Ask Questions to SSS Defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
This method is fine only if they get orders. Otherwise, outside OEMs may blacklist India due to these issues and GOI may just continue to import. These guys are barely a couple of years old, so, it is what it is.

@Lonewarrior nice work.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
@Lonewarrior bhai,in words of Bernie Sanders I am once again asking for your factfinding support

So i was trying to get a gist of SSS Defence's twitter chats for the article i'm writing and there i found one very specific tweet series that i think the guys there could use to :wash off: things

1598006896706.png

1598006927103.png

source -
As said in this twets this DefExpo 2020 they showcased ^these^ rifles with MDT chassies (could be renamed now as 'Mark I' ) as well as another ones with heavy fixed buttstock with a channel for bolt travel and slightly different receivers on it (although as you said,having same "Deadline" action on it) called "Mark II" Viper and Saber,pics below showing off Viper Mark II and Saber Mark II (kinda looks similar to Barrett MRAD though)

also giving you pics of other sides for better look on this Mark II version of Saber

233723672347237108199-1225264350824288256.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

🙏 So if possible,could you please track down these designs too in case they too are taken from some western (preferebly canadian) manufacturer ?

Lonewarrior

Country flag
@Lonewarrior bhai,in words of Bernie Sanders I am once again asking for your factfinding support

So i was trying to get a gist of SSS Defence's twitter chats for the article i'm writing and there i found one very specific tweet series that i think the guys there could use to :wash off: things

View attachment 56878
View attachment 56879

source -
As said in this twets this DefExpo 2020 they showcased ^these^ rifles with MDT chassies (could be renamed now as 'Mark I' ) as well as another ones with heavy fixed buttstock with a channel for bolt travel and slightly different receivers on it (although as you said,having same "Deadline" action on it) called "Mark II" Viper and Saber,pics below showing off Viper Mark II and Saber Mark II (kinda looks similar to Barrett MRAD though)

also giving you pics of other sides for better look on this Mark II version of Saber

View attachment 56880
View attachment 56881

🙏 So if possible,could you please track down these designs too in case they too are taken from some western (preferebly canadian) manufacturer ?
Yup, I'm also working on this one. It's more of Mark III. Will post soon.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Could the @vinod DX 9 fella help us that nigga often seek on DFI and roam on the forum.

Last edited:

Lonewarrior

Country flag
There are some people here who time and time question me that when did they claim that they have indigenously designed or in-house manufactured these firearms.

Well look what I found.

P.S. - He's the Chief Technical Officer :doh:

Haldilal

Country flag
There are some people here who time and time question me that when did they claim that they have indigenously designed or in-house manufactured these firearms.

Well look what I found.

P.S. - He's the Chief Technical Officer :doh:
Ushe acha to mujhe bana date I would have done a better job nigga. 🤪 🤪 🤪 🤪 🤪

Last edited:

Lonewarrior

Country flag
@Johny_Baba
Ok, so as of now this is all that I have. May be @Bhumihar or @Holy Triad can add more.

*The designations I'm using are all made up by me, not official*

1. Mk-I
proxy.php(1).png

This is the first iteration they made and probably the only one that shoots. Why, coz despite having further iteration it's Mk-I that went for NSG trials. It's the best thing they have.

1. 3rd party suppressor.
2. Non-fluted barrel. And this is important.
3. Standard Harris bipod.
4. Though claimed in-house, 3rd party optics.
5. Aftermarket Remington 700 LA pattern action.
6. Because of point 5, standard Remington 700 pattern aftermarket trigger group.
7. MDT pistol grip.
8. MDT LSS XL Gen-2 folding stock.
9. MDT magazine.
9. Probably in-house developed chassis or may be I'm not aware about the OEM.

2. Mk-II
FB_IMG_1570644585610.jpg

So this is where things start getting sketchy.

1. MDT muzzle brake.
2. A fluted barrel that for many reasons look very "un-barrel-ish".
3. Deadline Action from Ultimatum Precision.
4. MDT magazine.
5. Remington pattern trigger.
6. MDT pistol grip.
7. In-house manufactured buttstock, which is actually copied from MDT's "Skeleton Fixed Buttstock". Result, the rifle now has an unfoldable buttstock.
8. Again same chassis from Mk-I.

3. Mk-III
IMG_20200209_101752.jpg

20200626_122143.jpg

The latest iteration and probably the flagship. In short, slightly more indigenous but also the worst of all three. As much as they apply their own innovation, the rifle gets more and more ruined. Something very OFBish.

1. MDT muzzle brake.
2. Same "un-barrel-ish" barrel.
3. Atlas bipod.
4. MDT magazine.
6. MDT pistol grip.
7. Either a Barrett MRAD type upper receiver- lower receiver arrangement, where the bolt rides inside a aluminium upper instead of a separate action. Or may be a stock Deadline action hidden under upper receiver.
But whatever the case is, it's very poorly made. By the finish of action and bolt it's most probably a exhibition piece, and they are yet to achieve successful operational functionality.
8. Again an in-house made and to be frank a very crudely made buttstock. Modelled after the initial Barrett MRAD stock, this one lacks foldability. Also it's so crude you can see those cheek piece adjustment knobs makes it impossible to get a proper cheek weld.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Thank you very much Lonewarrior bhai,i think i will be able to write an article on it as whatever we could know is out by now.

will keep you guys updated about it and if you get to know something fresh please do tell it on the thread.

Haldilal

Country flag
Thank you very much Lonewarrior bhai,i think i will be able to write an article on it as whatever we could know is out by now.

will keep you guys updated about it and if you get to know something fresh please do tell it on the thread.
@Johny_Baba likhne se pahle yeh mantar jaroor japana
pikachu-tala ki duaa hampe hamesha barasti rahe,o pikagamber !
Pika hu akbarr!

Haldilal

Country flag
Hope to see impartial reviews of
@SSSDefence
products soon. Rumors & marketing information holds promise as does the visual appeal of products. Asked by one of our DFI Nigga to SSS Defence on the SNS platform on 18.

These Fellas are bringing out plenty of rifles. But don't see any of the firing videos. Are they even working on a working prototype or they turn out to be a fly by night operator.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Fvckin SSSD
Stupid company

They produce none of the weapons they have shown here...
1613492906217.jpeg

This is their Twitter Account’s Banner, having an M4A1 fired by US Army dude, SSSD doesn’t manufacture it.
1613492936111.jpeg

And their Twitter Timeline is shit, they just Tweet and Retweet useless stuff. They are Badi Badi Baatein, Kaam kuchh nahi.

If their weapons are so good then why don’t do a PR, showing their firepower etc. Not even a single video or even pic of Shooting of SSSD CZ BREN knockoff P-72 guns.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Honestly even Astr guys have yet to shown their assault rifle proving its mantle on range like SSSD's P-72 but maybe yeah it is kinda promising design over P-72. Due to that i personally consider both Astr and SSSD same i.e. will believe in it when it happens , though cannot say much about Astr's PR on SM.
Astr is a startup, SSSD is a well established company, Astr is new so I feel he deserves time, SSSD are just useless, read my above few posts, why I am saying this.

Whitecollar

Country flag
MCIWS is closed, IA is not interested in this concept anymore.
with private players in place now, small arms weapon development of assault rifle caliber itself becomes moot now from a govt lab perspective.
Sirji I have a question. You know that SSS defence and Astr Defence haven't had a single gun bought by any defence force yet. Why can't they sell their guns abroad(US, Canada, Russia, etc) to gain some bucks as MoD and Govt in particular are not helping them flourish in any way?

Pig benis on sushy

Country flag
Honestly even Astr guys have yet to shown their assault rifle proving its mantle on range like SSSD's P-72 but maybe yeah it is kinda promising design over P-72. Due to that i personally consider both Astr and SSSD same i.e. will believe in it when it happens , though cannot say much about Astr's PR on SM.
Well even if sss are importing and assembling I support them it's better than ofb our small arms industry is small if ordering will help them if not army then crpf it will surely meet their req. Besides they are a bit innovative in design not like ofb a bit modern drdo and sss or astr if Collab that's only chance we might get good quality and a modern rifle

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Sirji I have a question. You know that SSS defence and Astr Defence haven't had a single gun bought by any defence force yet. Why can't they sell their guns abroad(US, Canada, Russia, etc) to gain some bucks as MoD and Govt in particular are not helping them flourish in any way?
on a side note : Donno about Russia, but firearms market is bad at the moment in US and canada. there is a waitlist to get even 9mm ammo. even primers are in short supply, if some one wants to make their own ammo. Shot show is cancelled for this year.

anyways their business model their choice, we can only speculate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles