Ashdoc's movie review---Madras Cafe

HeinzGud

Country flag
I have explained in detail what happenned in SL and how from India to US to SL govt are all are culprits in this game in my earlier posts. Finally SL suffered far more than what IPKF did and LTTE got what they deserved for going back on their promise of disarming its cadre.
We suffered more because IPKF and India failed to keep to the accords of Indo-Lanka pact. And the funny thing is India is forcing Sri Lanka to keep to the accords.

However thanks to the LTTE we are not who we were in 1987 now.

I hope SL will remember that while they went back on their word, Indians stood by the agreement and it was the cutting off of supplies from India and open support to SL govt which resulted in that spectaculer victory of SL Army against LTTE.
"victory has many fathers" and "defeat is a bastard"

Decklander

We suffered more because IPKF and India failed to keep to the accords of Indo-Lanka pact. And the funny thing is India is forcing Sri Lanka to keep to the accords.

However thanks to the LTTE we are not who we were in 1987 now.

"victory has many fathers" and "defeat is a bastard"
Can you deny training of your army commandos by IA in Jungle warfare which turned the tide? Can you deny deployment of Indian radars in SL to defend Colombo airport after the attack on it? can you deny that we gave you tanks and anti aircraft weapons? Can you deny that all your intelligence thru intercepts and air recce was given by RAW?

drkrn

Can you deny training of your army commandos by IA in Jungle warfare which turned the tide? Can you deny deployment of Indian radars in SL to defend Colombo airport after the attack on it? can you deny that we gave you tanks and anti aircraft weapons? Can you deny that all your intelligence thru intercepts and air recce was given by RAW?
not to mention the main attack on ltte few years back is solely from support of the then congress.had not it been indian support usa and other western nations had pushed sri lanka in to economic sanctions and serious war crime cases would have followed.

Decklander

not to mention the main attack on ltte few years back is solely from support of the then congress.had not it been indian support usa and other western nations had pushed sri lanka in to economic sanctions and serious war crime cases would have followed.
You nailed it and the same SL is now trying to sleep in bed with Pak. Seems we need to let PLOTE out of Panchgani to give them a shock.

drkrn

You nailed it and the same SL is now trying to sleep in bed with Pak. Seems we need to let PLOTE out of Panchgani to give them a shock.
they wont.they know the moment they sleep with our neighbour they will have to face the music.they can't afford it

on a long run sri lanka's use in ior is questionable

HeinzGud

Country flag
Can you deny training of your army commandos by IA in Jungle warfare which turned the tide?
Training is something and implementing it on the ground is something else. I do not deny the fact about the close relationship between IA and SLA but you also have to accept the fact that SLA has done a tremendous job.

Also I would like you to remember the Nithayakayakulam incident.

Can you deny deployment of Indian radars in SL to defend Colombo airport after the attack on it?
The 2D radar installed after we requested 3D radars? Anyway thanks for the 2D sets it did nothing more than they are capable of.

can you deny that we gave you tanks and anti aircraft weapons?
I do not no about AAA but tanks? What kind of tanks did you give to us? Though our tank crews were trained in India.

Can you deny that all your intelligence thru intercepts and air recce was given by RAW?
This I cannot accept. If you can please prove it.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Yes India has veto in UN security council. :rofl:

drkrn

The 2D radar installed after we requested 3D radars? Anyway thanks for the 2D sets it did nothing more than they are capable of.
may be we too dont have enough numbers of 3d radars,may be your request for 3d radars is too much to fight against an under equipped ltte.got the point

This I cannot accept. If you can please prove it.
premature post,
intelligence sharing is bilateral for decades,and RA&W provided crucial intel to sri lanka helping them to nail out ltte from the beginning.sri lanka
recent arrest of one ltte top head arrested in malaysia is a help from india.you do not have the hands of that length to capture persons internationally.

such sharing is always seen in between friendly nations,india-nepal,india-bangladesh etc.
we intercept them they bring the culprits to border,we formally arrest them at our border

HeinzGud

Country flag
may be we too dont have enough numbers of 3d radars,may be your request for 3d radars is too much to fight against an under equipped ltte.got the point
Yeah it is too much to fight a Zlin 143 flying at tree top level in the middle of the night.

premature post,
intelligence sharing is bilateral for decades,and RA&W provided crucial intel to sri lanka helping them to nail out ltte from the beginning.
We do not take RAW seriously after the IPKF incident. All the intel about LTTE's local activities which was the most important came from local sources gathered through SLA intel units.

drkrn

We do not take RAW seriously after the IPKF incident. All the intel about LTTE's local activities which was the most important came from local sources gathered through SLA intel units.
crap.most of the money laundering ops and secret donations happen only out of sri lanka.you do not have any sources for such distances except india.
ipkf incident happened on lankan soil where we have no credible intel (includes sla as well)

about ltte local activities in lanka sla is enough

drkrn

We have China and Russia... we do not need India.....
let me tell you something Sri lanka has nothing to offer to all veto nations except china which wishes to contain india or protect its trade routes from india in IOR.

no body really cares for lanka

HeinzGud

Country flag
let me tell you something Sri lanka has nothing to offer to all veto nations except china which wishes to contain india or protect its trade routes from india in IOR.

no body really cares for lanka
Al least for now someone cares and it is enough for us.

HeinzGud

Country flag
crap.most of the money laundering ops and secret donations happen only out of sri lanka.you do not have any sources for such distances except india.
money laundering ops and secret donations were not happened in India mostly. It was done in Western countries and in Malaysia.

about ltte local activities in lanka sla is enough
Local activities mattered most in the war. Do you think simple intel sharing with India or the training SL armed forces received from India helped in the large scale. Give respect where it is due.

The war is Sri Lanka's matter and the glory for ending is also Sri Lanka's.

drkrn

money laundering ops and secret donations were not happened in India mostly. It was done in Western countries and in Malaysia.
you also forgot britain too

true but how can you get such intel without sharing?there comes RA&W

Local activities mattered most in the war. Do you think simple intel sharing with India or the training SL armed forces received from India helped in the large scale. Give respect where it is due.

The war is Sri Lanka's matter and the glory for ending is also Sri Lanka's.
did i contradict.i said sla influence is local only.intel of any level is always crucial in war.about training its better some military person from sl comment it.
if you think i didn't give enough respect i apologize but i didn't offend any one

i only said your SLA relied on RA&W for out of its reach,nothing to be ashamed of, a common practice in the international intelligence

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles