Assam: Four million Bangladeshi illegals Face Deportation

Coalmine

Country flag
There should be a mechanism where media should be allowed to report facts and not debate and mobilise or influence people.
Govt cant deport them untill elections. After that also i doubt. What Myanmar has done we need to do same. In the name of anti terror operation throw them out

AMCA

Country flag
52 Bangladesh citizens sent back from Assam
Rahul Karmakar
GUWAHATI, JULY 30, 2018 00:00 IST
UPDATED: JULY 30, 2018 05:10 IST

• SHARE ARTICLE
  • PRINT
  • A A A

Security personnel guardingthe NRC office in Guwahati on Sunday.PTIPTI

Prohibitory orders clamped on eve of NRC draft publication
The much-awaited complete draft of the updated National Register of Citizens (NRC), expected to take Assam a step closer to segregating genuine citizens from illegal migrants, will be published at 10 a.m. on Monday. The complete draft, to decide the fate of 3.29 crore applicants including the 1.9 crore listed in the first draft published on December 31 last year, will be published online, besides being displayed across 2,500 Nagarik Seva Kendras (NSKs) for the NRC simultaneously.

On Sunday, Section 144 of the Cr.PC was imposed in seven ‘sensitive’ districts, restricting the movement of people in groups of more than four. Officials, however, said they did not foresee violence owing to the assurances by the Centre and the State government that those who were left out of the complete draft would get opportunities to establish their citizenship. The clamping of prohibitory orders coincided with the deportation of 52 Bangladeshis through the Mankachar sector on the Assam-Meghalaya-Bangladesh tri-junction. These 52 were ‘convicted foreigners’ as opposed to ‘declared foreigners’ who are marked thus by Foreigners’ Tribunals after failing the citizenship test and lodged in any of the six detention camps.

The convicted foreigners are also lodged in such camps, but they are self-declared aliens arrested for not having travel papers, or for cross-border crimes.

stew98

Ullah
Country flag
These 52 were ‘convicted foreigners’ as opposed to ‘declared foreigners’ who are marked thus by Foreigners’ Tribunals after failing the citizenship test and lodged in any of the six detention camps.

The convicted foreigners are also lodged in such camps, but they are self-declared aliens arrested for not having travel papers, or for cross-border crimes.
For so many years this was common practice for Bangladeshi criminals, they commit crimes and cross over our side. After fencing whole border crossing and animal smuggling gone down significantly.

sachin458377

Country flag
Government must not bend to pestitutes and take tough decision for which people has voted them.

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
How are they going to mobilize? No one will move out, it is non feasible to move 4 million out. Just a political stunt to show the rest of India BJP tried ( something which is impossible which they also know) but others stopped us . Let's not get fooled. Even if no one stops them, they can't deport. They want others to stop them.
Dont be so sure. There is always a first time.:dude:

dhananjay1

Seems backlash is expected. Cong/ left will try to implement the CA strategy and attempt a destabilisation.
Congis are confused since NRC was started by Congress and it has public support in Assam. If congis oppose it, they can forget about being re-elected in near future. Local congis are trying to take credit for NRC and pappu is as usual spouting off nonsense, contradicting them.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/assam-nrc-final-draft-divides-congress-1300544-2018-07-30

Kalki_2018

Country flag
Excellent move. Make it impossible for illegals to get anything done. Mobile, Banking and buying property. The vermins must have no option but to crawl back or die on the streets.

Berkut

Country flag
Excellent move. Make it impossible for illegals to get anything done. Mobile, Banking and buying property. The vermins must have no option but to crawl back or die on the streets.
they will simply move to Bengal n Kerala and be issued voter ids etc by the state govt. If they revert back from the "religion of peace" they should be accepted whole heartedly into India.

Only Ghar Wapasi can solve the problem.

Flame Thrower

Is Mamata begumji in the list... . :tongue2:

Wonder how they will be deported, or is it that, as one poster said, they will just be losing 'vote'
Sir it's far worse than one can imagine.....

Do you understand that if a person has no vote, then it means that there will be no political backing, if no political backing, then no political party will care if they're kicked out or not.

I always wondered what would be the remedy, but sir losing vote seems to be more powerful medicine than anything. But unfortunately Didi along with Cong and all mahaTHUGbandhan will stop this.

Now the question is can this be implemented before 2019 elections!!?? Certainly, will it be properly implemented!?doubtful. Consequences, in conclusive. If god forbid we loose, all hell will brake loose. One more reason for not to loose(BJP) elections. Will common people understand, definitely not!?

People tend to skip what they don't understand. They tend to be compassionate towards a child's pic than national security. That is saddening but true, any defense enthousiast forgetting this will not expect the outcome will certainly be puzzled by the results.....

Thus I rest my case.

square

Strategic Issues
before using force they should be politly ask to leave.....assam has a long open border with bangladesh and most of the migrents are in boarders areas....they can easly go back to their homeland....

Flame Thrower

before using force they should be politly ask to leave.....assam has a long open border with bangladesh and most of the migrents are in boarders areas....they can easly go back to their homeland....
Correct me if I am wrong, as of now govt is discussing only on removing them from electoral list.

If this is successfully implemented, then time will come for their deportation. I don't GOI uses force for deportation, and everyone is going to be kicked out on same day. It will be a slow and steady process.

I think it would be better to focus on the current issue than future one i.e. removing illegals from electoral list than deporting them.

I think we need to focus more on tricks played by Didi and her supporters and govt plans to counter them.

12arya

Country flag
awwww, don't worry....mamta begum will accept all the illegals into her country, bengal!

Flame Thrower

awwww, don't worry....mamta begum will accept all the illegals into her country, bengal!
West Bengal is part of India, let's not seperate it.

Now coming to Didi, she's surely going to be in tough spot. She'll do all she can to stop EC. GOI shouldn't back down. Shit storm has already begun.

For some reason, I think this will stand as testimony for mahaTHUGbandhan friendship. If they stand with Didi, then I think they'll loose local votes(fence sitters, they made huge difference in 2014). If they don't then BJP should use it as propaganda stating mahaTHUGbandhan is not strong as people think and only BJP can give strong govt.

Interesting times ahead....

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
Didi is going to meet HM Rajnath today. Rajnath has a habit of saying pleasing words but doing whatever he or Govt chooses to. In LS he was hiding behind Supreme Court, saying Govt has nothing to do with the NPR survey. Its being done under guidance of SC judge only.
I was like :hehe::hehe:

square

Strategic Issues
Didi is going to meet HM Rajnath today. Rajnath has a habit of saying pleasing words but doing whatever he or Govt chooses to. In LS he was hiding behind Supreme Court, saying Govt has nothing to do with the NPR survey. Its being done under guidance of SC judge only.
I was like :hehe::hehe:

nishcheet toor pe......... .......

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
One such exercise in WB is a need of hour. Remove all the benefits so that it will be no more attractive for them to live in India. Do family planning operation to all of them and we can use them road construction work etc. if they do not want to go back. Take back all the properties they have gathered and freeze all their bank accounts. Issue them work permit etc. to keep them in identifiable separately.
Deportation is a tough exercise, I guess these guys will be denied the right to vote.

Flame Thrower

One such exercise in WB is a need of hour. Remove all the benefits so that it will be no more attractive for them to live in India. Do family planning operation to all of them and we can use them road construction work etc. if they do not want to go back. Take back all the properties they have gathered and freeze all their bank accounts. Issue them work permit etc. to keep them in identifiable separately.
Let's not get rough...

There are ways to send them back to where they came from.

First cut off backing(political i.e. ability to vote), second, slowly and steadily send them back(make deal with BD, to keep calm and do stuff in hush hush manner). This process is going to be slow else libertads will make noise, aim is to send illegals back home not make noise and stop the process.

If the deal is rotten, then try to get the better end of it. Not live with rotten stuff.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles