1337")}return a}),Aa=function(){var a=P;this.h=[];this.i=a||u;var b=null;a&&(a.google_js_reporting_queue=a.google_js_reporting_queue||[],this.h=a.google_js_reporting_queue,b=a.google_measure_js_timing);this.g=O()||(null!=b?b:1>Math.random())},Ba=function(a){a&&N&&O()&&(N.clearMarks("goog_"+a.uniqueId+"_start"),N.clearMarks("goog_"+a.uniqueId+"_end"))};Aa.prototype.start=function(a,b){if(!this.g)return null;var c=xa()||wa();a=new ya(a,b,c);b="goog_"+a.uniqueId+"_start";N&&O()&&N.mark(b);return a};var R=function(){var a=Q;this.h=Ca;this.j=this.i;this.g=void 0===a?null:a};R.prototype.pinger=function(){return this.h};var Da=function(a,b,c,d,e){try{if(a.g&&a.g.g){var f=a.g.start(b.toString(),3);var h=c();var g=a.g;c=f;if(g.g&&"number"==typeof c.value){var k=xa()||wa();c.duration=k-c.value;var l="goog_"+c.uniqueId+"_end";N&&O()&&N.mark(l);g.g&&g.h.push(c)}}else h=c()}catch(m){g=!0;try{Ba(f),g=(e||a.j).call(a,b,new S(T(m),m.fileName,m.lineNumber),void 0,d)}catch(x){a.i(217,x)}if(!g)throw m;}return h},Fa=function(a,b,c,d,e){var f=Ea;return function(h){for(var g=[],k=0;kvu("https://securepubads.g.doubleclick....JSzIcR5LajMkm_EAE\x26urlfix\x3d1\x26adurl\x3d") (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); {"uid":0.34594919928349555,"hostPeerName":"https://www.firstpost.com","initialGeometry":"{\"windowCoords_t\":0,\"windowCoords_r\":412,\"windowCoords_b\":732,\"windowCoords_l\":0,\"frameCoords_t\":5395,\"frameCoords_r\":356,\"frameCoords_b\":5645,\"frameCoords_l\":56,\"posCoords_t\":5395,\"posCoords_b\":5645,\"posCoords_r\":356,\"posCoords_l\":56,\"styleZIndex\":\"\",\"allowedExpansion_r\":112,\"allowedExpansion_b\":482,\"allowedExpansion_t\":0,\"allowedExpansion_l\":0,\"yInView\":0,\"xInView\":1}","permissions":"{\"expandByOverlay\":true,\"expandByPush\":true,\"readCookie\":false,\"writeCookie\":false}","metadata":"{\"shared\":{\"sf_ver\":\"1-0-29\",\"ck_on\":1,\"flash_ver\":\"26.0.0\",\"canonical_url\":\"https://www.firstpost.com/india/ass...tunities-to-resolve-vexed-issue-4907421.html\",\"amp\":{\"canonical_url\":\"https://www.firstpost.com/india/ass...tunities-to-resolve-vexed-issue-4907421.html\"}}}","reportCreativeGeometry":false,"isDifferentSourceWindow":false,"sentinel":"0-226117791016190218","width":300,"height":250,"_context":{"ampcontextVersion":"1533253141109","ampcontextFilepath":"https://3p.ampproject.net/1533253141109/ampcontext-v0.js","sourceUrl":"https://www.firstpost.com/india/ass...ities-to-resolve-vexed-issue-4907421.html/amp","referrer":"","canonicalUrl":"https://www.firstpost.com/india/ass...rtunities-to-resolve-vexed-issue-4907421.html","pageViewId":"3417","location":{"href":"https://www.firstpost.com/india/ass...ities-to-resolve-vexed-issue-4907421.html/amp"},"startTime":1533716741669,"tagName":"AMP-AD","mode":{"localDev":false,"development":false,"minified":true,"lite":false,"test":false,"version":"1533253141109","rtvVersion":"011533253141109"},"canary":false,"hidden":false,"initialLayoutRect":{"left":56,"top":5395,"width":300,"height":250},"initialIntersection":{"time":6073.567138671875,"rootBounds":{"left":0,"top":0,"width":412,"height":732,"bottom":732,"right":412,"x":0,"y":0},"boundingClientRect":{"left":56,"top":5395,"width":300,"height":250,"bottom":5645,"right":356,"x":56,"y":5395},"intersectionRect":{"left":0,"top":0,"width":0,"height":0,"bottom":0,"right":0,"x":0,"y":0},"intersectionRatio":0},"domFingerprint":"1220302563","experimentToggles":{"canary":false,"expAdsenseA4A":false,"a4aProfilingRate":false,"ad-type-custom":true,"amp-access-iframe":true,"amp-apester-media":true,"amp-ima-video":true,"amp-playbuzz":true,"amp-story-navigation-performance":false,"chunked-amp":true,"amp-auto-ads":true,"amp-auto-ads-adsense-holdout":false,"version-locking":true,"as-use-attr-for-format":false,"a4aFastFetchDoubleclickLaunched":false,"a4aFastFetchAdSenseLaunched":false,"pump-early-frame":true,"3p-use-ampcontext":true,"amp-live-list-sorting":true,"amp-sidebar toolbar":true,"svg-in-mustache":false,"disable-faster-amp-list":true,"amp-consent":true,"amp-img-native-srcset":true,"amp-story-v1":true,"expAdsenseUnconditionedCanonical":false,"expAdsenseCanonical":false,"font-display-swap":true,"amp-date-picker":true,"url-replacement-v2":false,"inline-styles":true},"sentinel":"0-226117791016190218"}}" height="250" width="300" data-amp-3p-sentinel="0-226117791016190218" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" allowtransparency="" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" class="i-amphtml-fill-content" style="margin: auto; display: block; height: 250px; max-height: 100%; max-width: 100%; min-height: 0px; min-width: 0px; width: 300px; transform: translate(-50%, -50%); top: 0px; left: 0px; position: absolute; bottom: 0px; right: 0px; border-width: 0px !important; border-style: initial !important; padding: 0px !important;">[/iframe]
Objections filed before the Election Commission against the foreign nationals in the electoral rolls were never disposed of and tribunals constituted for these cases (under Representation of the People Act 1951) following the uproar in the state were also never taken to a logical conclusion. In the years ahead, the number of illegal migrants who acquired the right to vote began to swell and some Assembly constituencies completely hijacked in western and central Assam.

Kamaluddin who contested the Assembly poll from Jamunamukh constituency in Assam. Image procured by Rajeev Bhattacharyya

The case of Kamaluddin deserves special mention to underscore the perilous state of affairs that had enveloped Assam. He had gathered a passport through fraudulent means and even contested the Assembly polls from Jamunamukh in 1996! He was apprehended by the police two years later and deported to Bangladesh. Undeterred by the setback, he crossed the border again to file a case in Gauhati High Court (Case No – 2501 of 1998) challenging the deportation on the ground that he was a citizen of village Kapahbari with landed property. The government contested his claims by producing irrefutable evidence that he hailed from Bangladesh and was deported again.

Assam Agitation, Assam Accord and AGP

That the Assamese are also to blame for the mess in the state is amply evidenced by the consequences of the Assam Accord which brought the historic six-year agitation against foreign nationals to a close in 1985. The agreement was hurriedly drafted on 14 August 1985 since prime minister Rajiv Gandhi had made up his mind to make the announcement on Independence Day. The delegates from Assam who signed on the document did not possess the wisdom to comprehend that certain words in the accord could be a barrier to its implementation in the future.

For instance, it is now accepted by many sections that instead of "Assamese people" in Clause 6 that seeks to provide constitutional safeguards, a better option would have been either "people of Assam" or "Indian citizens of Assam". Till date, there is no definition of Assamese which has thwarted all efforts to implement the vital clause. There was also no timeframe for implementation of the accord and as it turned out years later, only the clause to set up the IIT and refinery was given importance which was never the focus of the agreement.

The AGP won the Assembly polls held four months after the accord with the mandate to identify and deport illegal migrants from the state. But as it transpired later, implementation of the accord was never a priority for the party. For these country bumpkins, it was more important to get married and amass wealth through nefarious means. The worse came in 1996 when the AGP plummeted further by seeking votes from the Bangladeshi migrants! It again swept to power but brushed the issue of illegal migrants once more under the carpet. With no initiative at all to check the demographic influx, the All Assam Students' Union was compelled to conclude another pact with the Centre and state government in 2005 for the implementation of the earlier accord where the need for the NRC was spelt out explicitly.

Governor Lt Gen (Retd) SK Sinha’s report put in cold storage

Alarmed over the continuing influx and the consequent demographic change in the state, Assam governor Lt Gen (Retd) SK Sinha dashed off a 42-page report titled Report on Illegal Migration Into Assam to the President on 8 November 1998. The BJP-led government at the Centre found it convenient to leak the report to the media which was carried on the front page of most national dailies at that time. Hopes were raised when the BJP was finally able to secure the magic number to form the government with its allies after the general election of 1999. But as it turned out, the BJP was hardly any different from the Congress.

A persistent demand from Assam was the repeal of a law — Illegal Migrants (Determination by Tribunals) Act — which was introduced in the state in 1985 for detection of foreign nationals but applicable only in the state while the rest of the country had a different law. The law shielded the illegal migrants since the onus of providing evidence was vested in the government. The governor’s report suggested that the law should be "repealed and replaced by a new legislation" but the BJP never bothered to broach the topic or even implement any preventive measure to check infiltration. Further, a decision was taken to shut the office of the Commissioner of Border under the home ministry in Guwahati which prompted chief minister Tarun Gogoi to make an appeal to revoke the decision. Although the IMDT Act was struck down by the Supreme Court in 2005 in the Sarbananda Sonowal vs Union of India case nothing much has happened beyond that. Sonowal was the then an integral part of AASU. He is now the incumbent chief minister of Assam.

That most of the recommendations by the former governor have been put on the backburner is also evidenced by home minister Rajnath Singh’s ignorance when he was asked by a few senior citizens in Guwahati on 3 January 2015 at Hotel Brahmaputra Ashok to spell out the reasons for the non-implementation of the report. Singh had no answer -- he had never heard of the report! It remains a mystery why preventive measures against infiltration except efforts to seal the India-Bangladesh border have not yet been executed. The report had proposed the registration of country boats and floating border outposts (BoP) in the rivers along the border but they continue to remain only on paper.

MHA’s policy: Ignore and wake up only in emergency

The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) must also share the blame for the volcanic circumstances in Assam today. On 23 June, former home secretary GK Pillai delivered a stinging indictment of the very ministry he served seven years ago while participating in a panel discussion on the NRC at India International Centre. He was of the opinion that the home ministry had never discussed the implementation of constitutional safeguards in Assam during 2001-09 when he had gone for deputation to another ministry.

While it is not precisely known if there was any deliberation on the topic in North Block during that period, such a statement from a former home secretary should make the ministry concerned and scurry for introspection. This writer covered the ministry during 2006-7 and what became most evident was the lack of a long-term policy on many vital issues of internal security. It appears that the objective of most bureaucrats in the home ministry is only to extend their tenure in the ministry by procuring a favourable annual confidential report from their seniors.

That it is time for evaluation of the ministry’s role and performance comes from another recent example when several leaders belonging to the six communities in Assam demanding Scheduled Tribe status were summoned for a meeting to North Block. On 20 July, some of them were quoted by the local media as saying that Rajnath insulted them since he had no time to discuss the issue. The ministry had shelved the demand following objections by other groups from the state and the meeting was held only after a plea from the state government. The groups and many civil society organisations feel that the ST status could be a shield against foreign nationals as it will mean reservation of seats in elected bodies.

Chimpoo

Country flag
Agree with Chimpoo...a person who was born on the soil of India after 1986 should be automatically accepted as citizen of India.
Just quoting this wiki article ,prohumanity: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_nationality_law

More important issue is to make sure more illegal invasion does not happen...seal the border with BD and Myanmar to keep Banglas and Rohingyas out.
Secure the border and , if deportation is not practical, transfer of the illegal immigrants to states like West Bengal or Odisha ,where this population can more easily be absorbed(no doubt Bengalis and Odias on the board will be thrilled by my proposal),

The Indian state at the very least can demonstrate that it is trying to get a control on the demographics of the region ,with the hope that the disaffected indigenous people of the region will throw their lot in wholly with India.

Myanmar has practically solved the Rohingya problem by determined efforts to push them out of Myanmar. Almost 90% have gone to other Muslim countries and only less than 10 % have left in Myanmar now
I also note Burma/Myanmar has also conquered and occupied Assam and Manipur ,in the 19th century,

I can well see nationalistic-minded Burmese generals,wishing to regain some of their historical influence in the region very well seeking common cause with Bangladesh and China, in a destabilised and undeveloped Northeast India

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burmese_invasions_of_Assam

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Manipur#Anglo-Burmese_events

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
AFSPA imposed in Assam. Seems bloodshed is expected, as threatened by Mamto earlier.

Sourav Kumar

Raitas will be the death of this country, as much as liberandus. Some of these clowns want to deport the Hindus as well. I understand if some of the Assamese are troubled by any kangladeshis in Assam, but the centre can bring them west.
I do not know what the meaning of "raitas" is but you are right. There are clowns in India who believe and opine that anyone (including Hindus who were persecuted in East Pakistan/ Bangladesh and came to WB/ Assam as refugees) must be deported. They forget Citizenship Amendment Bill of 2016.

There are many who just consider the boundary of political india that was created in 1947 and wash off their hands as far as Hindus of East Pakistan/ Bangladesh and Pakistan, Afghanistan who were left behind are concerned. These Hindus of Bangladesh and pakistan have every right to settle in India and live a dignified life in India since the current India is derived from the Undivided India that was divided on the basis of religion. However successive indian govts did not want to deal with this vision of India- that India is the land for Hindus of Indian Subcontinent - and in our education we were trained to think only of the people of political india that was created in 1947 and we were trained to forget the plight of Hindus who were left behind in Bangladesh/ Pakistan by the evil politicians of India (Nehru, Gandhi, Left parties).

Credit goes to NDA-Modi govt for bringing in Citizenship Amendment Bill 2016 and I as nationalist indian (in the mould of Swami Vivekananda/ Rishi Aurobindo school of thought) will thank the govt when the bill is passed into law. I do not think there is any value in conducting NRC like exercises until and unless all Hindu Refugees from Indian Subcontinent are granted citizenship without any question. Without that, whatever is played out now is nothing but politics played by political groups/ parties from Assam, West Bengal and Central Govt. This is not much different from what was played by Nehru/Gandhi/Congress/ Left parties in 1947 through 1971 till the 90's and 2000's. All dirty politics, no true Nationalism based on Dharma and Akhanda Bharat!

Sourav Kumar

From 2014 to 2018, BJP leaders (including Modi) have consistently said in election rallies that Hindu refugees of Indian Subcontinent must be given citizenship in India.

As a Bengali Hindu, my expectation from BJP is simple. Keep your words, bring the law in place first. Other than that NRC is nothing but a political game to us Bengali Hindus.

Tibarn

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I do not know what the meaning of "raitas" is but you are right. There are clowns in India who believe and opine that anyone (including Hindus who were persecuted in East Pakistan/ Bangladesh and came to WB/ Assam as refugees) must be deported. They forget Citizenship Amendment Bill of 2016.

There are many who just consider the boundary of political india that was created in 1947 and wash off their hands as far as Hindus of East Pakistan/ Bangladesh and Pakistan, Afghanistan who were left behind are concerned. These Hindus of Bangladesh and pakistan have every right to settle in India and live a dignified life in India since the current India is derived from the Undivided India that was divided on the basis of religion. However successive indian govts did not want to deal with this vision of India- that India is the land for Hindus of Indian Subcontinent - and in our education we were trained to think only of the people of political india that was created in 1947 and we were trained to forget the plight of Hindus who were left behind in Bangladesh/ Pakistan by the evil politicians of India (Nehru, Gandhi, Left parties).

Credit goes to NDA-Modi govt for bringing in Citizenship Amendment Bill 2016 and I as nationalist indian (in the mould of Swami Vivekananda/ Rishi Aurobindo school of thought) will thank the govt when the bill is passed into law. I do not think there is any value in conducting NRC like exercises until and unless all Hindu Refugees from Indian Subcontinent are granted citizenship without any question. Without that, whatever is played out now is nothing but politics played by political groups/ parties from Assam, West Bengal and Central Govt. This is not much different from what was played by Nehru/Gandhi/Congress/ Left parties in 1947 through 1971 till the 90's and 2000's. All dirty politics, no true Nationalism based on Dharma and Akhanda Bharat!
Raitas are right wingers/nationalists who don't want India to be a Hindu Rashtra. They want secular nationalism.

They think India was formed in 1947, Gandhi is Father of the Nation. They also think all religions are the same or deserve to be respected.

They are exactly what you described here, where they don't view Hindus stuck in Pakistan/Bangladesh etc as their brothers and are unconcerned for them/don't want to give them citizenship/want to deport them.

Sourav Kumar

We all know the track record of Nehru-Gandhi family. But now that I read about Assam Accord I wonder what type of politics was played by the leaders of Assam Movement themselves.

According to Assam Accord 1985, all people who came to Assam from East Pakistan/ Bangladesh between 1947 to 1971 would be given citizenship irrespective of whether they were Hindus or Muslims. And after 1971, anyone who comes to Assam from Bangladesh would be expelled. This was the dirty game played by leaders of Assam Movement and Rajiv Gandhi/Congress.

First of all, leaders of Assam Movement should not have accepted to give citizenship to any Bangladeshi Muslim who came to assam between 1947 and 1971 (or after that or ever for that matter.). But the idiots did that for their own vote bank politics. Why does not the Assamese people raise a demand that all Bangladeshi Muslims who illegally entered Assam after 1947 must be evicted? Just because an error had been committed, why must not there be any effort to rectify that?

Why accept any Muslim from Bangladesh in India (Assam or anywhere else) at all? India was divided on basis of religions and as facts stand, Pakistan and Bangladesh are Islamic countries. Why the Assamese people are stuck with their 1985 accord with Rajiv Gandhi? I think Assamese people should do one more movement, this time to rectify the errors of Assam Accord 1985 and would take steps to evict all Bangladeshi Muslims who settled in Assam after 1947! That will free up resources of Assam and make it a beautiful. In the meanwhile, the Hindus of Bangladesh who (or whose ancestors) fought for freedom of Mother India should be given a legal way to settle in India with due respect and dignity!

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
Why accept any Muslim from Bangladesh in India (Assam or anywhere else) at all? India was divided on basis of religions and as facts stand, Pakistan and Bangladesh are Islamic countries. Why the Assamese people are stuck with their 1985 accord with Rajiv Gandhi? I think Assamese people should do one more movement, this time to rectify the errors of Assam Accord 1985 and would take steps to evict all Bangladeshi Muslims who settled in Assam after 1947! That will free up resources of Assam and make it a beautiful. In the meanwhile, the Hindus of Bangladesh who (or whose ancestors) fought for freedom of Mother India should be given a legal way to settle in India with due respect and dignity!
Sekularijm is a big word. Cant alieniate a ethnicity so explicitly till the word is in constitution. Whenever bjp defends NRC it says its being done irrespective of religion. And that there are many Hindus in the list too. Yeah, but it may be done without saying it so....

vampyrbladez

Country flag
From 2014 to 2018, BJP leaders (including Modi) have consistently said in election rallies that Hindu refugees of Indian Subcontinent must be given citizenship in India.

As a Bengali Hindu, my expectation from BJP is simple. Keep your words, bring the law in place first. Other than that NRC is nothing but a political game to us Bengali Hindus.
Dada matha batha neben na. Jhollawla der pode aagun lagiyeche NRC. Next CJI Gogoi from Assam. NRC assured.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Dada matha batha neben na. Jhollawla der pode aagun lagiyeche NRC. Next CJI Gogoi from Assam. NRC assured.
:)... Ranjan Gogoi as CJI.... Now forget about granting citizenship to Bangladeshi Hindus under NRC.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
:)... Ranjan Gogoi as CJI.... Now forget about granting citizenship to Bangladeshi Hindus under NRC.
I want Indians to get citizenship. If illegals try to game the system, then we must be selective as to refugee status.

Sourav Kumar

Now among those illegals, there are many Hindus too.
That is the point I have tried to make. Even if Hindus from Bangladesh illegally settled in Assam (without proper papers or documentation and the "legality" being defined by sickular india, sickular Rajiv Gandhi/Congress and sickular leaders of Assam Movement), they must not be turned back because India as a country is responsible for Hindus of Indian Subcontinent. These Hindus were persecuted in East Pakistan/ Bangladesh on the basis of their religion. Modi-BJP govt has tried to address this issue by proposing Citizenship Amendment Bill 2016 which unfortunately is not tabled yet, as far as I know. Of course a significant section of the assamese does not care about this and rest of india does not have much reason to care about this but I as a Bengali Hindu would like to see these refugees getting citizenship in india leagally and settling down in Eastern India (Bengal and Mamata are always ready for this!)

Modi for 2019 and Amendment to RTE, Freedom of temples and Citizenship to Hindu refugees. These are my demands now. I can give 5% more tax as long as I am earning.

Last edited:

Chinmoy

Country flag
That is the point I have tried to make. Even if Hindus from Bangladesh illegally settled in Assam (without proper papers or documentation and the "legality" being defined by sickular india, sickular Rajiv Gandhi/Congress and sickular leaders of Assam Movement), they must not be turned back because India as a country is responsible for Hindus of Indian Subcontinent. These Hindus were persecuted in East Pakistan/ Bangladesh on the basis of their religion. Modi-BJP govt has tried to address this issue by proposing Citizenship Amendment Bill 2016 which unfortunately is not tabled yet, as far as I know. Of course a significant section of the assamese does not care about this and rest of india does not have much reason to care about this but I as a Bengali Hindu would like to see these refugees getting citizenship in india leagally and settling down in Eastern India (Bengal and Mamata are always ready for this!)

Modi for 2019 and Amendment to RTE, Freedom of temples and Citizenship to Hindu refugees. These are my demands now. I can give 5% more tax as long as I am earning.
The citizenship amendment bill in itself is enough to create and is creating trouble in Assam. There is one very good reason why majority of Assamese is against the amendment bill.

But its better not to discuss here as it would be like stirring a hornet nest.

Moroboshi

Look at this ad I found in today's print edition of Chicago Tribune. Seems world Hindu congress is in town and behold this:

20180907_082013-980x2016.jpg

It boggles my mind the extent to which the liberendu ecosystem goes out of its way to mollycoddle when muslims are involved. goddamn i didn't see a single ad for illegal immigrants like this in Trump's america. and yet here we are. the roots run deep.

Sourav Kumar

Look at this ad I found in today's print edition of Chicago Tribune. Seems world Hindu congress is in town and behold this:

View attachment 27570

It boggles my mind the extent to which the liberendu ecosystem goes out of its way to mollycoddle when muslims are involved. goddamn i didn't see a single ad for illegal immigrants like this in Trump's america. and yet here we are. the roots run deep.
Mollycoddling Muslims in World Hindu Congress- height of irony :D

Since librandus have brought Swami Vivekananda in this, for those of you who may not know Swami Vivekananda well, He called Mohammed an untrained yogi, He called the brotherhood of Islam to be a "sectarian brotherhood" (and thus called Islam a Sectarian religion) and pronounced in USA in clear-cut terms that no religion has spread so much bloodshed as Islam. He was well aware of the "fanatic" nature of Islam.

The question is: Will the Hindus of Assam ever rise to question why Muslims from Bangladesh/ East Pakistan were accommodated in Assam as per Assam accord between Rajiv Gandhi and Assam leaders?

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
No dearth of Jaichands in our country. BSF DG says State Govt assisting in settling BDs and rohingyas in WB.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles