Ask Questions to SSS Defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Sss is a Spring manufacturing comapny them have net worth of somewhat greater than 100 million dollars.
I think a purely Firearm Comapny won't last long in India since there is tight arms Law.
Well that's how almost each and every defence firm works in India. Except TONBO, MKU and few drone startups, every other company involved in defence sector are in "part-time" basis to get whatever share they can from MoD tenders.

1. TATAs were enormous business house before trying their hands in defence.
2. Same for Mahindra.
3. And Adani.
4. And Kalyani.
5. And L&T
6. And our very own, SSS

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
@Johny_Baba @Bhumihar @Haldilal @ezsasa @Emperor Kalki @Shaitan @Gessler
Lijiye, aap sab apni din ki shuruaat isse kariye. Din kaafi achha katega aapka.

This guy answered none of my questions, but what he said was way more epic.
View attachment 56749
I'm totally fine with SSS copying stuff from foreign OEM.
Whats the issue in copying stuff? If it's indigenously made?
As if OFB is not trying to copy equipments from other OEMS and multiple countries in the world copy/steal design from different companies.

India don't have a very high calibre Gun manufacturing capabilities every step in development towards newer technologies is welcoming.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Whats the issue in copying stuff? If it's indigenous made?
As if OFB is not trying to copy equipments from other OEMS.
I dont have a problem with that but with such a level of copying SSS Defence will face a difficult times unless they are able to replace the parts wholly.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
@Johny_Baba @Bhumihar @Haldilal @ezsasa @Emperor Kalki @Shaitan @Gessler
Lijiye, aap sab apni din ki shuruaat isse kariye. Din kaafi achha katega aapka.

This guy answered none of my questions, but what he said was way more epic.
View attachment 56749
Bhai hats off :hail:you did it!

Am glad that my hypothesis on SSS is almost confirmed now with the shown proof here.

Now let's see what could be done by us to spread the message across internet,maybe a medium article would suffice, as suggested by Lurkerbaba ? alternatively i happen to know a friend doing internship in certain (anti-indian though) defense journo website who might publish an article on it.
Will wait for your suggestions before going ahead,friends - Lonewarriro, Lurkerbaba, Bhumihar, Haldilal, Emperor Kalki, Gessler, Rone and all...

BTW this is 2nd "win" related to firearms for me this year (First one i shall explain later,it's kinda ;childish; compared to this)

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
I dont have a problem with that but with such a level of copying SSS Defence will face a difficult times unless they are able to replace the parts wholly.
Were they will get difficulty? Here countries are copying American made M-4 rifle totally for decades. If SSS defence don't run towards American market and sell these copied equipment to IA only why they will have issue's?

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Something is better than nothing.
If SSS is end up making high end copied equipments it's all good.
It's better to copy and make thing's locally rather than just importing stuff OFB will not make newer generation equipment SSS defence can't copy other equipment okay so let's just keep importing.
More than 12 countries have copied M-4 Gun.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Whats the issue in copying stuff? If it's indigenously made?
So am I.

But don't you think there's a bit difference between silently copying something Vs importing parts, assembling them and claiming to have successfully made the best weapon Indian have ever seen?

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
So am I.

But don't you think there's a bit difference between silently copying something Vs importing parts, assemble them and claiming to have successfully made the best weapon Indian have ever seen?
Doesn't your correspondence say that SSS is "copying them and manufacturing the pieces themselves and ripping us off" ?

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
So am I.

But don't you think there's a bit difference between silently copying something Vs importing parts, assemble them and claiming to have successfully made the best weapon Indian have ever seen?
Your answer is already given by the OEM which you questioned. He said they have started to locally copy them.
Why they will invest multi million $ on making rifles with totally local parts when they don't have order worth 10rs.
They have been saying once we get order we will mass manufacturer things locally we haven't seen their production unit products.

Silent copying or open copying doesn't matter. Multiple indian firms are suffering from legal actions in US because of IP issues. Technically our whole pharma industry is based on copy.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Doesn't your correspondence say that SSS is "copying them and manufacturing the pieces themselves and ripping us off" ?
Simply because he thinks they have the capability to copy that.

But I think that's not the case, coz they try to hide each and every manufacturer's markings on all their products.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
But isn't that what they are claiming?
I fear it is.
But isn't that what they are claiming?
I fear it is.
Based on the tweet you posted in the other thread, SSS still have given themselves a margin on 15% by Value of non-SSS components.

What’s the retail value of components you think they copied?

Haldilal

Country flag
Ok what I think is the SSS outsourcing the Parts to a Foreign OEM at a low cost probably from China. Just my guess. It's all about Economy of scale. Now put me in front of the Fire squad.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Based on the tweet you posted in the other thread, SSS still have given themselves a margin on 15% by Value of non-SSS components.

What’s the retail value of components you think they copied?
For the .338 sniper rifle. Parts I'm dead sure.
1. MDT pistol grip = $22.32
2. MDT scope rings = $74.48
3. MDT muzzle brake = $89.38
4. MDT Mag .338 = $60.38

Parts I'm not sure about, but I'm trying my best. Will name them soon.
1. "A certain bolt action" = $1900
2. Typical barrel = $350-400
3. Trigger group = It varies between $100 and $400. So you can consider $150

Haldilal

Country flag
For the .338 sniper rifle. Parts I'm dead sure.
1. MDT pistol grip = $22.32
2. MDT scope rings = $74.48
3. MDT muzzle brake = $89.38
4. MDT Mag .338 = $60.38

Parts I'm not sure about, but I'm trying my best. Will name them soon.
1. "A certain bolt action" = $1900
2. Typical barrel = $350-400
3. Trigger group = It varies between $100 and $400. So you can consider $150
Is the cost from the Original OEM or from an outsourced OEM like the chineses. Do you knew the cost difference between the Original OEM and the Chineses OEM.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Is the cost from the Original OEM or from an outsourced OEM like the chineses. Do you knew the cost difference between the Original OEM and the Chineses OEM.
Naah, outsourcing from Chinese manufacturers will be way more risky for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles