Aryan Invasion Hypothesis

Challenger007

Country flag
The swastika is an ancient symbol that has absolutely nothing to do with the Nazis. As far as I know, this is a symbol representing the movement of the sun and the change of seasons. But I’m not an expert, I didn’t get into symbolism.

Suhaldev

Country flag

dazialsoku

Country flag

Dr. Premendra Priyadarshi has posted on his blog about his new book regarding the origins of farming and its spread out of India.

asaffronladoftherisingsun

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag
All more evidence of unbroken continuous 12000 years plus civilisation of BHARAT :
@Cheran @Indx TechStyle @Jimih @ezsasa @Haldilal @Lonewolf @airstrike99 @Kumata @Knowitall
Recently, archaeologists discovered "Baghor shrine". It is a Devi temple with Yantra continuously worshiped by Hindu tribals and their ancestors Yantra & temple dates back to 11,000 years before present. It is worshiped eventoday Jonathan Kenoyer of Harappa Archaeological Research Project has been the leading
archaeologist of Ancient BHARAT for 30 years. He examined Baghor Kali temple and dated the shrine back
to 9000 bce. He was surprised by "remarkable continuity of religious beliefs in BHARAT".

DHARMA.JPG

DHARMA eternal2.JPG

Baghor shrine is a modest temple that only has a stone platform under Neem tree and a triangular
shaped Yantra worshiped as Goddess in the middle of platform. Yet, it has been worshiped
continuously since 11,000 years before present from Paleolithic hunter gatherers to modern day inhabitants.

DHARMA eternal.JPG

DHARMA shrine.JPG

Dharma Eternal15.JPG

Dharma eternal6.JPG

Jimih

Country flag
All more evidence of unbroken continuous 12000 years plus civilisation of BHARAT :
@Cheran @Indx TechStyle @Jimih @ezsasa @Haldilal @Lonewolf @airstrike99 @Kumata @Knowitall
Recently, archaeologists discovered "Baghor shrine". It is a Devi temple with Yantra continuously worshiped by Hindu tribals and their ancestors Yantra & temple dates back to 11,000 years before present. It is worshiped eventoday Jonathan Kenoyer of Harappa Archaeological Research Project has been the leading
archaeologist of Ancient BHARAT for 30 years. He examined Baghor Kali temple and dated the shrine back
to 9000 bce. He was surprised by "remarkable continuity of religious beliefs in BHARAT".

View attachment 95777

View attachment 95780

Baghor shrine is a modest temple that only has a stone platform under Neem tree and a triangular
shaped Yantra worshiped as Goddess in the middle of platform. Yet, it has been worshiped
continuously since 11,000 years before present from Paleolithic hunter gatherers to modern day inhabitants.

View attachment 95778

View attachment 95779

View attachment 95782

View attachment 95784

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag

a new genetics paper on southern Europe shows the increase in Iranian Neolithic and Caucus Hunter Gather genetics in Aegean and Italian peninsula during Bronze age.
Map of post-urban Harappan cultural sites. We can see shift from northwest into east during post Harappan era when Sarasvati river dried. Note that there is no new intruding culture in northwest during 1500 bce, ruling out any aryangaandmastibs from outside. From Akinori Uesugi:

DHARMA triumph.png

New settlements detected :

DHARMA triumph 15.JPG

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag
The swastika is an ancient symbol that has absolutely nothing to do with the Nazis. As far as I know, this is a symbol representing the movement of the sun and the change of seasons. But I’m not an expert, I didn’t get into symbolism.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Subject: Re: Views critical of KS Valdiya's work on Sarasvati
To: "S. Kalyanaraman"

My dear Dr. Kalyanaraman,

Many thanks for sending me the e-mail forwarding on the 19th instant 'Views critical of K. S. Valdiya's work on Sarasvati'.

Since the accompanying Note, by Giosan and others, also adversely comments on the thesis proposed by me that Haraapan Civilization and Vedic Civilization are but two faces of the same coin, I am sending a reply. Kindly have it placed on the Internet and let me know when the needful has been done.

Thanking you very much and with the best regards,

B. B. Lal

Note: The note dated June 21, 2012 of Prof. Brajbasi Lal in in reference to the pnas paper of Liviu Giosan et al posted in the references cited below. Th full text of the pnas paper is ahttp://www.docstoc.com/docs/121656630/Fluvial-landscapes-of-Harappan-civilization----Liviu-Giosan-(May-2012) Kalyanaraman.

My attention has been drawn to a paper published in a recent issue of pnas , in which Profs. L. Giosan, P. Clift and thirteen others have dealt with the effects of climatic changes during the 4th -3rd millennia BCE in the region from the Yamuna on the east to the Indus on the west. This paper also includes the following comment on the Harappan=Vedic equation which had been proposed by me in one of my recent books:

“The strong assertions by geologists that the diversion of glacial rivers from the Ghaggar coincided with the decline of the Harappan civilization was used by archaeologists like Prof. B.B. Lal to place the composers of the Rig Veda on the plains of the Punjab before the Ghaggar dried up, apparently bolstering the theory that the Harappan people and the Vedic people were one and the same. A geological narrative constructed without rigorous evidence has been promoted to support a theory of cultural evolution in northwest India.” {This quote is from http://suvratk.blogspot.in/2012/06/fluvial-history-and-fortunes-of.html
These comments were made by J. Triptronicus on June 17, 2012 at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/IndiaArchaeology/message/14212}

First of all, let me make it clear in unequivocal terms that the equation, namely Harappan Civilization=Vedic Civilization, is not at all based on the evidence of existence, cessation or diversion of any glacier-fed river(s), as has been made out by the signatories of the above Note. It stands on its own line of arguments.

(For a detailed analysis, the reader’s attention is invited to pp. 114-26 of my book, How Deep are the Roots of Indian Civilization: Archaeology Answers, New Delhi: Aryan Books International, 2009.) Here, I will briefly re-state the more salient arguments, as follows.

1. Scholars all over the world, whether in usa-europe or India, accept that the now-dry river going by the name of Ghaggar in Haryana and Rajasthan, Hakra in Cholistan and Nara in Sindh is none other than the Rigvedic Sarasvati. Whether it was a glacier-fed or monsoon-fed river is irrelevant in the present context.

2. On its banks there flourished many Early Harappan and Mature Harappan sites, during the 4th and 3rd millennia bce. The extent of this civilization was from the upper Yamuna on the east to the Indus on the west.

3. Hydrological investigations and C-14 dates indicate that the Sarasvati dried up approximately around 2,000 bce. [Even literary evidence confirms the drying up of the Sarasvati after the Rigvedic times and before that of the Pamchnimsa Brahmana (XXV.10.16)].

4. Since the Rigveda speaks eloquently of the Sarasvati as an active river, the period of the Rigveda must be placed before 2,000 bce(cf. No. 3 above). How much earlier is anybody’ guess.

5. Verses 5 and 6 of Sukta 75 of Mandala X of the RIGVEDA define the Rigvedic territory, which extended from the upper reaches of the GANGA-Yamuna on the east to the Indus and its western tributaries on the west.

6. If we put Nos. 2, 4 and 5 together, it becomes abundantly clear that the Vedic Civilization and the Harappan Civilization are but two faces of the same coin.

7. Thus, howsoever we may wish, we cannot wriggle out of this Vedic=Harappan equation.

B. B. LAL,
Former Director General,
Archaeological Survey of India

References:
Fluvial History And The Fortunes Of The Harappan Civilization
FRIDAY, JUNE 15, 2012

June 17, 2012

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag
BB LAL is a name synoymous with Archaeological Research in BHARAT. Doing his work with perfections of epic proportions he is top most tier most cited authors in archaeology.

DHARMA Triumph.JPG

DHARMA Triumph1.JPG

DHARMA Triumph2.JPG

DHARMA Triumph3.JPG

DHARMA Triumph4.JPG

DHARMA Triumph5.JPG

DHARMA Triumph6.JPG

To be continued.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles