Asia’s Century: India And China Should Avoid Western Trap

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Asia’s Century: India And China Should Avoid Western Trap

By Dr. Sawraj Singh

Prime Minister Modi’s trip to China, Mongolia, and South Korea has succeeded in giving the message that the rise of Asia in this century is inevitable and that the 21st century is going to be remembered as Asia’s century. Even though the trends of western decline and the rise of the East are very clear, yet the West is not ready to accept the new realities and wants to desperately hold on to the present unipolar world order, which is based upon western domination and American hegemony. However, because of the new and emerging trends and changing equations in the world, they are finding it extremely difficult to hold on to the outdated system. They feel that they can prevent Asia from uniting and struggling to change the existing world order to a new world order which is fair and just for everyone. They do not want the two biggest countries of Asia, India and China, to work together toward achieving such a system.

The western countries also do not want Europe to become an arena for the Third World War. Two World Wars were fought there. In the early seventies, when I first went to Europe, I was told by tourist guides that many European cities were more than 80% destroyed in the Second World War. It is obvious that Europe is very reluctant to have another World War fought there.

The capitalist system and its highest stage, globalization, have this characteristic that they will be riddled with cycles of economic crises. The main reason for this situation is that in capitalism, production mainly serves the interests of the capitalist class to maximize its profits rather than take into consideration the needs of society. In this scenario, over-production of some goods which yield more profit is inevitable, while those goods which are not profitable are ignored. This leads to chaos and anarchy in production. The over-production leads to crisis. When the capitalists run out of measures to come out of the crisis, then they start a war. Therefore, wars are inevitable in the capitalist system. If we look from an eastern perspective, then it becomes clear that under capitalism, production is done for desires rather than for needs. Eastern philosophy had long realized that desires are the cause of suffering. War is the highest state of suffering.

The western capitalists look at China as their main rival because it has already become the hub of production. However, they also see India as a potential adversary. They feel that one day, India can challenge their superiority. If India and China fight each other, then both can become weak and they will be unable to challenge western domination and will not be able to change the present world order. Moreover, it will save Europe from becoming an arena for the Third World War which will be shifted to Asia. Instead of Europe, Asia will face massive destruction. This time, the destruction can be almost complete because there is a high possibility of a conventional war turning into nuclear war.

Today, the western media dominates the world. Many of our scholars and thinkers have this illusion about western media that it is neutral. However, the bitter truth is that in the end, western media serves the interests of western capitalists. On the surface, it appears that western media is impartial. In reality, western media is much more dangerous than the media in third world countries. In third world countries, the media openly sides with the rulers. However, western media gives the impression of objectivity and neutrality. It will sometimes go to the extent of giving opposing views to the ruling class. However, in the end, it always serves the interests of the western capitalists.

Even though China is not completely immune from western propaganda and some people there are also influenced by western media, yet India is much more susceptible to western media. After travelling to many parts of the world, I got the impression that Indians have exceeded other people in the fields of subservience to the West and of having a slavish mentality towards the West. This is why I feel that India has to be extremely careful about the effects of western media.

A few years ago, a survey was conducted by Pew Research Center about how people in different countries feel about America. While in most of the countries, people had negative feelings about America, a big majority of Indians had positive feelings about America. Compare this with the results in Canada, which is the biggest neighbor and is almost completely integrated economically with America: about 70% of Canadians had negative feelings about America. The same was true of England, which can be considered America’s closest ally in Europe and in the world.

India should keep in mind that China is India’s biggest neighbor and is also its biggest trading partner. India has had very close cultural, religious, and economic relations with China for a very, very long time. A war with China can be extremely dangerous and disastrous for India. India can become an arena for the Third World War.

India should make its policies by taking into consideration the fundamental interests of its people rather than fall into a trap set by the western countries and western media. The fundamental interests of the Indian people are identical with the interests of the people of Asia and the third world, and the majority of the people of the world. Their interests are best served by a peaceful transition from the present western-dominated unipolar world to a multipolar world. India and China, in spite of their differences, should work together for a peaceful transition to a multipolar world. Neither India nor China can get the status that they deserve in the present unipolar world order, which is dominated by the West under American hegemony. India and China should work toward a system based on fairness, justice, equality, and mutual respect.

Asia’s century and a multipolar world are two sides of the same coin because unlike the West, Asia has never been monolithic. Unlike the West, Asia has always upheld the principle of unity in diversity rather than the western concept of uniformity. Unlike the western tendency toward absolutism, Asia has always promoted relativism, which leads to accepting pluralism. An Asian century can never mean that Asia will impose its values on non-Asians. In the Euro-centric world of today, the West has always tried to impose its values on the others as universal values. This attitude of imposing western culture and values on the others is also one of the major causes of turmoil and increased tensions in the world. In Asia’s century, the principle of respect for all cultures is more likely to be upheld.

Dr. Sawraj Singh, MD F.I.C.S. is the Chairman of the Washington State Network for Human Rights and Chairman of the Central Washington Coalition for Social Justice. He can be reached at[email protected].

http://thelinkpaper.ca/?p=47000

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Non sense .... lol ... China is fully integrated into the capitalist system.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Non sense .... lol ... China is fully integrated into the capitalist system.
Nationhood is not equal to Ideology !

China follows state funded capitalism not western.

India is a mixed version of Capitalism and Some touches of communism.

The world is a complicated place to divide into blocks, India and China has lot of space to benefit from each other.

These two countries have 2.5 Billion people, a big market, lot of human resources. If these countries come together in trade, culture and economy it will benefit the region.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Nationhood is not equal to Ideology !

China follows state funded capitalism not western.

India is a mixed version of Capitalism and Some touches of communism.

The world is a complicated place to divide into blocks, India and China has lot of space to benefit from each other.

These two countries have 2.5 Billion people, a big market, lot of human resources. If these countries come together in trade, culture and economy it will benefit the region.
Yes and santa is not real...
It would also be nice to be friends with Pak now would it not?
Look first of all , the west is not planning to ignite an indo china war
China has clear expansionist tendencies that must stop before a mature friendship with india is reached.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Yes and santa is not real...
It would also be nice to be friends with Pak now would it not?
Look first of all , the west is not planning to ignite an indo china war
China has clear expansionist tendencies that must stop before a mature friendship with india is reached.

It would be nice if the region is peaceful and progressing !

China and Pakistan both have expansionist tendencies, But it is upto the countries in this region to know the real situation on the ground, global scenario, western interests and come together.

Having said that there are hyenas which are waiting to pounce on any opportunity across the borders. India must be careful in this regard.

no smoking

Country flag
Funny thing is that Chinese has the same view about India: India has clear expansionist tendencies that must stop before a mature friendship with India is reached.

Maybe it is time for both sides to accept that both are equally guilty.

Sonnpekikd

It would be great if you manage to achieve it, but you are already part of the west and follow the dictate of the west. Maybe you achieve preeminence, then you are some preeminent western states... If you dont develop your own model that can really challenge the west WITHOUT DESTROYING PLANETS, then you remain just some watchdogs of them.

Sonnpekikd

By the way, people not using interpunctuation correctly remind me of the western monarchst plot. I think its an insult of all readers if it happens on purpose.

pmaitra

By the way, people not using interpunctuation correctly remind me of the western monarchst plot. I think its an insult of all readers if it happens on purpose.
Interpunctuation and separating ideas into paragraphs makes for a lucid read. However, many of us, including myself, think and write at the same time, and often forget proper punctuation and paragraph separation. I don't think this is deliberate.

What is the monarchist plot you are referring to?

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Funny thing is that Chinese has the same view about India: India has clear expansionist tendencies that must stop before a mature friendship with India is reached.

Maybe it is time for both sides to accept that both are equally guilty.
Yes , India came up with an "ancient map" in 2003 and suddenly started claiming large parts of China. It also sold nuclear weapons to Japan. Fascism is second nature to India.

no smoking

Country flag
Yes , India came up with an "ancient map" in 2003 and suddenly started claiming large parts of China. It also sold nuclear weapons to Japan. Fascism is second nature to India.
Oh, no, India did even better: drawing a new map and that is, you accept it or I will kick you out.

Sonnpekikd

Interpunctuation and separating ideas into paragraphs makes for a lucid read. However, many of us, including myself, think and write at the same time, and often forget proper punctuation and paragraph separation. I don't think this is deliberate.

What is the monarchist plot you are referring to?
The west is controlled through the templars, freemasons, highest rank might be the maltese order. The red cross is basically the maltese order, all developed from this institution in the crusades. It are chrsitian and jewish seceret orders. Democracy, governments and economy aso are only the makeup. The maltese order only consists of royals and catholics.

Last edited:

argumentum

I disagree entirely with this approach. The West, particularly the English speaking countries (anglosphere) are best aligned with India's long term interests .. economically, politically, strategically and ideologically. I posted the following in another thread:

Indians need to start thinking bigger. India's goal should not be to become an "asian power", India's goal should be to be Asia's Hegemon. It may seem unrealistic now, but from 300bc to 1200ad, India was Asia's dominant culture and economy. There is no reason why that shouldn't be the case 50 years from now.

Joining an anglosphere alliance can help India achieve this for the following reasons:

1. India is already "in" the anglosphere, due to its large English speaking population. The question is whether to acknowledge and take advantage of this membership militarily and economically. Anglosphere countries are strategically located around the world to dominate trade & geopolitics. United, we can control the sea lanes, push back the advance of Islamism, contain the threat of Chinese or Russian expansionism. We can ensure the world bends to our rules (personal liberty, political equality, rule of law) rather than us bending to its rules.

2. English is the world's lingua franca for the foreseeable future. India will soon house the world's largest population of native english speakers (those brought up knowing English). With the advent of the internet, conversation is global. Those who dominate the English conversation will exert extraordinary influence over world opinion.

3. I see many complaints in this forum about America looking out for its own self-interest. The real question is when will Indians realize the true genius of America is understanding how to channel self-interest to create a prosperous & free society. Indian and American interests weren't aligned during the cold war, because while they agreed on political principles but disagreed on economics. America looked the other way on Saudi/Pakistan because its greatest ideological enemy was communism. Now that India has intellectually accepted free markets & free trade, and America has defeated communism and been attacked by Islamism, our interests are perfectly aligned.

3. There are powerful Indian origin communities in all the other anglosphere nations (Britain, USA (like me), Australia, South Africa, Canada, Singapore). Many of us are eager to help facilitate India's rise, partly for reasons of pride or duty, but also for reasons of self-interest. The closer India and America get, the more job & investment opportunities we will get as a bridge between the two powers. The Indian diaspora is much younger than the Jewish diaspora, so we have not yet built global institutions to coordinate our activities. With India's help, we will.

The era of "non-alignment" & "third-worldism" is over. India can and will rule Asia, and dare I say the world, but only when its people realize they are a free people, who no longer fear foreign domination, and who engage with the world to promote their interests.

It's time to stop playing the victim and start planning for victory.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
I disagree entirely with this approach. The West, particularly the English speaking countries (anglosphere) are best aligned with India's long term interests .. economically, politically, strategically and ideologically. I posted the following in another thread:

Indians need to start thinking bigger. India's goal should not be to become an "asian power", India's goal should be to be Asia's Hegemon. It may seem unrealistic now, but from 300bc to 1200ad, India was Asia's dominant culture and economy. There is no reason why that shouldn't be the case 50 years from now.

Joining an anglosphere alliance can help India achieve this for the following reasons:

1. India is already "in" the anglosphere, due to its large English speaking population. The question is whether to acknowledge and take advantage of this membership militarily and economically. Anglosphere countries are strategically located around the world to dominate trade & geopolitics. United, we can control the sea lanes, push back the advance of Islamism, contain the threat of Chinese or Russian expansionism. We can ensure the world bends to our rules (personal liberty, political equality, rule of law) rather than us bending to its rules.

2. English is the world's lingua franca for the foreseeable future. India will soon house the world's largest population of native english speakers (those brought up knowing English). With the advent of the internet, conversation is global. Those who dominate the English conversation will exert extraordinary influence over world opinion.

3. I see many complaints in this forum about America looking out for its own self-interest. The real question is when will Indians realize the true genius of America is understanding how to channel self-interest to create a prosperous & free society. Indian and American interests weren't aligned during the cold war, because while they agreed on political principles but disagreed on economics. America looked the other way on Saudi/Pakistan because its greatest ideological enemy was communism. Now that India has intellectually accepted free markets & free trade, and America has defeated communism and been attacked by Islamism, our interests are perfectly aligned.

3. There are powerful Indian origin communities in all the other anglosphere nations (Britain, USA (like me), Australia, South Africa, Canada, Singapore). Many of us are eager to help facilitate India's rise, partly for reasons of pride or duty, but also for reasons of self-interest. The closer India and America get, the more job & investment opportunities we will get as a bridge between the two powers. The Indian diaspora is much younger than the Jewish diaspora, so we have not yet built global institutions to coordinate our activities. With India's help, we will.

The era of "non-alignment" & "third-worldism" is over. India can and will rule Asia, and dare I say the world, but only when its people realize they are a free people, who no longer fear foreign domination, and who engage with the world to promote their interests.

It's time to stop playing the victim and start planning for victory.
I agree with you..... This article is stupid and written by a man whose time has passed.
The only hindrance is the political left in EU and US .... they seem ... to be "neo-imperialist" to indians....always $hitting on India for poverty and other problems...not that these problems don't exist .... but they just mess up and ruin the discourse...... These are the same people who say "not all muslims are terrorists but will call all indians rapists......
Anyway lets see how carter cooperates in the AC and jet engine tech.....

argumentum

British Indians largely moved to the right in the recent election, I suspect the time is near when Indian Americans will do the same. I think we've tilted left so far because it claims to be more open & pro-immigrant, but in reality it is only pro illegal immigration.

There has always been a "global left", the need of the hour is to build a "global right" based on classical liberal principles (as opposed to what is called "liberal" in the USA). We can build networks and relationships between the supporters of free markets, free trade, free speech, liberal democracy, real secularism etc around the world.

I think the anglosphere Indian diaspora is the ideal vehicle to coordinate this enterprise.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
There has always been a "global left", the need of the hour is to build a "global right" based on classical liberal principles (as opposed to what is called "liberal" in the USA). We can build networks and relationships between the supporters of free markets, free trade, free speech, liberal democracy, real secularism etc around the world.
yup.... but the demographics in US are rigged against Republicans.... Check the US electionwatch thread in the americas section
And don't take the anti-PIO/NRI posts here seriously .... there are leftist **** like that Pankaj Mishra in The UK and some leftist PIO profs and activists in the US that evoke this reaction..... generally people like PIO/NRIs

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
yup.... but the demographics in US are rigged against Republicans.... Check the US electionwatch thread in the americas section
And don't take the anti-PIO/NRI posts here seriously .... there are leftist **** like that Pankaj Mishra in The UK and some leftist PIO profs and activists in the US that evoke this reaction..... generally people like PIO/NRIs

I would like to add that the vitriol the NRIs/PIOs get are only against the elitist leftist hypocritic dingbats who pass of as NRIs/PIOs when convinient and Americans when convinient

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles